Rocket Stove

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
This past Summer I spent more time than I should have going down various rocket stove rabbit holes and found that it really made little difference in designs just more of what suits your needs. It seems that the main thing was sturdy welded construction and a good ash grate.

I ended-up buying one made in NC ( rocket stove camping Stove | eBay ) because folks that bought them seemed to like them. I just wanted something sturdy for the patio and down on my river property.

They are a good alternative to a in-ground fire pit or one of the larger free-standing units and provides a cooking surface along some ambience without the mess......We have roasted many a hot dog and fried up fish on it thus far.

s-l1600.jpg

This past Summer I spent more time than I should have going down various rocket stove rabbit holes and found that it really made little difference in designs just more of what suits your needs. It seems that the main thing was sturdy welded construction and a good ash grate.

I ended-up buying one made in NC ( rocket stove camping Stove | eBay ) because folks that bought them seemed to like them. I just wanted something sturdy for the patio and down on my river property.

They are a good alternative to a in-ground fire pit or one of the larger free-standing units and provides a cooking surface along some ambience without the mess......We have roasted many a hot dog and fried up fish on it thus far.

s-l1600.jpg
the easiest simple one I made was from stacking fire bricks into a suitable shape,,
it gives a sturdy base for my 15" cast iron skillet and can be taken apart and moved at will,,

I have an old propane tank I plan to make a shop heater out of and hopefully can incorporate a boiler system into it for my under floor shop heat,,

the easiest simple one I made was from stacking fire bricks into a suitable shape,,
it gives a sturdy base for my 15" cast iron skillet and can be taken apart and moved at will,,

I have an old propane tank I plan to make a shop heater out of and hopefully can incorporate a boiler system into it for my under floor shop heat,,

I have one like that on my river property but I wanted something I could easily tote down to the river's edge to fry-up fish on the spot. ;)

s-l1600.jpg

1638819820971.png

s-l1600.jpg

My friend has one.

It tried to crispy my face.

I use kerosene heaters in the garage to take the edge off the cold. Probably could fry up some fish on the top, but I've never tried it.

stove1.jpg

stove2.jpg

Forum List

Back