Rioters blame Jan 6 on misinformation

Well, I guess this is good. A few eyes have to open, and hopefully that will create the momentum the country needs to escape this madness.
The madness of stealing the election? One of those ways being to stage a Capitol Beer Hall Putsch that
could be blamed on Trump, ending any possibility that Trump could be politically resurrected?

Yes, the old ways are the best ways for leftist provocateurs.
Yes, you're all victims. Boo hoo.
We're all victims, brays the losing conman.

Last edited:
Well, I guess this is good. A few eyes have to open, and hopefully that will create the momentum the country needs to escape this madness.

These people are responsible for their actions, but those who have been feeding them this garbage are responsible for their part in this, too.

Falsehoods about the election helped bring insurrectionists to the Capitol on Jan. 6, and now some who are facing criminal charges for their actions during the riot hope their gullibility might save them or at least engender some sympathy.

Lawyers for at least three defendants charged in connection with the violent siege tell The Associated Press that they will blame election misinformation and conspiracy theories, much of it pushed by then-President Donald Trump, for misleading their clients. The attorneys say those who spread that misinformation bear as much responsibility for the violence as do those who participated in the actual breach of the Capitol.

“I kind of sound like an idiot now saying it, but my faith was in him,” defendant Anthony Antonio said, speaking of Trump. Antonio said he wasn’t interested in politics before pandemic boredom led him to conservative cable news and right-wing social media. “I think they did a great job of convincing people.”
They get off the wrong tourist bus?

These people are responsible for their actions, but those who have been feeding them this garbage are responsible for their part in this, too.

Falsehoods about the election helped bring insurrectionists to the Capitol on Jan. 6, and now some who are facing criminal charges for their actions during the riot hope their gullibility might save them or at least engender some sympathy.

Lawyers for at least three defendants charged in connection with the violent siege tell The Associated Press that they will blame election misinformation and conspiracy theories, much of it pushed by then-President Donald Trump, for misleading their clients. The attorneys say those who spread that misinformation bear as much responsibility for the violence as do those who participated in the actual breach of the Capitol.

“I kind of sound like an idiot now saying it, but my faith was in him,” defendant Anthony Antonio said, speaking of Trump. Antonio said he wasn’t interested in politics before pandemic boredom led him to conservative cable news and right-wing social media. “I think they did a great job of convincing people.”

So.....

Go start a commission.....

Oh, wait.......

:itsok: :itsok: :itsok: :itsok:

So.....

Oh, wait.......

Select committee on the way!

:itsok:

So.....

Oh, wait.......

Select committee on the way!

:itsok:
Select criminals.

My entire life, I have heard the expression "ignorance is no excuse for the law".

There's a Black woman serving 5 years in Texas because she wasn't aware she couldn't vote while on probation.

Fuck these crybabies.
I agree, especially considering defense lawyers obviously have now settled on a defense that shifts all the blame to Donald Trump and tries to exonerate people who came to the Capitol with the full intent and purpose of causing a riot, as opposed to the thousands that came to peaceably listen to Trump and went home afterwards disturbing not one thing.

It's cowardly bullshit and what did these morons think would happen when they showed up ready to
rumble? And why did security at the Capitol stand down that day in particular?

Joseph Goebbels On the “Big Lie” - Jewish Virtual Library

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/joseph...
Joseph Goebbels: On the “Big Lie”. “If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie
On Jan 7, I thought we had avoided something very dark by the skin of our teeth. But it wasn't over. See AZ, see USMB, see Republicans yesterday.

The Dems need to play their investigation VERY carefully, not be running their mouths about what they think they're going to find and leaking bullshit to the press every week to keep it in the news. It's how the Russia investigation lost credibility, and the truth has enough trouble these days without making things worse.

If Dems want to take the high road on this, they need to lockup tight and quit the politicking for once.

I may write to Nancy about it.

Last edited:
My entire life, I have heard the expression "ignorance is no excuse for the law".

There's a Black woman serving 5 years in Texas because she wasn't aware she couldn't vote while on probation.

Fuck these crybabies.
I agree, especially considering defense lawyers obviously have now settled on a defense that shifts all the blame to Donald Trump and tries to exonerate people who came to the Capitol with the full intent and purpose of causing a riot, as opposed to the thousands that came to peaceably listen to Trump and went home afterwards disturbing not one thing.

It's cowardly bullshit and what did these morons think would happen when they showed up ready to
I think everyone miscalculated what the Trumpists would do. Nah, a bunch of good ol' white boys won't do anything serious. The powers that be were concerned about looking heavy handed with a group that were already

Joseph Goebbels: On the “Big Lie”. “If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie
On Jan 7, I thought we had avoided something very dark by the skin of our teeth. But it wasn't over. See AZ, see USMB, see Republicans yesterday.

The Dems need to play their investigation VERY carefully, not be running their mouths about what they think they're going to find and leaking bullshit to the press every week to keep it in the news. It's how the Russia investigation lost credibility, and the truth has enough trouble these days without making things worse.

If Dems want to take the high road on this, they need to lockup tight and quit the politicking for once.

What you mean is the narrative has to be advanced and saturate the news while the illigetimate administration destroys the country.

Fuck these crybabies.

I think everyone miscalculated what the Trumpists would do. Nah, a bunch of good ol' white boys won't do anything serious. The powers that be were concerned about looking heavy handed with a group that were already

What you mean is the narrative has to be advanced and saturate the news while the illigetimate administration destroys the country.
Pretty sure that's not what I said. It's sure not what I meant.

Nothing really happened. It was the leftists. Okay!
Compared to the endless riots in Portland where government buildings were set on fire and all exits were
sealed off, with people trapped inside, it's true.
Scuffling over placement of bike racks seems rather tame by comparison. Of
course no one was murdered in a cowardly point blank execution of an unarmed woman
but you believe she had it coming...right?

So, eff her! She had it coming!

On the “Big Lie”. “If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie
You mean like Trump is HItler. Right? Destroyer of democracy, friend of Vlad Putin?
Corruptor of America? Big lies like those?

They get off the wrong tourist bus?
Saw a program on Jan 6 last night. The video is pretty damning and obvious. And most amazingly, they shot the freaking video for us.

The rubes probably haven't seen most of what happened, stuck in their little world as they are. It was just a tour that got a little frisky.

Last edited:

I have often wondered if these raving nut jobs were bored and didn't have enough to do.

A high percentage of them had no job. Jake “Q Shamin” Chansley had been unemployed for months
Nonsense....Jake Q shamin supposedly had his own online business and is ex military. Of course, I think this is a cover story as I am convinced the shamin is a fbi or some other alphabet PLANT giving his body language. He is not a believer in Trump or anything else but he was attending lots of different protests---------think he is just an undercover cop of some sort who can't act very well and instigator when ordered to do so.

The "you made me do it" defense, often used by rapists and terrorists.
Agreed. Sounds exactly like what lawyers for some of these rioters is putting out there.
We were under Trump's magic spell. We had no control over our own will.
He made us act up!

I can already guess how this will go down in court.

Forum List

Back