Romney likes to fire people

My GF said to me, "I thought Mormons weren't supposed to lie?"

Bless her.

rulings%2Ftom-pantsonfire.gif
Mitt Romney ad charges Obama said, 'If we keep talking about the economy, we’re going to lose'

I wonder if Lakhota has researched Obama in such detail....

I suspect it highly unlikely...:lol:

I actually don't believe he could...

Romney looted American companies and sent their jobs overseas.

He does like to fire people.

22% of the companies he invested in went bankrupt.

So... 78% were a success?

And you call that a bad number. What a logical back flip...

This was during the 1990's, where screwing up a company was kind of like messing up mashed potatoes...

Apparently you have zero clue what it means to run a business.

So... 78% were a success?

And you call that a bad number. What a logical back flip...

This was during the 1990's, where screwing up a company was kind of like messing up mashed potatoes...

Apparently you have zero clue what it means to run a business.

People were making up multi-billion dollar companies out of thin air in the 1990's. it was called the "Dot.com" bubble.

So Romney running 22% of the businesses that Bain bought into the ground is actually kind of pathetic, really

But here are some of the greatest hits...

Dade International Medical Diagnostics. - The company began shedding 1,700 jobs under Bain, and filed for bankruptcy in 2002. The company emerged from bankruptcy later that year.

GS Industries- The company shed jobs during the late 1990s, capped by the layoff of 750 employees during the company's 2001 bankruptcy. Bain received dividends and fees and profited on the deal. By one account, Bain doubled its initial investment, even after bankruptcy. The government had to bail out their pension fund for 44 million dollars.

DDi- The company began shedding 2,000 jobs under Bain's ownership. It declared bankruptcy in 2003. It has reorganized and has about 1,600 workers.

AmPad- Laid off 200 people in Marion Indiana and 300 in Buffalo NY, leaving the company with 400 million in debt while Bain made millions. Eventually declared bankruptcy.

Dont like it? Work somewhere else or start your own business.
But don't whine. That's just stupid.

Or we can change the laws and stop putting up with it.

Which is what they did when they formed unions and changed the laws to start with.

And we see how that turned out.
Railroads: Bankrupt
Auto companies: Bankrupt
Steel Industry: Bankrupt

Every sector that saw high unionization has seen high rates of business failure.
No, the only laws that need changing are those that inhibit the ability conduct transactions.

Dont like it? Work somewhere else or start your own business.
But don't whine. That's just stupid.

Or we can change the laws and stop putting up with it.

Which is what they did when they formed unions and changed the laws to start with.

And we see how that turned out.
Railroads: Bankrupt
Auto companies: Bankrupt
Steel Industry: Bankrupt

Every sector that saw high unionization has seen high rates of business failure.
No, the only laws that need changing are those that inhibit the ability conduct transactions.

Railroads are hardly bankrupt... More to the point, the situation there is simply it's easier to move things by plane (unionized workers) or truck (unionized workers) than it is by train.

Auto companies are bankrupt due to the mismanagement of geniuses like Romney. Guys who paid themselves 8 figure salaries while pumping out big gas guzzlers no one could afford to fuel.

And who beat them? German and Japanese automakers, which are more heavily unionized. IN Japan, the unions even have a say in who the CEO is going to be.

Ah, yes, the Steel Industry. Not because corporate raiders like Romney looted places like GS, but because of those nasty union workers actually demanding decent pay to do a dangerous job..

When I used to go out and campaign for Republicans, you know what I heard.

"Republicans are just for the rich."

Why the GOP keeps losing elections, even when the Democrats nominate twits.

You're right: working people get their insurance through work. If they get any at all.

Millions of Americans have a health plan which is: I hope I don't get sick. Not much of a choice.

Democrats have a plan. Republicans don't.

The Republicans' plan is "No".

Millions of Americans decide to take the risk of not having health insurance. That is their right as free people. We also have the right to say 'tough shit' if they get sick and find themselves having to pay for it themselves.

It would be great if you could stop lying about the Republicans and the 'no' thing. Partisan hackery is not rational.

Really. They're exercising their right to choice? Sort of like they're exercising their right to see a doctor or pay the rent?

Yes, they are. And sure, some of those millions are choosing rent over health. And I see that as an issue that needs to be addressed. What I don't see is how this current clusterfuck of a bill is genuinely going to solve the problem LONG TERM. But, there are also millions who can afford to live and pay for healthcare but choose not to. That is their choice and I support their right to choice to be stupid.

The problem I have with the left wing argument is that, yet again, you want to force everyone to live to your rules. I don't accept your right to tell me how to live. I have the right to make my own choices.

Forum List

Back