Rochester, New York, another democrat party controlled city erupts in violence and death, when will people stopping giving them power.

The tearing down of the statue to Frederick Douglass in Rochester recently was undoubtedly the work of white racists. It wouldn’t be the first time the statue was vandalized — ignorant white students were caught, confessed and apologized for doing so in the past.

Crime in Rochester is serious, but this historic city also has a high-tech economy and fine educational and cultural institutions. Today it’s around 40% African American, with large and vibrant immigrant communities as well. I lived in “snow belt” Rochester for some time many years ago and found it a great little city. It is on the old Erie Canal / Great Lakes, had an early railroad, and was the country’s earliest agriculture trans-shipment “boom town.” But times change.

When old Frederick Douglass published his abolitionist newspaper, the North Star in Rochester in the 1840s and 1850s it was already a major, if dangerous, stop on the Underground Railroad. I’m familiar with Douglass’s life and writings. Here is a recent OP I did on one of his famous post-Civil War speeches: https://www.usmessageboard.com/search/115477/?q=Frederick+Douglass&c[title_only]=1&c[users]=Tom+Paine+1949&o=relevance

A great book I’ve been reading recently deals with Douglass and with upstate New York abolitionism. It is actually a serious history of Douglass’ friend, the famous Harriet Tubman, who as a young woman was enslaved on an “Old Dutch” plantation further south near the Hudson River Valley. I highly recommend it for those who want to get a deep perspective on the remarkable Northern & Western abolitionist movements, the religious and agricultural life in those times, and on all the changes of that period. It is called Sojourner Truth’s America. Just as much of the “Second Great Awakening” religious revival movement centered in the “Burnt Over” N.Y. region, so too did Abolitionism and early struggles for Women's Rights.

Rochester has a rich history which makes sadly poignant the recent destruction of Douglass’ statue, and the senseless shootings during the July 4th weekend.

The people tearing down statues are not "white racists." They are black lives matter and antifa.......terrorizing democrat party cities where they have free reign to burn, loot and kill.........in order to hurt Trump during an election year...that is how far the democrats will go to win....dead Black children are no matter to them.

The tearing down of the statue to Frederick Douglass in Rochester recently was undoubtedly the work of white racists. It wouldn’t be the first time the statue was vandalized — ignorant white students were caught, confessed and apologized for doing so in the past.

Crime in Rochester is serious, but this historic city also has a high-tech economy and fine educational and cultural institutions. Today it’s around 40% African American, with large and vibrant immigrant communities as well. I lived in “snow belt” Rochester for some time many years ago and found it a great little city. It is on the old Erie Canal / Great Lakes, had an early railroad, and was the country’s earliest agriculture trans-shipment “boom town.” But times change.

When old Frederick Douglass published his abolitionist newspaper, the North Star in Rochester in the 1840s and 1850s it was already a major, if dangerous, stop on the Underground Railroad. I’m familiar with Douglass’s life and writings. Here is a recent OP I did on one of his famous post-Civil War speeches: https://www.usmessageboard.com/search/115477/?q=Frederick+Douglass&c[title_only]=1&c[users]=Tom+Paine+1949&o=relevance

A great book I’ve been reading recently deals with Douglass and with upstate New York abolitionism. It is actually a serious history of Douglass’ friend, the famous Harriet Tubman, who as a young woman was enslaved on an “Old Dutch” plantation further south near the Hudson River Valley. I highly recommend it for those who want to get a deep perspective on the remarkable Northern & Western abolitionist movements, the religious and agricultural life in those times, and on all the changes of that period. It is called Sojourner Truth’s America. Just as much of the “Second Great Awakening” religious revival movement centered in the “Burnt Over” N.Y. region, so too did Abolitionism and early struggles for Women's Rights.

Rochester has a rich history which makes sadly poignant the recent destruction of Douglass’ statue, and the senseless shootings during the July 4th weekend.

The people tearing down statues are not "white racists." They are black lives matter and antifa.......terrorizing democrat party cities where they have free reign to burn, loot and kill.........in order to hurt Trump during an election year...that is how far the democrats will go to win....dead Black children are no matter to them.

Who took down the Douglass statue?

Culprits are still unknown. The statue was not merely taken down in the middle of the night. It was thrown in the Genesse River gorge.

Trump's Amerika

I know you are a stupid human being........

Let me repeat...

Rochester, New York....under complete democrat party control since 1962.......complete control...
So what?

Violent crime rises in the summer, with the heat. Nothing political about that, especially when you factor in the stresses our country has been under.

Black lives matter and antifa..........they work for the democrats and they are really, really stupid...... They burnt down a statue of an elk, you doofus.......

Black lives matter and antifa..........they work for the democrats and they are really, really stupid...... They burnt down a statue of an elk, you doofus.......

Please provide evidence of that claim.

Trump's Amerika

Let me repeat...

Rochester, New York....under complete democrat party control since 1962.......complete control...
So what?

Violent crime rises in the summer, with the heat. Nothing political about that, especially when you factor in the stresses our country has been under.

No...moron.....this is more than the democrat controlled cities having more violence in the summer.......the democrat party has openly attacked the police and wants to disband them........the police are responding by just not policing aggressively, only responding to 911 calls...or not at all.........that allows the gang members to move freely with their illegal guns and shoot each other....

this is on the democrat party and their policies of evil....

1) releasing violent, repeat offenders over and over again...it is these violent criminals doing the crime and shootings........

2) attacking the police telling them to stand down in the face of democrat party terrorists who burn, loot and kill........and calling them racists when that is a lie.......so now the police, to protect themselves, and their families stand down....

4 weeks of black lives matter and antifa burning, looting and killing ,and pulling down statues....your attempt to cover for the democrat party terrorists, black lives matter and antifa, by trying to blame it on the 6 white supremacists in the country will only be believed by dumb ass morons who keep voting for the democrat party.

4 weeks of black lives matter and antifa burning, looting and killing ,and pulling down statues....your attempt to cover for the democrat party terrorists, black lives matter and antifa, by trying to blame it on the 6 white supremacists in the country will only be believed by dumb ass morons who keep voting for the democrat party.

You can’t? I’m shocked.

Rochester, New York, another democrat party controlled city erupts in violence and death, when will people stopping giving them power

I find it curiously entertaining that all of the leftist bastions of democratic power are all imploding into shitholes caused by their own dissatisfied people right before an election, yet the left still keep telling theselves they are going to easily sweep Trump! :laugh2:

They know they can get away with it....

The democrat party owns the press...that is why you only here about new Covid cases......instead of the fact that deaths and hospitalizations are going down, not up...and that New York, New Jersey and Connecticut are the worst states for deaths...but the democrat party press calls out Florida and Texas...to get them to shut down again to crush the U.S. economy.

They also know that the democrat press will blame Trump for the democrat party cities that have been burned, looted and seen murders and violence.....from the democrat party antifa and black lives matter brown shirts.

:CryingCow: Cry some more.
Cry over WHAT, dummass? 98% of the people dying in these protests are libtards! 98% of the cities being torn apart are Democrat-run! And 90% of the people dying of Covid are in Democratic shitholes!

And nearly 100% of the people totally fed up with all of it are going to vote for Donald Trump.

If the elections are honest in Rochester, then apparently the voters in that city elect Dem politicians because they think that they will benefit more than with Republican politicians.

Look at Baltimore. The voters consistently elect Dems, and look at the dismal situation in that city.

There's nothing that can be done with voters who cannot comprehend what is best for them.
Buffalo's in the same sorry shape because of 15 years of Steve Urkel Byron Brown, who incidentally, was NEVER BORN HERE!!! and before him tony Milquetoaste Masiello. Buffalo had not had a Republican mayor since Chester Kowal and that was in the early 60s! The last decent mayor was Jimmy Griffin.

Rochester, New York, another democrat party controlled city erupts in violence and death, when will people stopping giving them power

I find it curiously entertaining that all of the leftist bastions of democratic power are all imploding into shitholes caused by their own dissatisfied people right before an election, yet the left still keep telling theselves they are going to easily sweep Trump! :laugh2:

They know they can get away with it....

The democrat party owns the press...that is why you only here about new Covid cases......instead of the fact that deaths and hospitalizations are going down, not up...and that New York, New Jersey and Connecticut are the worst states for deaths...but the democrat party press calls out Florida and Texas...to get them to shut down again to crush the U.S. economy.

They also know that the democrat press will blame Trump for the democrat party cities that have been burned, looted and seen murders and violence.....from the democrat party antifa and black lives matter brown shirts.

:CryingCow: Cry some more.
Cry over WHAT, dummass? 98% of the people dying in these protests are libtards! 98% of the cities being torn apart are Democrat-run! And 90% of the people dying of Covid are in Democratic shitholes!

And nearly 100% of the people totally fed up with all of it are going to vote for Donald Trump.

Cult45's Playbook for online behavior

#6: Contain
Your job is to prevent the presentation and spread of Liberal viewpoints.
Do anything you must do to prevent a Liberal poster from presenting a well-reasoned argument or starting a civil discussion.
Don't allow a Liberal to present their dogma unchallenged EVER.

Do anything you must do to prevent a Liberal poster from presenting a well-reasoned argument or starting a civil discussion.

Hey Stinkweed, I have no power to prevent you from presenting anything, you shitstain. I'm all ears. How is all of this censorship of the Left happening when the Left controls Google, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo, CNN, MSNBC and on and on? I might fall over backwards if one of you idiots ever presented a single reasonable POV that actually had a valid POINT.

If the elections are honest in Rochester, then apparently the voters in that city elect Dem politicians because they think that they will benefit more than with Republican politicians.

Look at Baltimore. The voters consistently elect Dems, and look at the dismal situation in that city.

There's nothing that can be done with voters who cannot comprehend what is best for them.
Buffalo's in the same sorry shape because of 15 years of Steve Urkel Byron Brown, who incidentally, was NEVER BORN HERE!!! and before him tony Milquetoaste Masiello. Buffalo had not had a Republican mayor since Chester Kowal and that was in the early 60s! The last decent mayor was Jimmy Griffin.
I don't claim to know much about the politicians of Buffalo but I do know the troubles of Buffalo go deeper than politicians ... of whatever party. The de-industrialization of cities like Buffalo, the closing of its steel mills and their transfer overseas, along with suburbanization, led more than half its 1960s population to leave, and today its average income is lower than Detroit. No local politician or political machine could have prevented all this. The rust belt problems Buffalo has are not so bad as when its population was even poorer and twice as large during the Depression, but then there were New Deal programs and eventually WWII production to save the city and rebuild its industry on a new basis. Gradually a new Buffalo may yet emerge. But all rust belt cities have inherited problems, just as do the many poor rural areas of New York and the nation, where predominantly Republican politicians often are just as corrupt and unresponsive to the needs of their working class and poor people.

Hey Stinkweed, I have no power to prevent you from presenting anything, you shitstain. I'm all ears. How is all of this censorship of the Left happening when the Left controls Google, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo, CNN, MSNBC and on and on? I might fall over backwards if one of you idiots ever presented a single reasonable POV that actually had a valid POINT.

All that tells me is that you extremist politico winger morons don't possess the talent nor capacity to build these the private industry social media platforms on your own. So you squeal about your '1st amendment rights being infringed upon.' On a private network. After you agreed to their Terms of Service to sign up to use said platform.

I hate your willful stupidity, and applaud your suffering because of an issue you should have had the grey matter to solve yourselves.
Go soak your head, Moron, you need help.

Trump's Amerika

Let me repeat...

Yeah, doing fine for decades; then a President is elected who thrives on making us all want to kill each other. Trump's Amerika.

1. Have your side go into a frothing madness because your "enemy" was elected
2. Blame said man for your frothing madness, even though it doesn't matter what he actually does, you will go mad no matter what
3. ??????
4. It's all Trumps fault.

You can’t? I’m shocked.
When are you going to prove it was white supremacists?

You can’t? I’m shocked.

I have not said that it was white supremacists. Why should I prove that?

You can’t? I’m shocked.

I have not said that it was white supremacists. Why should I prove that?
You are implying it, so now prove it.

Forum List

Back