Rightist Support of Police

How do you want your crow? I literally voted Trump in the ā€˜16 primary and general. You havenā€™t actually addressed a single one of my talking points. How is support of self defense and opposition to red flag warrants a leftist talking point?
I am not interested in discussing the Leftist LIES and Marxist Propaganda.

It bores me.

I am simply calling out your Bullshit for what it is.

Iā€™d like to challenge the idea that many right wingers have that motivate them to support the police. I myself used to be a right winger, now I donā€™t really feel like I fit in on any political compass. Iā€™d like to show that...
1. The police are not there to help you.
2. The police will harm you.

Starting with the first, there are numerous Supreme Court rulings all of which have stated that the police do not have an obligation to protect you if youā€™re in danger. And secondly, consider the following cases:
1. In 1999, after local law enforcement failed to catch a burglar who had burglarized the same home several times, the homeowner set a shotgun trap which wounded the thief, resulting in him being caught. The homeowner was promptly jailed for 6 months and fined $10,000. Yes, the judge was obviously culpable in this case, but the judge himself doesnā€™t do the legwork. Itā€™s the cops.
2. After a mob formed outside his home, shouting at the homeowner in question over a yard sign and blasting loud music, the homeowner, without leaving his home fetched his rifle. The police arrived...and the homeowner was arrested for brandishing. No judges here, this was simply the police acting of their own accord.
3. It is a matter of fact that the police have stood down in many cities and simply watched as rioters destroyed innocent peopleā€™s entire livelihoods. Their defense? They were just following orders. The age old defense of war criminals.
4. Finally, when it comes to gun grabs, you know who actually grabs guns? Itā€™s not the, ā€œlibtardsā€ or, ā€œdemonrats.ā€ Itā€™s the police. Theyā€™re the ones who literally knock on your door over a bogus and unconstitutional red flag seizure and take your gun away. The authoritarians give the marching orders, and the cops? They donā€™t care about you. Theyā€™ll do as theyā€™re told.

Ultimately, I encourage many people on this site to reconsider their support for police. Remember, unless you live in a city which has abolished the 2A, then you are more than capable of keeping yourself safe from danger. It is the cops who serve authoritarian bureaucrats who will deprive you of that capability.

Sounds like you're describing the typical Democrat run shit-hole.

Wow really? Sounds like you have a vivid imagination. Use that imagination, just imagine you had a real job, do you tell your boss "fuck no" you're NOT going to do what you were told. How long would you last?
So you admit that cops will gladly side with literal gungrabbers because theyā€™re afraid of losing their jobs? Also, I donā€™t need a job because I live off the grid, so I fend for myself.

then why did your #1 comment say " they arent there to help us"

cops help millions of people each yr,,,
That many do help people is notwithstanding the fact that they are held completely blameless if they don't help, even when the criminal perps are readily identified and easy to apprehend.
thats a case by case issue and not and overall one,,,

How do you want your crow? I literally voted Trump in the ā€˜16 primary and general. You havenā€™t actually addressed a single one of my talking points. How is support of self defense and opposition to red flag warrants a leftist talking point?
I am not interested in discussing the Leftist LIES and Marxist Propaganda.

It bores me.

I am simply calling out your Bullshit for what it is.
Alright, well then for the record I guess self defense and opposing red flag laws is Marxist Propaganda.

That many do help people is notwithstanding the fact that they are held completely blameless if they don't help, even when the criminal perps are readily identified and easy to apprehend.
But generally it seems that they only help insofar as they donā€™t have to stick their necks out. Yeah, sure, itā€™s nice that they helped an old lady across the street, or got a cat out of the tree. But itā€™s not...it doesnā€™t justify the fact that they in many cases enforce wildly unamerican laws and edicts, such as those that I listed in my OP.

No, it's not....This is a matter of USSC decisions, which remove all liability from police who fail to act to protect people.

It's truly fucked up, but there it is.

Alright, well then for the record I guess self defense and opposing red flag laws is Marxist Propaganda.
Whatever you want to believe in the Alt Left Reality you are pushing is just fine with me.
If itā€™s just fine with you then why are you wasting time here. It makes no sense. You claim theyā€™re leftist talking point when leftists oppose self defense and support gun grabs. You say I was never a conservative (with no evidence) and then when confronted with evidence to the contrary, just ignore it. If youā€™re not here to debate, or engage in good faith argument, then what can be done?

Whatever you want to believe in the Alt Left Reality you are pushing is just fine with me.
That's not "Alt Left Reality", it's reality reality.....They will be the ones enforcing unconstitutional red flag laws, until ordered to do otherwise.

Iā€™d like to challenge the idea that many right wingers have that motivate them to support the police. I myself used to be a right winger, now I donā€™t really feel like I fit in on any political compass. Iā€™d like to show that...

Starting with the first, there are numerous Supreme Court rulings all of which have stated that the police do not have an obligation to protect you if youā€™re in danger. And secondly, consider the following cases:
1. In 1999, after local law enforcement failed to catch a burglar who had burglarized the same home several times, the homeowner set a shotgun trap which wounded the thief, resulting in him being caught. The homeowner was promptly jailed for 6 months and fined $10,000. Yes, the judge was obviously culpable in this case, but the judge himself doesnā€™t do the legwork. Itā€™s the cops.
2. After a mob formed outside his home, shouting at the homeowner in question over a yard sign and blasting loud music, the homeowner, without leaving his home fetched his rifle. The police arrived...and the homeowner was arrested for brandishing. No judges here, this was simply the police acting of their own accord.
3. It is a matter of fact that the police have stood down in many cities and simply watched as rioters destroyed innocent peopleā€™s entire livelihoods. Their defense? They were just following orders. The age old defense of war criminals.
4. Finally, when it comes to gun grabs, you know who actually grabs guns? Itā€™s not the, ā€œlibtardsā€ or, ā€œdemonrats.ā€ Itā€™s the police. Theyā€™re the ones who literally knock on your door over a bogus and unconstitutional red flag seizure and take your gun away. The authoritarians give the marching orders, and the cops? They donā€™t care about you. Theyā€™ll do as theyā€™re told.

Ultimately, I encourage many people on this site to reconsider their support for police. Remember, unless you live in a city which has abolished the 2A, then you are more than capable of keeping yourself safe from danger. It is the cops who serve authoritarian bureaucrats who will deprive you of that capability.

I challenge your understanding of the role of police in the US.

The police are there to arrive at a location and document the particulars.
If the particulars lead them to the perpetrators, then they will interact negatively in their life.

The rest of the post is nonsensical, really.

But generally it seems that they only help insofar as they donā€™t have to stick their necks out. Yeah, sure, itā€™s nice that they helped an old lady across the street, or got a cat out of the tree. But itā€™s not...it doesnā€™t justify the fact that they in many cases enforce wildly unamerican laws and edicts, such as those that I listed in my OP.
see that why I cant have a rational discussion with you,,

you dont make any sense cause I've never seen them do either of those things,,,

might I suggest you restart this thread and stick to single facts and not do a bait and switch,,then we can have a rational discussion

I challenge your understanding of the role of police in the US.

The police are there to arrive at a location and document the particulars.
If the particulars lead them to the perpetrators, then they will interact negatively in their life.

The rest of the post is nonsensical, really.
Itā€™s nonsensical because you say it is. Cool. Awesome. Might as well have just said, ā€œno u.ā€ The policeā€™s job, is to enforce laws.

No, it's not....This is a matter of USSC decisions, which remove all liability from police who fail to act to protect people.

its not their job to protect us,,thats our job,,,

anyone that waits for a cop to protect them will most likely be dead when the cops show up,,,

might I suggest you restart this thread and stick to single facts and not do a bait and switch,,then we can have a rational discussion
I literally listed several real examples in my OP. Did you even read it?

No city can abolish the second amendment nor can any county or state in this country. Hell our congress can't even abolish it on their own. Please refer to the supremacy clause in our constitution which is the supreme law of the land.

I didnt get that far because your first comment contradicted your justification,,

iif you want to talk about those things dont start your comment with twisted lies,,,

anyone that waits for a cop to protect them will most likely be dead when the cops show up,,,
Wel

No city can abolish the second amendment nor can any county or state in this country. Hell our congress can't even abolish it on their own. Please refer to the supremacy clause in our constitution which is the supreme law of the land.
As someone who was born in NYC, I promise you that theyā€™ve successfully abolished 2A there. One of the many reasons I moved as soon as I could.

Yeah, I get that....Point being that they're held entirely blameless, even when they can easily and lawfully intervene.

Well said.

Even though what you said was in fact true, in regard to their role and the fact that they are under no obligation to protect anyone, the police are still under a chain of command which directs them to act or not act....They are, in the end, the playthings of state and local politicians.
And obviously spineless enough to forget that they have the ability, and moral obligation to tell their masters, ā€œfuck no, thatā€™s the wrong thing to do, and Iā€™m not gonna do itā€ when their masters order them to do some unamerican shit like enforce a red flag warrant, or arrest someone for defending their home.

You just sound crazy.

I didnt get that far because your first comment contradicted your justification,,

iif you want to talk about those things dont start your comment with twisted lies,,,
So you didnā€™t read them because of something I said that was factual, although you misinterpreted it (which may have slightly been my fault) and decided that it was a lie? Good lord, this is bad faith arguing at its finest.

Forum List

Back