robert e lee statue removed

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Yes, you are stupid and willfully ignorant. THe actual reason(s) that Lee are honored has been discussed ad nauseum for decades. The two I have heard most often referenced are, A. he did his duty as he saw it, and B. his military prowess.
The two I've heard is he is a symbol of White power and a reminder to Blacks of their 2nd class citizenship. All these reasons may be valid.

2. The behavior of different groups are different. Once again, you are willfully ignorant.
So why do they differ? Is it genetic or environmental?

The two I've heard is he is a symbol of White power and a reminder to Blacks of their 2nd class citizenship. All these reasons may be valid.

For over 5 generations, this country accepted celebrations of Confederate history as an expression of harmless regional pride as part of the larger American Identity.

Blacks have not been second class citizens for a long time now. They have had full legal rights since the Dems gave up the ghost and got with the program.

The people that spout the reasons you cite, are the ENEMIES of the people that support the statues today. Thus it would be retarded of you to believe that those are the reasons.

So why do they differ? Is it genetic or environmental?

Irrelevant to this discussion. The point is you made an assumption that was wrong and stupid.

My point stands. Only whites get this sort of treatment. That is different rules for different people BASED ON RACE.

That makes it racist. That makes YOU racist.

And by "racist" I mean ACTUAL RACISM,

Not the normal shit you libtards mean when you say "wacist" like a retarded child.

For over 5 generations, this country accepted celebrations of Confederate history as an expression of harmless regional pride as part of the larger American Identity.
You mean the Whites that governed the country.
Blacks have not been second class citizens for a long time now. They have had full legal rights since the Dems gave up the ghost and got with the program.
You should talk to some Blacks some time there are plenty living today that were treated as 2nd class citizens and that legacy has been passed down to the younger generations.

My point stands. Only whites get this sort of treatment. That is different rules for different people BASED ON RACE.

That makes it racist. That makes YOU racist.

And by "racist" I mean ACTUAL RACISM,

Not the normal shit you libtards mean when you say "wacist" like a retarded child.
Your whole argument is based solely on race. I think that shows who the racist here is.

You mean the Whites that governed the country.

You should talk to some Blacks some time there are plenty living today that were treated as 2nd class citizens and that legacy has been passed down to the younger generations.

Your whole argument is based solely on race. I think that shows who the racist here is.

1. I said what I meant. For 5 generations this country as a whole, accepted the celebration of confederate history as harmless regional pride as part of the larger American Identity. And no, it was not just the "Whites" that "governed the country" but the people as a whole. YOu are a race baiting asshole.

2. Their claims don't change the historical reality. Blacks have had full legal rights and privileges for a long time now. For you to claim that any statues that are supported TODAY are supported because of something that ended before I was born, is stupid. YOu are stupid.

3. I'm discussing how YOU behavior is racist. I have explained my logic and you have utterly failed to challenge it. YOu calling me a wacist, because I am discussing your behavior, is you being a race baiting asshole.

1. I said what I meant. For 5 generations this country as a whole, accepted the celebration of confederate history as harmless regional pride as part of the larger American Identity. And no, it was not just the "Whites" that "governed the country" but the people as a whole. YOu are a race baiting asshole.
Most of these statues were erected in the South during a time of lynching, the KKK, Jim Crow, and voting restrictions. I doubt they were popular with the victims of these practices.

2. Their claims don't change the historical reality. Blacks have had full legal rights and privileges for a long time now. For you to claim that any statues that are supported TODAY are supported because of something that ended before I was born, is stupid. YOu are stupid.
You must be young since Blacks only started getting their rights in the 60's with the last Federal Government's discrimination ending in 1968.

3. I'm discussing how YOU behavior is racist. I have explained my logic and you have utterly failed to challenge it. YOu calling me a wacist, because I am discussing your behavior, is you being a race baiting asshole.
Is the behavior my wanting to have statues celebrating men who tried to destroy this country removed from public spaces? I say it has nothing to due with the fact they are White but you apparently know better than me what's in my heart.

Most of these statues were erected in the South during a time of lynching, the KKK, Jim Crow, and voting restrictions. I doubt they were popular with the victims of these practices.

I suspect that people who were facing REAL ACTUAL DISCRIMINATIN AND OPPRESSION, didn't give a damn about some statues in the park or that some people in the area were proud of the ancestors military service. They had ACTUAL REAL SHIT TO WORRY ABOUT, and thus didn't have the need modern libs have, of INVENTING SHIT TO BE UPSET ABOUT.

You must be young since Blacks only started getting their rights in the 60's with the last Federal Government's discrimination ending in 1968.

I'm middle aged. I WAY above the average age of this country and in my entire life, blacks have had full citizenship and rights, so your belief that the statues represent something that has been gone for longer than most people in this country have been alive, is nonsense.

Is the behavior my wanting to have statues celebrating men who tried to destroy this country removed from public spaces? I say it has nothing to due with the fact they are White but you apparently know better than me what's in my heart.

Your behavior is as we have discussed over and over again, ie having different standards for different people BASED ON RACE.

Do you have brain damage causing you serious memory issues, or are you just being a troll?

I suspect that people who were facing REAL ACTUAL DISCRIMINATIN AND OPPRESSION, didn't give a damn about some statues in the park or that some people in the area were proud of the ancestors military service. They had ACTUAL REAL SHIT TO WORRY ABOUT, and thus didn't have the need modern libs have, of INVENTING SHIT TO BE UPSET ABOUT.
I'm not Black so I can't speak for them about racial issues so maybe you're right but, if it were me, I'd be pissed. My school gets less funding than the White schools while my tax dollars went to a statue of someone who fought to keep my ancestors enslaved.

I'm middle aged. I WAY above the average age of this country and in my entire life, blacks have had full citizenship and rights, so your belief that the statues represent something that has been gone for longer than most people in this country have been alive, is nonsense.
History can be so inconvenient. Civil Rights didn't become law until 1964 and federal redlining didn't end until 1968.

Your behavior is as we have discussed over and over again, ie having different standards for different people BASED ON RACE.

Do you have brain damage causing you serious memory issues, or are you just being a troll?
It is your claim that my standards are based on race, it is not mine. It is you who claim the removal of statues is based on race, it is not mine. It is you who view these thing through the prism of race, not me.

I'm not Black so I can't speak for them about racial issues so maybe you're right but, if it were me, I'd be pissed. My school gets less funding than the White schools while my tax dollars went to a statue of someone who fought to keep my ancestors enslaved.

IMO, it would be unlikely for people facing actual racist discrimination to worry about the POSSIBLE symbolism of a statue in the park.

So, my point stands. The people that support the statue do NOT do it for the reasons you have heard from people that hate them, say they support it for. They do it for the reasons they have stated, ie their Duty and their Military Prowess.

History can be so inconvenient. Civil Rights didn't become law until 1964 and federal redlining didn't end until 1968.

Civil rights before I was born. Like I said. Jim Crow.. illegal and over. BEFORE I WAS BORN. So, the whining from blacks, not really relevant to today's issues.

It is your claim that my standards are based on race, it is not mine. It is you who claim the removal of statues is based on race, it is not mine. It is you who view these thing through the prism of race, not me.

It is my claim. That I have backed up by pointing out how your behavior changes depending on the race of people who are celebrating their heritage.

Are you pretending that did not happen, over and over.

IMO, it would be unlikely for people facing actual racist discrimination to worry about the POSSIBLE symbolism of a statue in the park.

So, my point stands. The people that support the statue do NOT do it for the reasons you have heard from people that hate them, say they support it for. They do it for the reasons they have stated, ie their Duty and their Military Prowess.
Opinions are like butts, everyone has one and most of them stink. You are certainly welcome to yours

Civil rights before I was born. Like I said. Jim Crow.. illegal and over. BEFORE I WAS BORN. So, the whining from blacks, not really relevant to today's issues.
None of it was over before I was born. There are plenty of people alive today who lived through it and it affected their children.

It is my claim. That I have backed up by pointing out how your behavior changes depending on the race of people who are celebrating their heritage.

Are you pretending that did not happen, over and over.
I'm not pretending, it did not happen. I've said repeatedly that anyone, regardless of race, who tries to destroy this country does not deserve to a statue celebrating their treason.

Opinions are like butts, everyone has one and most of them stink. You are certainly welcome to yours

Mine was supported by a well reasoned argument citing historical facts. You... were unable to even address my points. You seem barely able to Assert your conclusion. That is you losing the debatee.

None of it was over before I was born. There are plenty of people alive today who lived through it and it affected their children.

Well, they should stop living in the past. My dad fought the japanese in WWII. He did NOT raise me to hate them. I do NOT hate them based no his bad experiences with them. I have met Japanese people and enjoyed their company based on their personal, INDIVIDUAL behavior, not what happened to my dad. Any of this getting though to that brain of yours, or am I wasting my time?

I'm not pretending, it did not happen. I've said repeatedly that anyone, regardless of race, who tries to destroy this country does not deserve to a statue celebrating their treason.

The way you try to so carefully try to limit the discussion to one small type of bad behavior, as though I have not already pointed out that that doesn't make any sense, is you doing teh Logical Fallacy of Proof by Assertion. Your argument, is thus invalid and stupid.

Mine was supported by a well reasoned argument citing historical facts. You... were unable to even address my points. You seem barely able to Assert your conclusion. That is you losing the debatee.
:auiqs.jpg: Sorry but that is all that deserves.

Well, they should stop living in the past.
Agreed, as should those that celebrate people that died over 150 years ago.

The way you try to so carefully try to limit the discussion to one small type of bad behavior, as though I have not already pointed out that that doesn't make any sense, is you doing teh Logical Fallacy of Proof by Assertion. Your argument, is thus invalid and stupid.
Logical Fallacy of Proof by Assertion means you can't just assert what I think over and over and then claim you have somehow won anything.

:auiqs.jpg: Sorry but that is all that deserves.

Agreed, as should those that celebrate people that died over 150 years ago.

Big difference between nursing past grievances across generations, and celebrating your heritage.

Put it in front of the Arlington mansion or at one of the National Military Parks....maybe Petersburg....or Gettysburg, in the middle of Pickett's Charge area.

Gettysburg already has one:

gb20.jpg

Two sides of the same coin.

No, it's not. One is nurturing the hate of others, and the other is knowing and celebrating your own heritage.

Your flat denial of a clear and obvious truth, is just you gaslighting.

No, it's not. One is nurturing the hate of others, and the other is knowing and celebrating your own heritage.

I wonder if the offspring of Nazis fight to celebrate their history and heritage. I didn't see statues and monuments of Nazis when I was stationed in Germany.

I wonder if the offspring of Nazis fight to celebrate their history and heritage. I didn't see statues and monuments of Nazis when I was stationed in Germany.

Wow. Two different situations, at two different places with different people and different times, were handled differently?

What a shock.

My point stands.

One is nurturing the hate of others, and the other is knowing and celebrating your own heritage.

If celebrating your heritage involves the hate of others, I don't see much difference.

I wonder, if German-Americans wanted to celebrate their history and heritage by erecting a statue of Hitler in a public park, would Correll be their champion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back