Rightist Support of Police

So far in 2020 about 203 Police Officers have died in the line of duty including 20 women. About 13 K-9 dogs were also killed. Contrast that to the 93 brave heroes who were killed in the U.S. Military during the same period.
More pizza delivery drivers are killed yearly than cops.
then why did your #1 comment say " they arent there to help us"

cops help millions of people each yr,,,
That many do help people is notwithstanding the fact that they are held completely blameless if they don't help, even when the criminal perps are readily identified and easy to apprehend.
thats a case by case issue and not and overall one,,,
But generally it seems that they only help insofar as they don’t have to stick their necks out. Yeah, sure, it’s nice that they helped an old lady across the street, or got a cat out of the tree. But it’s not...it doesn’t justify the fact that they in many cases enforce wildly unamerican laws and edicts, such as those that I listed in my OP.
see that why I cant have a rational discussion with you,,

you dont make any sense cause I've never seen them do either of those things,,,

might I suggest you restart this thread and stick to single facts and not do a bait and switch,,then we can have a rational discussion
I literally listed several real examples in my OP. Did you even read it?
I didnt get that far because your first comment contradicted your justification,,

iif you want to talk about those things dont start your comment with twisted lies,,,
So you didn’t read them because of something I said that was factual, although you misinterpreted it (which may have slightly been my fault) and decided that it was a lie? Good lord, this is bad faith arguing at its finest.
switching the narrative in your first sentences is the same as lying,,,and is a typical progressive tactic,,,
You’re even backpedaling now. “Well, it’s not lying but it’s basically the same as lying!” Go away. You’re just a stupid person, you’re not here to argue in good faith. The objective matter of fact is that the Supreme Court made that ruling, and that it did so based on a factual event that occurred.
are you saying theyre wrong???
The Supreme Court ruling, you mean? Or the Police’s actions?
SCOTUS,,,

you need specifics for police actions,,,
I disagree with the ruling as a matter of principle. I think the police, in a righteous world, should protect people who are in danger. Not only from the typical criminal, but from the bureaucrat who would seek to deprive the common man of his rights.
that would first require people not voting for dems or repubes,,cause they are doing the will of the people,,,
I can agree with that. Regrettably, people have developed an almost fanatical loyalty to these organizations.

So far in 2020 about 203 Police Officers have died in the line of duty including 20 women. About 13 K-9 dogs were also killed. Contrast that to the 93 brave heroes who were killed in the U.S. Military during the same period.

That many do help people is notwithstanding the fact that they are held completely blameless if they don't help, even when the criminal perps are readily identified and easy to apprehend.
But generally it seems that they only help insofar as they don’t have to stick their necks out. Yeah, sure, it’s nice that they helped an old lady across the street, or got a cat out of the tree. But it’s not...it doesn’t justify the fact that they in many cases enforce wildly unamerican laws and edicts, such as those that I listed in my OP.

might I suggest you restart this thread and stick to single facts and not do a bait and switch,,then we can have a rational discussion
I didnt get that far because your first comment contradicted your justification,,

iif you want to talk about those things dont start your comment with twisted lies,,,
So you didn’t read them because of something I said that was factual, although you misinterpreted it (which may have slightly been my fault) and decided that it was a lie? Good lord, this is bad faith arguing at its finest.
switching the narrative in your first sentences is the same as lying,,,and is a typical progressive tactic,,,
You’re even backpedaling now. “Well, it’s not lying but it’s basically the same as lying!” Go away. You’re just a stupid person, you’re not here to argue in good faith. The objective matter of fact is that the Supreme Court made that ruling, and that it did so based on a factual event that occurred.
SCOTUS,,,

I disagree with the ruling as a matter of principle. I think the police, in a righteous world, should protect people who are in danger. Not only from the typical criminal, but from the bureaucrat who would seek to deprive the common man of his rights.
the princilple is if you expect others to protect you youre already dead,,,
Sure, but then do I really need the police at all, then? Nevermind that in self defense cases, guess what? The police take your gun away as, “evidence.” Many gun owners report never seeing their firearm again.
I dont need to trust the cops to support why theyre there,,,

I’d like to challenge the idea that many right wingers have that motivate them to support the police. I myself used to be a right winger, now I don’t really feel like I fit in on any political compass. I’d like to show that...
1. The police are not there to help you.
2. The police will harm you.

Starting with the first, there are numerous Supreme Court rulings all of which have stated that the police do not have an obligation to protect you if you’re in danger. And secondly, consider the following cases:
1. In 1999, after local law enforcement failed to catch a burglar who had burglarized the same home several times, the homeowner set a shotgun trap which wounded the thief, resulting in him being caught. The homeowner was promptly jailed for 6 months and fined $10,000. Yes, the judge was obviously culpable in this case, but the judge himself doesn’t do the legwork. It’s the cops.
2. After a mob formed outside his home, shouting at the homeowner in question over a yard sign and blasting loud music, the homeowner, without leaving his home fetched his rifle. The police arrived...and the homeowner was arrested for brandishing. No judges here, this was simply the police acting of their own accord.
3. It is a matter of fact that the police have stood down in many cities and simply watched as rioters destroyed innocent people’s entire livelihoods. Their defense? They were just following orders. The age old defense of war criminals.
4. Finally, when it comes to gun grabs, you know who actually grabs guns? It’s not the, “libtards” or, “demonrats.” It’s the police. They’re the ones who literally knock on your door over a bogus and unconstitutional red flag seizure and take your gun away. The authoritarians give the marching orders, and the cops? They don’t care about you. They’ll do as they’re told.

Ultimately, I encourage many people on this site to reconsider their support for police. Remember, unless you live in a city which has abolished the 2A, then you are more than capable of keeping yourself safe from danger. It is the cops who serve authoritarian bureaucrats who will deprive you of that capability.

You failed to list the cities and the party in charge of the police where those incidents took place.
They’re democratic cities, obviously. But I actually addressed that line of argument. Saying you didn’t protect people’s livelihoods because you were just following orders is a Nuremberg defense.

But your thread is telling people on the right not to support the police. What is the relevance then of telling us that using anecdotes in blue cities?
The, “anecdotes” weren’t all from blue cities. Never mind that the police aren’t just supposed to be doing the bidding of blue politicians. This is the fourth time I’ve had to remind someone that the Nuremberg defense isn’t a defense at all.

I’d like to challenge the idea that many right wingers have that motivate them to support the police. I myself used to be a right winger, now I don’t really feel like I fit in on any political compass. I’d like to show that...

Starting with the first, there are numerous Supreme Court rulings all of which have stated that the police do not have an obligation to protect you if you’re in danger. And secondly, consider the following cases:
1. In 1999, after local law enforcement failed to catch a burglar who had burglarized the same home several times, the homeowner set a shotgun trap which wounded the thief, resulting in him being caught. The homeowner was promptly jailed for 6 months and fined $10,000. Yes, the judge was obviously culpable in this case, but the judge himself doesn’t do the legwork. It’s the cops.
2. After a mob formed outside his home, shouting at the homeowner in question over a yard sign and blasting loud music, the homeowner, without leaving his home fetched his rifle. The police arrived...and the homeowner was arrested for brandishing. No judges here, this was simply the police acting of their own accord.
3. It is a matter of fact that the police have stood down in many cities and simply watched as rioters destroyed innocent people’s entire livelihoods. Their defense? They were just following orders. The age old defense of war criminals.
4. Finally, when it comes to gun grabs, you know who actually grabs guns? It’s not the, “libtards” or, “demonrats.” It’s the police. They’re the ones who literally knock on your door over a bogus and unconstitutional red flag seizure and take your gun away. The authoritarians give the marching orders, and the cops? They don’t care about you. They’ll do as they’re told.

Ultimately, I encourage many people on this site to reconsider their support for police. Remember, unless you live in a city which has abolished the 2A, then you are more than capable of keeping yourself safe from danger. It is the cops who serve authoritarian bureaucrats who will deprive you of that capability.
Well said.

Even though what you said was in fact true, in regard to their role and the fact that they are under no obligation to protect anyone, the police are still under a chain of command which directs them to act or not act....They are, in the end, the playthings of state and local politicians.
And obviously spineless enough to forget that they have the ability, and moral obligation to tell their masters, “fuck no, that’s the wrong thing to do, and I’m not gonna do it” when their masters order them to do some unamerican shit like enforce a red flag warrant, or arrest someone for defending their home.
Well, there's that, yes....And I'll even throw in that they've also been turned into defacto revenue agents for The State, with the numerous civil infractions that they constantly harass the populace with, for good measure.

But I was speaking more in the realm of being directed to not act, as they have been in Baltimore, Ferguson, Minneapolis, Portland, Seattle, etcetera.

OK, but those are all leftist shit holes. I'd like them try to pull that shit here in Florida

More pizza delivery drivers are killed than members of the Military. Does that diminish the respect for the Military? Police Officers die to insure your 1st Amendment Constitutional right to compare them to pizza delivery drivers.
My 1A right stems from the fact that I sleep with two loaded guns and keep a battle rifle in my house. The cops are routinely used to try and take those away from Americans.

That is true.

It's like teachers. Sure, there are good teachers. But that is only because they personally decided to be a good teacher. The leftist government school system holds them to no such standard.

Similarly there are good cops, but that doesn't mean the system gets any credit for that. The police are NOT there to protect us. They are there to come draw a line around our body and make some inquiries to see if they can figure out who did it

Well said.

Even though what you said was in fact true, in regard to their role and the fact that they are under no obligation to protect anyone, the police are still under a chain of command which directs them to act or not act....They are, in the end, the playthings of state and local politicians.
And obviously spineless enough to forget that they have the ability, and moral obligation to tell their masters, “fuck no, that’s the wrong thing to do, and I’m not gonna do it” when their masters order them to do some unamerican shit like enforce a red flag warrant, or arrest someone for defending their home.
Well, there's that, yes....And I'll even throw in that they've also been turned into defacto revenue agents for The State, with the numerous civil infractions that they constantly harass the populace with, for good measure.

But I was speaking more in the realm of being directed to not act, as they have been in Baltimore, Ferguson, Minneapolis, Portland, Seattle, etcetera.

OK, but those are all leftist shit holes
I get that part too.

But the OP is right in his focused points...Don't let your emotional response to criticism the police interfere with looking at the facts of how they have been misused and misdirected by the political class.

So if someone steals your car, who you gonna call?

So if someone steals your car, who you gonna call?

You’re using a hypothetical scenario. Besides, that doesn’t justify the examples I used. Furthermore, automotive theft is unique because of the resources that exist for solving it. Most petty larcenies go unsolved, and even more go unreported because there exists little faith in the ability of the police to solve those crimes.

That is true.

It's like teachers. Sure, there are good teachers. But that is only because they personally decided to be a good teacher. The leftist government school system holds them to no such standard.

Similarly there are good cops, but that doesn't mean the system gets any credit for that. The police are NOT there to protect us. They are there to come draw a line around our body and make some inquiries to see if they can figure out who did it

Close. . . very close.

The original intent of the law enforcement community was to draw a line around the property of the landed gentry, make some inquiries, and to figure out who did it. . . and either lock them up, or fine them. This will keep the elites in power, and the poor in their place. It is all outlined in Plato's Republic.

They are there to enforce laws of the state and those of the financial powers, not protect people, especially those with no money.

Now, the, by-product is political suppression of the angst of the populace of the masses against the political, cultural, and financial elites.

A good example of this, is in San Francisco. We all know how folks defecate in the streets with no repercussions, yes?

Now, remember what happened when someone tried that same, pun intended, "shit" on Pelosi's driveway?

If the police and the courts applied the law evenly? Both Trump and Clinton probably would both be in prison, and neither would have been able to run for office before they started.

Is it possible that some people believe the so-called left wing universally hates the Police? The notion is absurd but it seems to persist in the minds of bigots. The post belongs in the rubber room but for some reason it is in the political forum.

You are, or you are not, aware that peace officers do not write or interpret laws?
Nuremberg defense. I already addressed this TWOCE before.

I saw that and each time I have dismissed it as an incorrect and hyperbolic response.

Is it possible that some people believe the so-called left wing universally hates the Police? The notion is absurd but it seems to persist in the minds of bigots. The post belongs in the rubber room but for some reason it is in the political forum.
Oh it’s very possible. I had a professor who was fired for it. Also, no, your post belongs in the rubber room.

You are, or you are not, aware that peace officers do not write or interpret laws?

I saw that and each time I have dismissed it as an incorrect and hyperbolic response.
It’s not hyperbolic. That word doesn’t even make sense in this context. Your arguing that their doing the wrong thing is justified because they’re, “just following orders” given to them by blue politicians. That is patently a Nuremberg defense. If you want to dismiss it, fine. I can’t stop you.

SCOTUS,,,

You're not a rational person.

It’s not hyperbolic. That word doesn’t even make sense in this context. Your arguing that their doing the wrong thing is justified because they’re, “just following orders” given to them by blue politicians. That is patently a Nuremberg defense. If you want to dismiss it, fine. I can’t stop you.

No
I argue that they are not doing the wrong thing.

I support an individual who chooses to do a dangerous job for little compensation.

A job that on the whole makes Americans safer. Because as we have seen since the leftist attack on law enforcement..when the cops are busy with rioters and "protestors" the criminals will have a field day.

Just because in a few outlying cases the police are used incorrectly does not negate the impact they have in maintaining law and order in our society.

No
You support jailing and disarming people for self defense, and wildly unconstitutional red flag warrants?

No
You support jailing and disarming people for self defense, and wildly unconstitutional red flag warrants?
you should stick to those things instead of claiming all cops are bad,,,

I support an individual who chooses to do a dangerous job for little compensation.

A job that on the whole makes Americans safer. Because as we have seen since the leftist attack on law enforcement..when the cops are busy with rioters and "protestors" the criminals will have a field day.

Just because in a few outlying cases the police are used incorrectly does not negate the impact they have in maintaining law and order in our society.
The compensation is quite good, especially the pension and healthcare. The fact is that if police weren’t disarming people for defending themselves, then people could just continue to use their second amendment rights to defend themselves from these criminals.

No
you should stick to those things instead of claiming all cops are bad,,,
So is that a yes or a no?

Forum List

Back