robert e lee statue removed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do people want to erase history?

Regardless of what he did back in the day he is still one of many that put us where we are today. We got here right now because of the men and women that founded the country, they started and built and altered this country from nothing.

People want to cry racism, colonialism, and all that other shit but we don't have those things anymore. We had a black president and a female vice president. This country is not what it was back then. Hell if weren't for some of our historical figures our country might have turned out much much worse than it is now.

I'm proud of America, it's not a perfect country but it's a good one. To just dismiss all of our history that actually got us here is a disservice to the good they did do.

Everyone who hates a founding father that existed over 100 years before they were born in a vastly different time, yet wants to worship a dope head career criminal should be deported or shot.

Regardless of what he did back in the day he is still one of many that put us where we are today. We got here right now because of the men and women that founded the country, they started and built and altered this country from nothing.

People want to cry racism, colonialism, and all that other shit but we don't have those things anymore. We had a black president and a female vice president. This country is not what it was back then. Hell if weren't for some of our historical figures our country might have turned out much much worse than it is now.

I'm proud of America, it's not a perfect country but it's a good one. To just dismiss all of our history that actually got us here is a disservice to the good they did do.

Everyone who hates a founding father that existed over 100 years before they were born in a vastly different time, yet wants to worship a dope head career criminal should be deported or shot.
I love this country but there are things it has done that I'm not proud of and don't have any desire to honor or celebrate. The people who wanted to destroy this country fall into that category.

Very sorry to see the removal of the General Lee statue.

I understand it was placed on a street that was lined with statues of other Confederate heroes.

The whole area, I have read, was very charming.

I guess the city fathers (and mothers!) were forced to capitulate to the social justice warriors, for the demographics of Richmond are changing, as is happening in other Southern cities, such as Atlanta.

Very sorry to see the removal of the General Lee statue.

I understand it was placed on a street that was lined with statues of other Confederate heroes.

The whole area, I have read, was very charming.

I guess the city fathers (and mothers!) were forced to capitulate to the social justice warriors, for the demographics of Richmond are changing, as is happening in other Southern cities, such as Atlanta.
in other words, sorry to see racism losing.

anyways...

Nobody is erasing history. Nobody has the power to do that. Lee is in the history books. He gets a lot of mentions. as do Grant, Jackson, and the rest of the generals from that era. There is no need to have a huge ostentatious statue in the middle of town that portrays a man who only a minority think highly of, which forces everyone to look at it no matter what they think of him. It's not as if he is some outsized hero to all Americans. Many find him and what he stood for to be offensive.

I love this country but there are things it has done that I'm not proud of and don't have any desire to honor or celebrate. The people who wanted to destroy this country fall into that category.

Other people wanted to celebrate him and his service. They don't count. INdeed, they have been served notice, that they "fall into that category" and should be silent or they could be next.

That is the future....

No, that is the present. That is the nation you have built. Wrong skin color? Keep your mouth shut and your head down.

Other people wanted to celebrate him and his service. They don't count. INdeed, they have been served notice, that they "fall into that category" and should be silent or they could be next.

That is the future....

No, that is the present. That is the nation you have built. Wrong skin color? Keep your mouth shut and your head down.
I know, I know, democracy sucks doesn't it? :itsok:

Put it in front of the Arlington mansion or at one of the National Military Parks....maybe Petersburg....or Gettysburg, in the middle of Pickett's Charge area.

Governor Northam (D) took it home to put next to his lawn jockey.

1631203244672.png

I know, I know, democracy sucks doesn't it? :itsok:

Yes, it does. Hence all the protections our Founding Fathers put in place against it.

Too bad those protections are failing US now.

Any system is only as good as the people in charge of it.

And my God, we are dropping the ball.

Robert E Lee was an intelligent, talented, stately leader of the highest degree. He was everything Biden isn't. What would a Biden statue look like? Pulling Xi's rickshaw, adult diaper, strumming lips, falling down, dazed and confused? And WTF is with those sunglasses?

Yes, it does. Hence all the protections our Founding Fathers put in place against it.

Too bad those protections are failing US now.

Any system is only as good as the people in charge of it.

And my God, we are dropping the ball.
Lee might have said the same thing. Are you happy or sad that Lee lost?

I have no doubt future generations will look at this period in American history with distain and will marvel at the ignorance of so many. While blacks remain in extreme poverty in our inner cities with skyrocketing violence and murder, the Left ignores. But they kneel and remove statues based on false narratives to garner votes. The Democrats win elections yet nothing changes for blacks year after year. You can cheer the removal of Robert E. Lee, but in the end nothing will change, except you destroyed a piece of history.

the chopped it up ewe. blacks destroying history still.
and I thought destroying statues was only a Taliban thing

Lee might have said the same thing. Are you happy or sad that Lee lost?

I'm happy he lost.

Would you like to address my point about how those that want to celebrate him, as an historical figure, are second class citizens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back