No One in America Should Have to Wait 7 Hours to Vote By Andrew Cohen

emptystep

VIP Member
Jul 17, 2012
I realize that voting is more important than going to the store but is there any business in America that would survive a day with a seven hour wait? This is a disgrace.

There should be ways to speed up the voting process even for this election. Sample ballots could be passed out for people in line to get familiar with. If the bottleneck is the voting booth and paper ballot are used tables could be set out for anyone who does not mind voting without a curtain. We can bring disaster relief to the victims of Sandy but we can not figure out how to fix the voting problem in this country, for shame.

No One in America Should Have to Wait 7 Hours to Vote - Andrew Cohen - The Atlantic

No matter who wins the presidential race, no matter which party controls Congress, can we at least agree as reasonable adults that when it comes to voting itself the election of 2012 is a national disgrace? We ask our sons and daughters, our husbands and wives, to give their lives abroad for noble concepts like "freedom" and "democracy." And yet we are content as a nation, and as a people, to tolerate another cycle of election rules that require our fellow citizens to sacrifice a measure of basic human dignity simply to exercise their right to vote.

What one of these news agencies should do is take a camera and show the long lines to vote and then go over to a nice, white, rich neighborhood and show the voting lines. This country has become the land of the have and have nots.

Yes, send this to the troops serving overseas and let them know the terrible hardships people have to endure here.

Yes, send this to the troops serving overseas and let them know the terrible hardships people have to endure here.

Some of the people in those lines are the troops.

One of them said, "I don't mind fighting for my country's freedom overseas, I do mind fighting for my right to vote here."

Ironic, no?

I realize that voting is more important than going to the store but is there any business in America that would survive a day with a seven hour wait? This is a disgrace.

There should be ways to speed up the voting process even for this election. Sample ballots could be passed out for people in line to get familiar with. If the bottleneck is the voting booth and paper ballot are used tables could be set out for anyone who does not mind voting without a curtain. We can bring disaster relief to the victims of Sandy but we can not figure out how to fix the voting problem in this country, for shame.

No One in America Should Have to Wait 7 Hours to Vote - Andrew Cohen - The Atlantic

No matter who wins the presidential race, no matter which party controls Congress, can we at least agree as reasonable adults that when it comes to voting itself the election of 2012 is a national disgrace? We ask our sons and daughters, our husbands and wives, to give their lives abroad for noble concepts like "freedom" and "democracy." And yet we are content as a nation, and as a people, to tolerate another cycle of election rules that require our fellow citizens to sacrifice a measure of basic human dignity simply to exercise their right to vote.

They could always go on voting Tuesday, I am sure a lot more polls will be open.

When I served one of the rights I was defending was the right for a citizen to be able to vote for their president. These conditions mock my service.

Last edited:
What one of these news agencies should do is take a camera and show the long lines to vote and then go over to a nice, white, rich neighborhood and show the voting lines. This country has become the land of the have and have nots.

Maybe you should have taken your education more seriously so you could be one too... Now all you have got is to bitch about other people's success when you should have taken more responsibility for yourself. Boo fucking hoo. :lol:

Maybe you should have taken your education more seriously so you could be one too... Now all you have got is to bitch about other people's success when you should have taken more responsibility for yourself. Boo fucking hoo. :lol:

Fuck off.

Fuck off.

The truth stings doesn't it? :lol:

Tufts University - The New York Times
http://www.cs.tufts.edu/

Last edited:

Computer Science Degree Programs - Bachelors, Masters and PH.D. - School of Engineering - Tufts University

I'm not wasting my time on your link... You already excused yourself from a rational response.

Computer Science Degree Programs - Bachelors, Masters and PH.D. - School of Engineering - Tufts University

I'm not wasting my time on your link... You already excused yourself from a rational response.

School Snapshot

Name: Tufts University
Type: 4-year, Private not-for-profit
Year Opened: 1852
Tuition and Fees (Fall 2009): $40,342
Total enrollment (Fall 2007): 9,758
Undergraduate enrollment: 5,035
Number of applicants (Fall 2008): 15,565
Percent applicants admitted: 25%
Graduation rate: 89%
U.S. News and World Report Ranking: 28 (It was ranked 25 when I was there.)
Sports Team Nickname: Jumbos
School Web site: Tufts.edu

New Topics

Forum List

Back