robert e lee statue removed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are people so dumb as to not be able to "celebrate their heritage"(whatever that means I've never celebrated mt heritage), they have to have a statue to do it?

Except we discussed taht that is just YOUR take on it, and has nothing to do with the people actually celebrating their heritage.
The heritage being celebrated is black codes, Jim Crow, and segregation.

The heritage being celebrated is hatred, racism, and white supremacy.

The heritage being celebrated is treason, war crimes, and a war against America.

That’s what these monuments represent, as intended by their creators.

The heritage being celebrated is black codes, Jim Crow, and segregation.

The heritage being celebrated is hatred, racism, and white supremacy.

The heritage being celebrated is treason, war crimes, and a war against America.

That’s what these monuments represent, as intended by their creators.
so you put a slave statue up and carry it on. i never new how racist the black comunity was till blm started things up. they have everything everyone else has and they still want more. they need to quit with the victinmer complex they have and see themselves as americans and everyone as americans . stop trying to be the dominate race in the country.

I wonder, if German-Americans wanted to celebrate their history and heritage by erecting a statue of Hitler in a public park, would Correll be their champion?

I addressed his post. Did you miss that, or are you just trying to create the illusion of a point by repeating the point over and over again, because you KNOW it is a stupid point?

Except we discussed taht that is just YOUR take on it, and has nothing to do with the people actually celebrating their heritage.
Yes, that is my take. It is, IMHO, a heritage of treason, enslavement and dehumanization, and hundreds of thousands of young men killed in a hopeless cause.

Yes, that is my take. ....

Yes, that is your take on it. And you were assigning it to people that are so different from you, that you despise them.

It takes a small mind to assume that people different than you, think the same way as you do.

I read it, I just didn't buy it.

What didn't you buy? DO you not believe that 1865 and 1945 are different times?

Perhaps you don't believe that a civil war is a different situation than a war between multiple nations?

Please explain what you don't "buy".

Are people so dumb as to not be able to "celebrate their heritage"(whatever that means I've never celebrated mt heritage), they have to have a statue to do it?
You wanna celebrate our heritage?

Great.

Replace it with a statue of US Grant

Wonder why they never consider that

What didn't you buy? DO you not believe that 1865 and 1945 are different times?

Perhaps you don't believe that a civil war is a different situation than a war between multiple nations?

Please explain what you don't "buy".
Details may change, human nature does not. We may hate different things/people but hate is hate. Ditto for love.

Like you, Germans may feel pride in their WWII conquests and wish to celebrate those that made the it happen. And like you, there are elements in Germany that don't feel shame at the costs (human and material) of those conquests.

Yes, that is your take on it. And you were assigning it to people that are so different from you, that you despise them.

It takes a small mind to assume that people different than you, think the same way as you do.
I don't despise them, in fact I think Lee was a noble and honorable (as he perceived his honor) man in his time. As they say, the road to hell...

so you put a slave statue up and carry it on. i never new how racist the black comunity was till blm started things up. they have everything everyone else has and they still want more. they need to quit with the victinmer complex they have and see themselves as americans and everyone as americans . stop trying to be the dominate race in the country.
You are as ignorant as you are dumb.

Details may change, human nature does not. We may hate different things/people but hate is hate. Ditto for love.

Like you, Germans may feel pride in their WWII conquests and wish to celebrate those that made the it happen. And like you, there are elements in Germany that don't feel shame at the costs (human and material) of those conquests.

I was watching a show, set in the aftermath of WWII in germany. There were characters that were exploring the suffering of the german women during the Occupation.

These are women that were adults during WWII, and thus were "the bad guys", likely had jobs supporting the war effort, in not in uniform themselves.

Is it wrong to show them in a sympathetic light? Is it wrong to talk about the way they were so often raped?

After all, they were the "bad guys".

I don't despise them, in fact I think Lee was a noble and honorable (as he perceived his honor) man in his time. As they say, the road to hell...

I was not talking about him. I was talking about the people that you are assigning motives to, based on the assumption that they think like you, even though they are different than you.

I was not talking about him. I was talking about the people that you are assigning motives to, based on the assumption that they think like you, even though they are different than you.
If they thought like me they wouldn't support a statue on public land celebrating what the Confederacy stood for and the calamity it caused. You and they are welcome to any rationalizations you desire, just don't expect everyone else to go along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back