Robert Reich: Elon Musk’s vision for the internet is dangerous nonsense

“Musk has long advocated a libertarian vision of an ‘uncontrolled’ internet. That’s also the dream of every dictator, strongman and demagogue.”

Okey Dokey…
Well someone has read Orwell’s 1984 and is using it as a manual, because we all know what tyrannical regimes like the USSR, ChiComs, North Koreans etc are all famous for - it’s the sweet, unfettered, free flow of information.

Robert “Third” Reich has never meet an act of tyranny or an abuse of government power that it didn't like.

This is a creature that ought to be considered to have used up its fifteen minutes of fame a very long time ago, after which all of us ought to have been spared from ever having to hear of or from it ever again.

“Musk has long advocated a libertarian vision of an ‘uncontrolled’ internet. That’s also the dream of every dictator, strongman and demagogue.”

Okey Dokey…
Well someone has read Orwell’s 1984 and is using it as a manual, because we all know what tyrannical regimes like the USSR, ChiComs, North Koreans etc are all famous for - it’s the sweet, unfettered, free flow of information.
The dream of creators of the Internet that it would bring democracy throughout the world was of course nonsense. Anti-democratic governments handled the Internet by censoring and control just as they did with other types of media. However, in democratic countries such in Europe and the Americas and some parts of Asia, people were able to exercise freedom of speech as they had never had before. Since there were no controls on how far that freedom of speech stretched, slander, libel, disclosure of government classified information, excitement to riot, violations of copywrites laws, fraud, sex trafficking, and activities designed to lure children into illegal sexual activity became so common the government was forced to take action as did private businesses.

In short, the freedom of speech we have today due to the Internet is far, far greater than we had previously. No matter what type of media is used for mass communications, there must be some controls.

If Putin or Xi Jinping were making this same speech, folks would be patently offended.

This is insanity.

PM Jacinda Ardern calls internet freedom a “weapon of war” in most recent UN speech.​

Musk has long advocated a libertarian vision of an ‘uncontrolled’ internet. That’s also the dream of every dictator, strongman and demagogue.”
I hope libs are smart enough to see how stupid that statement is

Either Robert Reich is a fool or he thinks the rest of us are

I think even the most clueless Tweeners must admit that dictators hate free speech

Tell me I’m wrong if you can

Elon Musk texted before Twitter deal that 'drastic' action was needed to tackle bots​

Fri, September 30, 2022 at 1:50 PM·5 min read

I hope libs are smart enough to see how stupid that statement is

Either Robert Reich is a fool or he thinks the test of us are

I think even the most clueless Tweeners must admit that dictators ashore free speech

Tell me I’m wrong if you can
I think if you read the thread through, you will understand it was sarcasm.

Okey Dokey…

Yeah......he is an example of a leftist "intellectual," with intelligence that is not backed up by wisdom.....intelligence without wisdom makes leftists useless, or extremely dangerous......he is of the useless mold, and he gives support to the dangerous and evil leftists........

Freedom is Slavery....Slavery is Freedom.....just ask Robert Reich

Okey Dokey…
George Orwell and his dystopian future is flourishing in America.

Forum List

Back