Right wingers, why did Andy Cuomo's COVID response become so popular?

Yes I saw the Cuomo brother goofing off on Chris' show. So what? I don't think that was a large factor in his popularity. Hannity and Trump would pussyfoot on the reg on Fox and I don't think it mattered much in the grand scheme.

You asked why Cuomo‘s COVID response was so popular in the beginning. People unfortunately believe the liberal media and all the nice things it says about Democrats because they find politics boring and rarely spend much time researching the news. Occasionally they wake up and realize the liberal media has its collective head up its ass and is painting a villain as a hero.

You would think the average person would learn to distrust the liberal media but while trust is at an all time low they don’t always question a report.

I’d agree with you except for the fact that Cuomos popularity arose from his press briefings about COVID. It was some news anchors praising him and telling the public that they had to like the governor. Most people were locked in and thirsty to know what the hell was going on. There was a void of trustworthy information coming from the White House. Cuomo filled that void by laying out the facts in a very nonpolitical way.

This is a question for right wingers, I want to see who if any out there have an objective understanding of the "how" and "why's" of what happened. It's a very simple question. Why did the public gravitate in such a positive way to Gov Cuomo during the early stages of the pandemic?

An intelligent reply will address the question and answer it honestly. The answer is pretty simple IMO.

A low IQ reply will attack Cuomo for the nursing home situation and try to redirect the topic of the thread.

Lets see who is who.

Left wingers, please give the RWers the opportunity to answer the OP and then feel free to respond in kind.
Because the media lied about it.
How so?. What lie did the media tell that made people love the gov?

This is a question for right wingers, I want to see who if any out there have an objective understanding of the "how" and "why's" of what happened. It's a very simple question. Why did the public gravitate in such a positive way to Gov Cuomo during the early stages of the pandemic?

An intelligent reply will address the question and answer it honestly. The answer is pretty simple IMO.

A low IQ reply will attack Cuomo for the nursing home situation and try to redirect the topic of the thread.

Lets see who is who.

Left wingers, please give the RWers the opportunity to answer the OP and then feel free to respond in kind.

Fredo is considered virtually a "god" in New York, and his word is considered sancrosanct. Those who question him are called "haters". Magnify that with the media so solidly behind him, what would you expect?
What is it about him that makes people see him as a god in NY?

Lets see who is who.

I recall early that Andy was working with Trump and stated his appreciation that the Feds were helping him.

I don't recall your unsupported claim Republicans actually supported Cumo's "COVID Response" though. It was just unusual for a fascist Democrat to back of the rhetoric.

Please show where Republicans supported Cuomo's "Covid Response." Link?

LOL, I crack myself up. You're going to back up your bull shit with a link. LOL. Sure you are
I never said Republicans supported Cuomo. Where did you get that from?

I didn't get it from anywhere, stupid fascist fuck. I asked you where you in the THREAD TITLE that Republicans supported Biden's COVID RESPONSE.

"
"

I never said you said they "SUPPORTED CUOMO."

So ... again, where did you get that Republicans supported Cuomo's "COVID RESPONSE?" The question I asked you. Twice
You literally wrote "your unsupported claim Republicans actually supported Cumo's "COVID Response"

You're saying I claimed that Republicans supported Cuomo. I never made that claim. You're an idiot with reading comprehension problems. I can't help you with that. Try a tutor.

I never said you said Republicans supported "Cuomo." How stupid are you?
You said I made an unsupported claim Republicans actually supported Cumo's "COVID Response". I literally just pasted your quote. Something is wrong with you. Stop wasting my time with this BS. You're acting like a child

Ding ding ding. You literally posted my quote and got it right this time. Nice job, jackass. Now that you quoted it ... correctly ... do you notice I did NOT say your butt fart where you said I claimed Republicans supported "CUOMO." Supporting someone's policy on something is not the same as supporting the person. God you're stupid.

As for that now you want to keep bickering and claim that something being "widely supported" doesn't mean you claim that support went beyond Democrats, pass. That is just too far above your intelligence level
Jesus you are such a child. I’m not into playing low IQ word games with you. If you can’t carry on a conversation without needing 5 back and forths to clarify one word then I have zero interest in engaging with you. Stop wasting my time with this BS. It’s weak and petty trolling

Lets see who is who.

I recall early that Andy was working with Trump and stated his appreciation that the Feds were helping him.

I don't recall your unsupported claim Republicans actually supported Cumo's "COVID Response" though. It was just unusual for a fascist Democrat to back of the rhetoric.

LOL, I crack myself up. You're going to back up your bull shit with a link. LOL. Sure you are

I didn't get it from anywhere, stupid fascist fuck. I asked you where you in the THREAD TITLE that Republicans supported Biden's COVID RESPONSE.

"
"

So ... again, where did you get that Republicans supported Cuomo's "COVID RESPONSE?" The question I asked you. Twice
You literally wrote "your unsupported claim Republicans actually supported Cumo's "COVID Response"

You're saying I claimed that Republicans supported Cuomo. I never made that claim. You're an idiot with reading comprehension problems. I can't help you with that. Try a tutor.

You said I made an unsupported claim Republicans actually supported Cumo's "COVID Response". I literally just pasted your quote. Something is wrong with you. Stop wasting my time with this BS. You're acting like a child

Ding ding ding. You literally posted my quote and got it right this time. Nice job, jackass. Now that you quoted it ... correctly ... do you notice I did NOT say your butt fart where you said I claimed Republicans supported "CUOMO." Supporting someone's policy on something is not the same as supporting the person. God you're stupid.

As for that now you want to keep bickering and claim that something being "widely supported" doesn't mean you claim that support went beyond Democrats, pass. That is just too far above your intelligence level
Jesus you are such a child. I’m not into playing low IQ word games with you. If you can’t carry on a conversation without needing 5 back and forths to clarify one word then I have zero interest in engaging with you. Stop wasting my time with this BS. It’s weak and petty trolling

Endless dancing, you still haven't answered my question where Democrats supported Cuomo's "COVID response." I remember them complimenting Cuomo at the time for crediting Trump with supporting him. But that doesn't imply that they supported his Covid policy as you claimed.

I guess you know that too since you won't address the question and you keep spinning

Lets see who is who.

"
"

Endless dancing, you still haven't answered my question where Democrats supported Cuomo's "COVID response." I remember them complimenting Cuomo at the time for crediting Trump with supporting him. But that doesn't imply that they supported his Covid policy as you claimed.

I guess you know that too since you won't address the question and you keep spinning
You asked where Republicans supported Cuomos Covid response... something I never claimed. Now you’re asking about democrats. I’m not playing your games. If you don’t want to believe that Cuomo got popular from his Covid response then you go right ahead and believe that. Many in this actual thread will contradict you. I have no interest in trying to convince you about the obvious.

You asked where Republicans supported Cuomos Covid response... something I never claimed

Thread title:

"
"

God you're stupid. You're a liar, but your stupidity dominates it

Lets see who is who.

For the most part, the trump Nazis responses echo every lie their wannbe führer told them. Joseph Goebbels would be so very proud.

Yes I saw the Cuomo brother goofing off on Chris' show. So what? I don't think that was a large factor in his popularity. Hannity and Trump would pussyfoot on the reg on Fox and I don't think it mattered much in the grand scheme.

You asked why Cuomo‘s COVID response was so popular in the beginning. People unfortunately believe the liberal media and all the nice things it says about Democrats because they find politics boring and rarely spend much time researching the news. Occasionally they wake up and realize the liberal media has its collective head up its ass and is painting a villain as a hero.

You would think the average person would learn to distrust the liberal media but while trust is at an all time low they don’t always question a report.

I’d agree with you except for the fact that Cuomos popularity arose from his press briefings about COVID. It was some news anchors praising him and telling the public that they had to like the governor. Most people were locked in and thirsty to know what the hell was going on. There was a void of trustworthy information coming from the White House. Cuomo filled that void by laying out the facts in a very nonpolitical way.
Bull.

He did not become popular because he filled any particular void for information. He became popular because he was rather consistently attacking Trump and playing the politics of the situation. He said things like 'You pick the 26,000 that are going to die' because he wanted more ventilators that he did not need and was well aware that there were not sent because he did not need them at that time. Rather than turning them over, FEMA kept them in reserve in case another state needed them before NY did.

And, of course, turns out it was nothing more than sky is falling hyperbolae. Cuomo did not get super popular because he was avoiding playing politics but rather because he was directly playing politics and made a good stooge for the media to hold up against Trump. It was rather telling that the tag line was Trump was so horrible because death rates were so high followed by the outright lie that the US was doing worse than any other industrialized nation on the planet but when it comes to Cuomo leading the death rates by significant margins its all about how wonderful he was.

If you really think that he was given an Emmy because he was not playing then you are willfully ignoring what actually happened.

Lets see who is who.

That's easy. It's the typical propaganda pushed by our lying media. The information about Cuomo's orders forcing nursing homes to take COVID positive patients which resulted in the deaths of thousands of elderly has been out there since the spring, but the media was too obsessed with The Don to do their jobs and be journalists and actually dig into this. They adored his press conferences, fawned over that interview with his brother on CNN (for which he was embarrassingly awarded an Emmy), and glorified this man every step of the way because it made Trump look even worse. I have never seen such a more blatant case of media bias than I have with their elevation of a failed and corrupt man like Andrew Cuomo. The only reason they are forced to cover it now is because the whistleblower on his staff has forced their hand.

The information about Cuomo's orders forcing nursing homes to take COVID positive patients which resulted in the deaths of thousands of elderly has been out there since the spring
Really? We have the info that this directly caused the infection and death of thousands of seniors? I have looked for that. I couldn't find any such evidence. Could you link to some?

You asked where Republicans supported Cuomos Covid response... something I never claimed

Thread title:

"
"

God you're stupid. You're a liar, but your stupidity dominates it
Yes, I'm asking a questions to Right wingers. I am asking them why Cuomo's Covid responds became so popular. Why do I need to explain this to you it isn't complicated. Most others on this thread understood. I'm sorry if you are confused but thats a YOU problem.

Bull.

He did not become popular because he filled any particular void for information. He became popular because he was rather consistently attacking Trump and playing the politics of the situation. He said things like 'You pick the 26,000 that are going to die' because he wanted more ventilators that he did not need and was well aware that there were not sent because he did not need them at that time. Rather than turning them over, FEMA kept them in reserve in case another state needed them before NY did.

And, of course, turns out it was nothing more than sky is falling hyperbolae. Cuomo did not get super popular because he was avoiding playing politics but rather because he was directly playing politics and made a good stooge for the media to hold up against Trump. It was rather telling that the tag line was Trump was so horrible because death rates were so high followed by the outright lie that the US was doing worse than any other industrialized nation on the planet but when it comes to Cuomo leading the death rates by significant margins its all about how wonderful he was.

If you really think that he was given an Emmy because he was not playing then you are willfully ignoring what actually happened.

He played politics at the end. Not at the beginning when he was complimenting Trump for sending the ship and resources to set up more beds. When the ventilator situation got botched and states had to battle and outbid each other then he got critical of Trump. The book was a joke and totally political, who the hell writes a book while dealing with a pandemic?! but that came after he's popularity. Cuomo and Fauci had a style of communication that laid out the facts and gave real impression of the situation, what they know, and what their plan was. Trump would come out and brag about how amazing of a job he was doing and how this thing is almost over.

Lets see who is who.

That's easy. It's the typical propaganda pushed by our lying media. The information about Cuomo's orders forcing nursing homes to take COVID positive patients which resulted in the deaths of thousands of elderly has been out there since the spring, but the media was too obsessed with The Don to do their jobs and be journalists and actually dig into this. They adored his press conferences, fawned over that interview with his brother on CNN (for which he was embarrassingly awarded an Emmy), and glorified this man every step of the way because it made Trump look even worse. I have never seen such a more blatant case of media bias than I have with their elevation of a failed and corrupt man like Andrew Cuomo. The only reason they are forced to cover it now is because the whistleblower on his staff has forced their hand.
He got an Emmy for an interview he had with his Brother?! Thats the first I've heard of that.

It was more than just the media who fawned over him... If he wasn't popular with the people then his coverage would not have lasted. I was out in California and many I knew were tuning into his pressers because they trusted them more than what what coming out of the White House.

Are you really questioning why the media didn't cover the retarded story that he killed seniors?! The claim on its face goes right into the Q basket. If you want to sound at least a little objective and critique it in a rational way then I think there is a very valid discussion to be had, as I do believe he made a bad call with that order and should have handled things in a different way... He and many other states/governors who did the same thing.

Lets see who is who.

I can tell you why, I was stuck at the doctor's office waiting room, and they had Fox News on, and all they talked about for an hour was Cuomo. You can pretty much draw a straight line between what Fox News is reporting and what Trumpists are bleating about on this forum.

Bull.

He played politics at the end. Not at the beginning when he was complimenting Trump for sending the ship and resources to set up more beds. When the ventilator situation got botched and states had to battle and outbid each other then he got critical of Trump. The book was a joke and totally political, who the hell writes a book while dealing with a pandemic?! but that came after he's popularity. Cuomo and Fauci had a style of communication that laid out the facts and gave real impression of the situation, what they know, and what their plan was. Trump would come out and brag about how amazing of a job he was doing and how this thing is almost over.

The ventilators were the beginning. We found out rather quickly that ventilators do not help.

So, no. He did not play politics at the end. He played it throughout and that is exactly the reason that he became popular. The media was looking for a 'hero' (for lack of a better term) to stand up against the 'villain.'

It is all about setting up the narrative right from the get go.

And then Fauci is the same damn story. The media love affair with Fauci is maddening - he has been on every side of every issue throughout this entire ordeal. Don't wear masks, do wear masks, now wear 2 masks, wait only 1 mask....

The last thing that Fauci inspires is trust.

But, again, because he is a foil against Trump that is ignored. God forbid anyone that is competent actually take center stage in government - Cuomo and Fauci sure the hell are not.

Last edited:
The ventilators were the beginning. We found out rather quickly that ventilators do not help.
I am not sure what universe you are living in, but ventilators absolutely are still in the treatment path and are still saving lives from covid.

I am not sure what universe you are living in, but ventilators absolutely are still in the treatment path and are still saving lives from covid.
Last resort. We have learned that it actually is better to have the patient fight on their own as on a ventilator the body stops fighting as it relies on a machine. You're a moron.

Lets see who is who.

His brother works for CNN. Urban lefties eat up fake news.
CNN anchor Chris Cuomo raised eyebrows when he suggested that the George Floyd protesters don't have to be "polite and peaceful.

Forum List

Back