Right as usual Mr. Trump - NFL protesters should be canned

I'll be curious to briefly click on the games tomorrow and see if attendance is affected.
Already has for the Thursday night game. Granted you're going to have regular attendance at games like where the previous champions play. But like a browns game it could look bad.

Kneeling for the anthem is cornball activism.

Fucking pussies. Do some real shit like Jim Brown.
LOL I doubt a number of these self entitled athletes will leave their gravy train.

There are real things they can do in the community while also playing football, and there is plenty they can do in the community when they retire.

Spending time with at risk kids is a start.

Taking a knee for 90 seconds before a game isn't shit.
The worst part is President Trump is just replying to all the hate athletes like Lebron James have been doing the with shit talking. Towards Trump and especially military. It's sad! Like, yes the president follows the NFL. He can have hobbies too like any normal human being.

Exactly.

Obama always did a march madness bracket.

There is nothing wrong with that at all.

It's funny that kneeling for 90 seconds has turned into a big deal.

Marshall Lynch has been doing it for years, but no one has said anything about it.

Lynch was doing his own thing and not just trying to draw attention to himself.

Maybe the other sports like football adopted it during WWII, but it actually started in 1918.
From the archives: History of national anthem in sports

"The Star-Spangled Banner" was adopted as the official national anthem by U.S. President Woodrow Wilsonin 1916, and was made the national anthem by a congressional resolution on March 3, 1931. Before that time, a number of songs were used as unofficial national anthems, including "My Country, 'Tis of Thee" and "Hail, Columbia".

Let me see if I have this straight. Football players should be fired for committing a non-violent act of protest in accordance with their first amendment rights as American citizens. This according to the current president and his supporters who claim the constitution should be interpreted as written, and for whom the second amendment should be held in higher esteem than any other amendment.

If I turn on my favorite live broadcast TV show and the star of the show wore a T-Shirt that said 'Cut taxes or die!' I would not appreciate seeing that. I am watching that show for entertainment, and I dont want political bullshit to invade that forum. And the actor has no right to express his politics in an entertainment show.

It really is not hard to grasp, and this is also the same Nitwit Felons League that threatened to fine players who wore shoes commemorating 9-11.

So if the NFL threatened to fine these ass holes they might save their viewership.

Contrarily, football players who assault their wives or girlfriends should not be summarily fired, but accorded due process under the law.
Yes, they get due process until they are actually convicted of a crime, you know guilt established first before punishment?

Ever hear of that?

Maybe the other sports like football adopted it during WWII, but it actually started in 1918.

"The Star-Spangled Banner" was adopted as the official national anthem by U.S. President Woodrow Wilsonin 1916, and was made the national anthem by a congressional resolution on March 3, 1931. Before that time, a number of songs were used as unofficial national anthems, including "My Country, 'Tis of Thee" and "Hail, Columbia".

I like the current one. It has a nice punchy, in-your-face lilt to it.

It's funny that kneeling for 90 seconds has turned into a big deal..

Yet you bitched saying they should have done more.

Yes, I did.

I said they should actually help in the community. Hell, take a knee and also directly help in the community. It would be more sincere.

Look into what Jim Brown does in the community. That is what I am talking about. Jim actually opined on Capernick...

Jim Brown: Colin Kaepernick needs to choose between being activist or football player

If I turn on my favorite live broadcast TV show and the star of the show wore a T-Shirt that said 'Cut taxes or die!' I would not appreciate seeing that. I am watching that show for entertainment, and I dont want political bullshit to invade that forum. And the actor has no right to express his politics in an entertainment show.

You must really hate going to a Bob Dylan concert, and watch him sing "hurricaine"

You go to a Neil Young concert and he plays his protest shit

Tin soldiers and Nixon coming
We're finally on our own
This summer I hear the drumming
Four dead in Ohio

There outta be a law against entertainers doing that ;)

The employer has the right to prohibit his employees protesting anything during their work hours. That's the bottom line. When they get off work, they can protest along with the St. Louis criminals robbing stores on their own time.

Actually, refusing to play the part of puppet for a patriotism-prostitution parade isn't an "act of protest". It isn't an act at all. It's the refusal TO act.
^^^^This would be interesting if you haven't displayed your anti-American stance over and over again on this very board, Pogster. If the players do not like the American Anthem, making millions in the very country they despise, they can GTFO and take you with them. Nobody knows what they protest anyway.

Once AGAIN for the slowfooted reader --- "the anthem" itself is in no way the point here. PIMPING IT is the point.
^^^^Once more you are displaying the little man syndrome what plagues your life. Playing the national anthem regularly at sporting events dates back to WWII where (yes) the government was whipping up nationalist emotions in order to gain popular support in fighting somebody else's war in Europe.
https://www.quora.com/How-did-the-N...t-the-beginning-of-American-pro-sports-events

Actually little man, your link says nothing about the NFL --- which didn't have players on the field, let alone standing, for a national anthem until 2009. Eight years ago.

Moreover I already posted about the jingoistic mob war mentality that birthed it 99 years ago in baseball, complete with temporal contexts of the Montana Sedition Law and the Palmer Raids, several hours ago.

What I think they really want is immunity. Immunity to do whatever they damn well please and if you say one word against them you are labeled a racism, or now the more contemporary term, Nationalist. They want to loot in Florida and to stop them or even point out the looting is profiling.

indeed

out here we shoot looters on sight

dont see any of it here after a disaster

weird huh

Yeah, they shoot, they shoot videos of it happening. I pity the poor cop who would happen to shoot one of them. Better to let lawlessness abound then to be set upon by the race pimps.
I'm curious. What does that have to do with football?
What does kneeling at games have to do with football? Just curious.

Same as a national anthem--- absolutely zero.

The basic reason there's any national anthem at any sports goes back to 99 years ago when it started in baseball.

Baseball was "America's National Pastime" then and NFL didn't exist,which is why it became the target for reaching a vulnerable captive audience. It was part of the massive robot mentality jingoism that the population snorted a great big fat line of in order to deal with the Great War, later renamed World War One. It was the same year (1918) that people like Earnest Starr (in Montana of all places) were jailed for refusing to kiss a flag, such was the level of knee-jerk mob mentality behavior. It was the year before the infamous Palmer Raids rounded up and deported political prisoners. HERE. In America. It was the same robotic foam-at-the-mouth mentality that would rip a pet dog from its owner and stone it to death in the street, because the dog was a Dachshund, and that's a German name. That's where mob mentality hair-on-fire emotional meltdown leads.

THAT is what's being remembered and rekindled every time a baseball field full of Dominicans and Cubans and Japanese and Venezuelans and Canadians and Koreans and Colombians and even a few Americans, stop everything and run through fake charades of the national anthem and "God Bless America" that have absolutely zero to do with that game too.

And that's what the NFL began to emulate. The same blind mob mentality that jailed and deported people for their opinions and for refusing to march lockstep with all the rah-rah fake patriotism. That's what Rump is pimping for too. And it's about goddam time somebody stood up to this dishonest fucking bullshit.

You keep trying to catch up now, little guy. :itsok:

Last edited:

My mother, who was a musician of sorts, always pointed out that it was damnably difficult for the average person to sing due to the range.

They aren't "NFL protesters", they are players who prefer to disrespect everything the United States stands for as illustrated by the Flag. and the Anthem. The 1st Amendment gives NFL players and kids who are taught to emulate NFL players the right to disrespect the Flag and the Country and tradition but it also gives patriotic citizens the right to disrespect them. The President was absolutely right when he said that football fans should pack up and leave the stadium or turn off the game when the Flag and the Country is intentionally disrespected. Sooner or later the NFL will come around when liberals start losing franchises and money.

My mother, who was a musician of sorts, always pointed out that it was damnably difficult for the average person to sing due to the range.

Most make the mistake of starting too high. It is a range-y piece, though. Start too high and your eyeballs will explode on "laaaa-aand of the FREEEEEEEEEE ..."

:laugh:

They aren't "NFL protesters", they are players who prefer to disrespect everything the United States stands for as illustrated by the Flag. and the Anthem. The 1st Amendment gives NFL players and kids who are taught to emulate NFL players the right to disrespect the Flag and the Country and tradition but it also gives patriotic citizens the right to disrespect them. The President was absolutely right when he said that football fans should pack up and leave the stadium or turn off the game when the Flag and the Country is intentionally disrespected. Sooner or later the NFL will come around when liberals start losing franchises and money.
Perhaps it is the ultimate "respect" for what our country stands for that these players have the freedom to sit out the national anthem if they choose.
I don't care if they do or not, but it seems to me that those of you who want to punish them for their quiet protest are being a wee bit fascist? Of course, now that Trump has made his decree, all the Trumpsters will be defending that stance, whether or not they cared about it yesterday.

Yet you bitched saying they should have done more.

Yes, I did.

I said they should actually help in the community. Hell, take a knee and also directly help in the community. It would be more sincere.
Do you have a citation that they're not doing any community projects?

They're clearly not doing enough if they are participating in community projects.

You can go ahead and list them and I will have to stand corrected.

Most make the mistake of starting too high. It is a range-y piece, though. Start too high and your eyeballs will explode on "laaaa-aand of the FREEEEEEEEEE ..."

:laugh:
And we have all heard many examples of that, even by pros.

That's what we get for using a drinking song. :alcoholic:

The 1st Amendment gives NFL players and kids who are taught to emulate NFL players the right to disrespect the Flag and the Country and tradition but it also gives patriotic citizens the right to disrespect them. .

George W. Bush while president wrote on the flag, and stepped on the flag. Two signs of disrespect, but no outrage.

Forum List

Back