Roe overturned

The "reason" per the present meaning, being different from the espoused legal arguments of the court.

The only reason ANY challenge came up that would ultimately gain certiorari was due to non-stop religiously-backed activities. The Religious Right pushed this overturning in a 50 years long fight. They were obvious. They elected people who confirmed their faith. Those people appointed justices with track records approved of by similarly religiously backed resources.
Abortion is not a religious issue. Abortion is a human issue. Your external locus of control is showing.

Maybe it will affect women to be more careful and wait until the right guy comes along. Maybe women will stop putting their careers in front of their rights as mothers. Maybe women will stop blaming men for everything wrong with them and lock their knees together.
which they should be doing anyway bc men are unworthy (certainly any man who pressures a woman into sex w/o marriage is unworthy)

Maybe, but keep in mind that those on this forum calling for the end of same sex marriage using the same logic of this care are not outliers, they are the heart of the GOP. They will not wait till the mid-terms to start the push
There is good cause to overturn gay marriage. No surprise in that.

Just means two things, people are gonna have to think with their brains and not with their sex organs in future, and the second thing is, those who can't engage brain will need to drive to a state that allows abortions and fork out a pretty penny for the fuel.

Maybe those living in states where abortion gets banned, might have to start being responsible and stop using abortion as a contraceptive.
Or move to a state more to their liking.

WTF? Barefoot and Pregnant huh?

So women are solely responsible?

Jesus

What century do you live in?
21st Century. What century do you live in? Oh...20th century where it became convenient to portray men as bumbling, weak and mean people. You've women have come a long way baby!!! You are now becoming equal in gang violence and bullying.
Yep, men can't get pregnant. That's a woman's place in the relationship. Co-creators with God. 20% of them are failing. And, woman are more responsible as they control the sex. It's for sure not the baby's fault or responsibility.

which they should be doing anyway bc men are unworthy (certainly any man who pressures a woman into sex w/o marriage is unworthy)
See, you think men are unworthy for any reason. The war on men is real by women. And, a man should make a woman be an honest woman by marrying her.

I believe they said something to the effect of "Roe is the law of the land", which is true.

But are you not a libertarian? How is a federalist decision like this not one you support?
The interesting thing is that now it turns out that Roe was never the law of the land. An unconstitutional law cannot be the law of the land as explicitly stated in the Supremacy Clause of the Constitution and in American Jurisprudence.

I wish that I could be more excited. Frankly, I'm pissed, frustrated, and disturbed that the Court in Roe had a better line on their concerns for when personhood begins than this SCOTUS has shown.

I thought I read here that you support abortion in some cases such as rape and incest. Am I wrong? Do you support life in every case, and abortion never except emergency cases of life of the mother?

Forum List

Back