Rogers and Coats say WaPo is lying, Trump never asked Coats to intervene

in this case, yes. Cause they are correct
“In the three-plus years that I have been director of the national security agency, I have never been directed to do anything I believe to be illegal, immoral, unethical or inappropriate and to the best of my recollection during that same period of service I do not recall ever feeling pressured to do so,” NSA Director Mike Rogers told the Senate Intelligence Committee.

Dan Coats, who oversees the nation’s intelligence apparatus, echoed those comments. “I have never felt pressured to interfere or intervene in shaping intelligence in any way,” he said.

These is not answering the question, they skipped around the question..
"in any way" doesn't do it for ya :dunno:

Sorry Harley I heard the questions/ answers today , and they would not answer the questions , only skipped around them..

Here this is McCain , one of the last comments a very fair comment

Analysis | Trump’s intelligence officials did not exactly deny that Trump asked them to weigh in on Russia
lol ok

The congress was not ok with their answers, so we shouldn't be either.. like I said before it was upsetting to see them skate around the questions , and not answer the questions..

Sorry Harley I heard the questions/ answers today , and they would not answer the questions , only skipped around them..
so you are saying that quote is a lie? He didn't say that?

The carefully-worded denials appeared aimed at drawing a distinction between being asked by Trump to influence an ongoing investigation, and feeling pressured to do so.

"I have never felt pressure to intervene in any way in shaping intelligence or in an ongoing investigation," Coats told the Senate Intelligence Committee.
yes, the guys that you thought were going to hang his head are actually on his side. Trump is a genius :lol:

"In the three-plus years that I have been director of the National Security Agency, I have never been directed to do anything I believe to be illegal, immoral, unethical or inappropriate and to the best of my recollection during that same period of service I do not recall ever feeling pressured to do so," Rogers said.

Still, their silence on the question of whether Trump asked them to interfere with the FBI was an ominous sign for a White House that’s become consumed and imperiled by the Russia probe.

“I'm not prepared to answer your question today,” Coats said when pressed by Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) whether he had ever “been asked by the president or the White House to influence an ongoing investigation.”

Rogers also refused to comment. “I’m not going to discuss the specifics of discussions with the president of the United States,” he said.

Senators pointed out how simple it would have been for Coats and Rogers to deny the substance of the news reports suggesting Trump asked them to downplay or interfere in the FBI’s probe. Instead, both men said they’d tell lawmakers as much as possible behind closed doors, and were still waiting for an indication from the White House about whether the president might invoke executive privilege.

Analysis | Trump’s intelligence officials did not exactly deny that Trump asked them to weigh in on Russia
lol ok

The congress was not ok with their answers, so we should be either.. like I said before it was upsetting to see them skate around the questions , and not answer the questions.. They

The carefully-worded denials appeared aimed at drawing a distinction between being asked by Trump to influence an ongoing investigation, and feeling pressured to do so.

"I have never felt pressure to intervene in any way in shaping intelligence or in an ongoing investigation," Coats told the Senate Intelligence Committee.
yes, the guys that you thought were going to hang his head are actually on his side. Trump is a genius :lol:

"In the three-plus years that I have been director of the National Security Agency, I have never been directed to do anything I believe to be illegal, immoral, unethical or inappropriate and to the best of my recollection during that same period of service I do not recall ever feeling pressured to do so," Rogers said.

Still, their silence on the question of whether Trump asked them to interfere with the FBI was an ominous sign for a White House that’s become consumed and imperiled by the Russia probe.

“I'm not prepared to answer your question today,” Coats said when pressed by Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) whether he had ever “been asked by the president or the White House to influence an ongoing investigation.”

Rogers also refused to comment. “I’m not going to discuss the specifics of discussions with the president of the United States,” he said.

Senators pointed out how simple it would have been for Coats and Rogers to deny the substance of the news reports suggesting Trump asked them to downplay or interfere in the FBI’s probe. Instead, both men said they’d tell lawmakers as much as possible behind closed doors, and were still waiting for an indication from the White House about whether the president might invoke executive privilege.
So, they wouldn't speak directly about trump but answered with a general statement that included everyone and everything? That's the problem?

lol ok

The congress was not ok with their answers, so we should be either.. like I said before it was upsetting to see them skate around the questions , and not answer the questions.. They

So, they wouldn't speak directly about trump but answered with a general statement that included everyone and everything? That's the problem?

Did you watch that McCain video..that will explain exactly what I am talking about..here the other one had a ad blocker

Here is one

lol ok

Did you watch that McCain video..that will explain exactly what I am talking about..here the other one had a ad blocker

Here is one

he stated repeatedly you cant believe the WP. McCain asked AGAIN and he laughed. That was funny. Thanks for posting.

Here is one

he stated repeatedly you cant believe the WP. McCain asked AGAIN and he laughed. That was funny. Thanks for posting.

Hello...here you go...scroll down and hear exactly what was said..

US intel chiefs 'never felt pressured to intervene' with Russia probe

Their problem will be that they can't duck the FBI unless Trump invokes Exec Privilidge. And even then if there's a legit question that Trump obstructed justice in obstructing an investigation, it's gonna be tough for them to wiggle out.

Here is one

You are arguing with a person who would be fine if Trump ordered a reporter killed.

Here is one

You are arguing with a person who would be fine if Trump ordered a reporter killed.

You mean like Obama and the Clintons did?

-Geaux

Here is one

I like Harley , but it seems that I am getting no where..He seems to be stuck on how they answered it..lol

Here is one

Snowflakes are totally shameless. There is no charge so scurrilous and despicable that they won't spout it with total abandon.

Here is one

Yes, because I never bash trump for being a dumbfuck. I don't have 20 threads on it. Ignorant dumbfuck

Here is one

You mean like Obama and the Clintons did?

-Geaux

You are possible insane and a birther

Here is one

I like Harley , but it seems that I am getting no where..He seems to be stuck on how they answered it..lol

you aren't lol. I just don't see a problem with what they did.

Here is one

Yes, because I never bash trump for being a dumbfuck. I don't have 20 threads on it. Ignorant dumbfuck

Ah, you only bash him is he's a statist. But if he sold out to Russia you'd blow him, fuktard

Here is one

Ah, you only bash him is he's a statist. But if he sold out to Russia you'd blow him, fuktard

what? Makes sense, you fucking idiot.
"if he sold out to Venezuela youd blow him" :badgrin:

Wapo and CNN are looking sad with this garbage
But HOT AIR looks good???
It's understandable because all u have is hot air.

The National Enquirer has more integrity than CNN and the Washington Compost.

Well the Enquirer did get that Edwards thing right.
And they got the Monika Lewinski thing right.
wa post is 0 for the last 13 months.

I didn't expect them to answer, btw. Their ducking the question about whether Trump asked them to sway the Russia probe shows to any thinking person that Trump did just that, but we already knew that. What was interesting to me was Coats saying he didn't know if he had a legal basis to not answer. I suppose the Senate could subpoena him and hold him in contempt if he refused, but I don't think that's going to happen. The FBI is doing the criminal investigation, and they can't duck that. The Senate is in theory investigating the Russian interference in the election.

Forum List

Back