What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Romney Loses 7 Points In Gallup Poll

Truthseeker420

Gold Member
Reaction score
Remember Mitt Romney's seven-point lead back in mid-October? No one believed it -- now the skepticism can be justified.

The latest Gallup/USA Today battleground survey shows the GOP challenger tied with President Barack Obama at 48 percent.

But here's an expanded analysis why --despite many new polls showing a tie-- the incumbent still has a clear edge.

Daily Kos: New Gallup poll smashes Romney's past 7-point lead

Last edited:

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Reaction score
I thought Gallup was torpedoed when the had Romney ahead by 6?:eusa_eh:

They're back in favor?

Got it.......:eusa_shifty:

Oh, is Ras still unapproved polling org?:confused:

I wish you folks would make up your minds, the election is tomorrow....:eusa_whistle:

Jroc

יעקב כהן
Reaction score
The president at 48% means he loses:cool:

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

Jroc

יעקב כהן
Reaction score

decker

Reaction score
Remember Mitt Romney's seven-point lead back in mid-October? No one believed it -- now the skepticism can be justified.

The latest Gallup/USA Today battleground survey shows the GOP challenger tied with President Barack Obama at 48 percent.

But here's an expanded analysis why --despite many new polls showing a tie-- the incumbent still has a clear edge.

Daily Kos: New Gallup poll smashes Romney's past 7-point lead
gallup poll been all over the place really. it might be right in the end though. who knows

decker

Reaction score

Dreamy

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why do so many here post various poll results(many questionable on how they were done) on multiple threads? They all seem like "neener neener" threads.

If election votes are sometimes corrupt or fraudulent why would anyone trust poll numbers?

Jackson

Gold Member
Reaction score
Everyone is sporting their own candidate. It doesn't make any difference what you say. The voters will be doing the talking now. Just sit back and relax. And wait.

mamooth

Gold Member
Reaction score
There's the actual poll. Notice that Obama was leading in the last poll taken. If he's now tied with Romney, it means he lost support while Romney gained support.

What on earth are you babbling about?

The graph showed RV. The poll results are LV. You're comparing apples to oranges. In both the RV and LV gallup results, Obama has made steady gains. He is at +4 in RV, tied in LV, according to Gallup.

lol @ the morons over at Daily Kos.

LOL at you, for being unable to read a graph properly. And for snivelling that any news which makes you cry must have come from Daily Kos.

mascale

Gold Member
Reaction score
Gallup may actually have a shortened version of the usual tracking poll--a four day-track--up anytime soon. Maybe not. I myself can hardly wait to see if the Gallup finding of that "thrill up the leg" is still measurable in Romney's Southern LV support(?)! Either Ann Romney has some explaining to do. . . .or maybe Mitt Romney has some explaining to do!

USA Today/Gallup Poll: Swing-state Voters Split 48-48 Between Obama, Romney and Obama “Bounce” Since October | The Moderate Voice

The problem for Romney is the lack of connectedness with the usual voter. He nailed it himself. There are at leat 47% of voters opposed to the Romney proposed bailout of the European Luxury Car Manufacturers, with a tax cut for the rich only. The 47% do not participate in the Romney-Ryan economic plan. The shopkeepers in One Wisconsin do not participate in the Romney Ryan economic plan. No spending money is intended to be made available.

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(For real thrill up Maybe-Romney-Voter leg: Maybe understand about Land of Traitors, Rattlesnakes and Alligators(?)!)

Last edited:

LordBrownTrout

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Romney should win going away. EV should be around 300-238 in Romney's favor, maybe more.

Amazed

Rookie
Reaction score

Charles_Main

AR15 Owner
Reaction score
The president at 48% means he loses:cool:

No it doesn't

He only needs more electoral votes than Romney

Good luck getting that, when you can even crack 50% in a National Poll.

And good luck with a second term if he loses the popular Vote, but squeaks out an EC win. he will basically be a lame duck president, with no mandate at all.

mascale

Gold Member
Reaction score
From the article already linked, there is this link.

Latest Swing State Polls

Anyone has to remember that there were Saturday Night Live Skits, even from New York City. . .maybe trying to proove something about New York City(?)!

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Maybe New Jersey Governor mostly recalling the he represents the Party of Abraham Lincoln, Of the Freeing of the The Slaves(?). . .speaking politically correctly(?)!)

Meathead

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Obama is going to lose whether he wins or not. He would be the first president since Woodrow Wilson to get less of the vote running as an incumbent than he got when first elected. Wilson's second term was a disaster. Obama will have to start a second term without a mandate and America will be looking into an abyss for the next four years.

This, of course, assumes that Obama will win. I pray that he doesn't although I think there is a 60% chance he will.

skookerasbil

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Obama is going to lose whether he wins or not. He would be the first president since Woodrow Wilson to get less of the vote running as an incumbent than he got when first elected. Wilson's second term was a disaster. Obama will have to start a second term without a mandate and America will be looking into an abyss for the next four years.

This, of course, assumes that Obama will win. I pray that he doesn't although I think there is a 60% chance he will.

Dude......like 25 people showed up to see Springsteen today. Dem voter numbers wont be near 2008 and independents are huge for Romney ( go over to CNN).

Go out and break the windows on the garage doors tonight s0ns. Make sure the medicine cabinet is devoid of dangerous stuff too, pharmachological or otherwise.:coffee:

Meathead

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Dude......like 25 people showed up to see Springsteen today. Dem voter numbers wont be near 2008 and independents are huge for Romney ( go over to CNN).

Go out and break the windows on the garage doors tonight s0ns. Make sure the medicine cabinet is devoid of dangerous stuff too, pharmachological or otherwise.:coffee:
I don't think you understood my post...dude.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$201.00
Goal
$350.00

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List