Rightist Support of Police

Pilate

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2016
I’d like to challenge the idea that many right wingers have that motivate them to support the police. I myself used to be a right winger, now I don’t really feel like I fit in on any political compass. I’d like to show that...
1. The police are not there to help you.
2. The police will harm you.

Starting with the first, there are numerous Supreme Court rulings all of which have stated that the police do not have an obligation to protect you if you’re in danger. And secondly, consider the following cases:
1. In 1999, after local law enforcement failed to catch a burglar who had burglarized the same home several times, the homeowner set a shotgun trap which wounded the thief, resulting in him being caught. The homeowner was promptly jailed for 6 months and fined $10,000. Yes, the judge was obviously culpable in this case, but the judge himself doesn’t do the legwork. It’s the cops.
2. After a mob formed outside his home, shouting at the homeowner in question over a yard sign and blasting loud music, the homeowner, without leaving his home fetched his rifle. The police arrived...and the homeowner was arrested for brandishing. No judges here, this was simply the police acting of their own accord.
3. It is a matter of fact that the police have stood down in many cities and simply watched as rioters destroyed innocent people’s entire livelihoods. Their defense? They were just following orders. The age old defense of war criminals.
4. Finally, when it comes to gun grabs, you know who actually grabs guns? It’s not the, “libtards” or, “demonrats.” It’s the police. They’re the ones who literally knock on your door over a bogus and unconstitutional red flag seizure and take your gun away. The authoritarians give the marching orders, and the cops? They don’t care about you. They’ll do as they’re told.

Ultimately, I encourage many people on this site to reconsider their support for police. Remember, unless you live in a city which has abolished the 2A, then you are more than capable of keeping yourself safe from danger. It is the cops who serve authoritarian bureaucrats who will deprive you of that capability.

Attachments

• 257FA1F5-2F42-44EC-8496-7252B34AC4AF.jpeg
    257FA1F5-2F42-44EC-8496-7252B34AC4AF.jpeg
    45.4 KB · Views: 51
I’d like to challenge the idea that many right wingers have that motivate them to support the police. I myself used to be a right winger, now I don’t really feel like I fit in on any political compass. I’d like to show that...

Starting with the first, there are numerous Supreme Court rulings all of which have stated that the police do not have an obligation to protect you if you’re in danger. And secondly, consider the following cases:
1. In 1999, after local law enforcement failed to catch a burglar who had burglarized the same home several times, the homeowner set a shotgun trap which wounded the thief, resulting in him being caught. The homeowner was promptly jailed for 6 months and fined $10,000. Yes, the judge was obviously culpable in this case, but the judge himself doesn’t do the legwork. It’s the cops.
2. After a mob formed outside his home, shouting at the homeowner in question over a yard sign and blasting loud music, the homeowner, without leaving his home fetched his rifle. The police arrived...and the homeowner was arrested for brandishing. No judges here, this was simply the police acting of their own accord.
3. It is a matter of fact that the police have stood down in many cities and simply watched as rioters destroyed innocent people’s entire livelihoods. Their defense? They were just following orders. The age old defense of war criminals.
4. Finally, when it comes to gun grabs, you know who actually grabs guns? It’s not the, “libtards” or, “demonrats.” It’s the police. They’re the ones who literally knock on your door over a bogus and unconstitutional red flag seizure and take your gun away. The authoritarians give the marching orders, and the cops? They don’t care about you. They’ll do as they’re told.

Ultimately, I encourage many people on this site to reconsider their support for police. Remember, unless you live in a city which has abolished the 2A, then you are more than capable of keeping yourself safe from danger. It is the cops who serve authoritarian bureaucrats who will deprive you of that capability.

You failed to list the cities and the party in charge of the police where those incidents took place.

when trying to make a rational argument or discussion I suggest next time you dont start out by lying like you did here,,,

You failed to list the cities and the party in charge of the police where those incidents took place.
They’re democratic cities, obviously. But I actually addressed that line of argument. Saying you didn’t protect people’s livelihoods because you were just following orders is a Nuremberg defense.

Sounds like you're describing the typical Democrat run shit-hole.

when trying to make a rational argument or discussion I suggest next time you dont start out by lying like you did here,,,
When trying to derail the discussion, I suggest you actually express your disagreement clearly, rather than just making some nebulous and broad accusation of deceit on my part. What are you accusing me of lying about?

Again, this is basically a Nuremberg defense.

when trying to make a rational argument or discussion I suggest next time you dont [sic] start out by lying like you did here,,,

If he were to follow that advice, then I don't think he'd have any argument left to make.
Not a rebuttal.

Well said.

Even though what you said was in fact true, in regard to their role and the fact that they are under no obligation to protect anyone, the police are still under a chain of command which directs them to act or not act....They are, in the end, the playthings of state and local politicians.

Well said.

Even though what you said was in fact true, in regard to their role and the fact that they are under no obligation to protect anyone, the police are still under a chain of command which directs them to act or not act....They are, in the end, the playthings of state and local politicians.
And obviously spineless enough to forget that they have the ability, and moral obligation to tell their masters, “fuck no, that’s the wrong thing to do, and I’m not gonna do it” when their masters order them to do some unamerican shit like enforce a red flag warrant, or arrest someone for defending their home.

When trying to derail the discussion, I suggest you actually express your disagreement clearly, rather than just making some nebulous and broad accusation of deceit on my part. What are you accusing me of lying about?
how do I express something when you twist/lie in your first comment???

you said they dont help us and then twisted it to supreme court saying they dont protect us,,

thats two different things,,,

you said they dont help us and then twisted it to supreme court saying they dont protect us,,

The Supreme Court case in question stemmed from an incident in which the police refused to help people who were obviously in danger. Maybe I didn’t express that as well as I could have, but I’d like to hope that you could connect the dots on your own there and realize that the Supreme Court rules on cases based on actual events that happen.

You were NEVER a Conservative.

That is a LIE.

Your talking points are 100% pure Leftist Marxist Propaganda.

Which of course are also based on LIES.

Thread FAIL !!

The Supreme Court case in question stemmed from an incident in which the police refused to help people who were obviously in danger. Maybe I didn’t express that as well as I could have, but I’d like to hope that you could connect the dots on your own there and realize that the Supreme Court rules on cases based on actual events that happen.
then why did your #1 comment say " they arent there to help us"

cops help millions of people each yr,,,

You were NEVER a Conservative.

Your talking points are 100% pure Leftist Propaganda.
How do you want your crow? I literally voted Trump in the ‘16 primary and general. You haven’t actually addressed a single one of my talking points. How is support of self defense and opposition to red flag warrants a leftist talking point?

Attachments

• 63BD1D50-EC5C-4982-9764-73D561B3FEA3.jpeg
    63BD1D50-EC5C-4982-9764-73D561B3FEA3.jpeg
    185.3 KB · Views: 19

Well said.

And obviously spineless enough to forget that they have the ability, and moral obligation to tell their masters, “fuck no, that’s the wrong thing to do, and I’m not gonna do it” when their masters order them to do some unamerican shit like enforce a red flag warrant, or arrest someone for defending their home.
Well, there's that, yes....And I'll even throw in that they've also been turned into defacto revenue agents for The State, with the numerous civil infractions that they constantly harass the populace with, for good measure.

But I was speaking more in the realm of being directed to not act, as they have been in Baltimore, Ferguson, Minneapolis, Portland, Seattle, etcetera.

They also harm millions of people a year. And again, my point was that they don’t actually have any legal obligation to help you, and the court ruled that after a very egregious instance of them failing to help someone.

Wow really? Sounds like you have a vivid imagination. Use that imagination, just imagine you had a real job, do you tell your boss "fuck no" you're NOT going to do what you were told. How long would you last?

They also harm millions of people a year. And again, my point was that they don’t actually have any legal obligation to help you, and the court ruled that after a very egregious instance of them failing to help someone.
your twisting the facts again,,,

why do you keep switching between HELP and PROTECT???

they help millions of people each yr,,,

Forum List

Back