Robert Kagan: Trump will run in 2024 and send America to 'its greatest constitutional crisis since the Civil War'

We can allow the dumbest among us to run the country - which is around 35% of Americans. It's hard to believe that around 78% of Republicans don't believe Biden is the legitimate president.

He isn't, a legitimate president can decide for themselves if they will take questions from reporters. xiden just does what he's told.

Washington Post columnist Robert Kagan on Thursday delivered a stark warning about the future of the American republic, which he said was going to come under great strain thanks in large part to the actions of former President Donald Trump.

Kagan starts off by dispelling the notion that Trump will not run for president in 2024.

"Donald Trump will be the Republican candidate for president in 2024," he writes. "The hope and expectation that he would fade in visibility and influence have been delusional. He enjoys mammoth leads in the polls; he is building a massive campaign war chest; and at this moment the Democratic ticket looks vulnerable. Barring health problems, he is running."

Kagan goes on to warn that Trump and his allies are "preparing for victory by any means necessary," through "an organized nationwide campaign to ensure that Trump and his supporters will have the control over state and local election officials that they lacked in 2020."

Kagan then warns Americans that they should not be certain that the constitutional order will again hold if it comes under assault for a second time in three years.

"All that prevented it was a handful of state officials with notable courage and integrity, and the reluctance of two attorneys general and a vice president to obey orders they deemed inappropriate," he writes. "These were not the checks and balances the Framers had in mind when they designed the Constitution, of course, but Trump has exposed the inadequacy of those protections."

Read the whole essay here.

This essay is alarming and should concern us all - regardless of political ideology. There is much more to this essay on the The Washington Post website. I totally agree with Robert Kagan's warnings.
The ESSAY should what? Who cares about another mentally ill lib writing another BS story for the lib propaganda media.

Last edited:
Trump should be taken out of the contest anyhow and at any price.
He is a raving lunatic and the display at the capitol was proof his supporters are also.
He is the greatest threat to the country ever and if he wins again, it is the ignorant brain dead republicans with their thrust for power only, can be held totally responsible.

Wow, that's an impressive pile of projection there bro. LMAO

I think my first comment on Trump was I really liked the way he could put the commiecrats in a high state of pisstivity.

Yeah, he could yank a liberals chain, like nobody else. His hi jinks made the evening news worth watching.

Yeah, he could yank a liberals chain, like nobody else. His hi jinks made the evening news worth watching.

And every bit was planned. The commiecrats and media ate it up, hook, line and sinker. Their ability to prove they were nothing but gullible asshats was impressive.

Washington Post columnist Robert Kagan on Thursday delivered a stark warning about the future of the American republic, which he said was going to come under great strain thanks in large part to the actions of former President Donald Trump.

Kagan starts off by dispelling the notion that Trump will not run for president in 2024.

"Donald Trump will be the Republican candidate for president in 2024," he writes. "The hope and expectation that he would fade in visibility and influence have been delusional. He enjoys mammoth leads in the polls; he is building a massive campaign war chest; and at this moment the Democratic ticket looks vulnerable. Barring health problems, he is running."

Kagan goes on to warn that Trump and his allies are "preparing for victory by any means necessary," through "an organized nationwide campaign to ensure that Trump and his supporters will have the control over state and local election officials that they lacked in 2020."

Kagan then warns Americans that they should not be certain that the constitutional order will again hold if it comes under assault for a second time in three years.

"All that prevented it was a handful of state officials with notable courage and integrity, and the reluctance of two attorneys general and a vice president to obey orders they deemed inappropriate," he writes. "These were not the checks and balances the Framers had in mind when they designed the Constitution, of course, but Trump has exposed the inadequacy of those protections."

Read the whole essay here.

This essay is alarming and should concern us all - regardless of political ideology. There is much more to this essay on the The Washington Post website. I totally agree with Robert Kagan's warnings.
That’s right bitch! We’re going to take back America and make it great again!

Look, I agree. For the life of me I cannot fathom why Biden picked Harris as his running mate. I don't know if she's a racist or not but Biden missed the boat when he picked her.
She might be the only one disliked enough to prevent traitor Joe from being impeached and removed.
By the time 2024 gets here Fuck Joe Biden will be a battle cry.

Exactly.

This is why it would be madness to underestimate Trump and his supporters’ corruption and criminality and to assume Trump’s influence is waning.

The only way Trump can win another election is if he cheats. He knows it, his supporters know it, we all know it.
Hence voter suppression laws in Republican states and measures intended to disenfranchise minority voters.

The states elect the president, not the people; in 2016 Trump became president contrary to the will of the people, it can happen again in 2024 – indeed, Republicans are counting on it. And if not Trump, another Republican nominee.

From his wiki page linked above:

A profile in The Guardian described Kagan as being "uncomfortable" with the 'neocon' title, and stated that "he insists he is 'liberal' and 'progressive' in a distinctly American tradition".[26]

He could be uncomfortable all he wants, but liberals do not architect neocon projects.

Forum List

Back