Rick Santorum says GOP Will Never Have Smart People. Why do Republicans "cheer"?

Rick Santorum LMBAO!!!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkjbJOSwq3A]Santorum: Obama "A Snob" For Wanting Everyone To Go To College - YouTube[/ame]

Okay, someone is going to have to help me here. Rick Santorum ran for President. He lost in the primary because most Republicans did not believe he represented their personal views, wasn't the right man for the job, etc. So now, if he says something, we can assign that to ALL Republicans? Really?

So now I am assuming that the ONLY people who can paint with that broad of a brush is the left-wing? But this really doesn't shock me, coming from RDean. I'm a little disappointed that Truthmatters, Chris and Ravi hasn't jumped in here to give their psychotic talking points as well.

It's called freedom of speech. I realize that for the left, freedom of speech only means that which is 'approved', but actually it means any speech (with modest restrictions of course). And yes, that means if someone wants to go out and make a movie defaming Mohammed, then in America, that is okay (at least for now). I realize that the brand of evangelical christianity that Rick Santorum ascribes to is nothing short of disgusting and a crime against humanity in the opinion of the left. And that right now it does not have the same positive aura ascribed to Islam by the left, but I have a feeling that we don't have all of the context of the speech in that little blurb. I know, shocking isn't it?

You've really got to do better than this...

Apparently sarcasm is lost on most liberals.. :lol: I've always thought they lacked sense of humor, but now there's proof! ;)

Okay, someone is going to have to help me here. Rick Santorum ran for President. He lost in the primary because most Republicans did not believe he represented their personal views, wasn't the right man for the job, etc. So now, if he says something, we can assign that to ALL Republicans? Really?

So now I am assuming that the ONLY people who can paint with that broad of a brush is the left-wing? But this really doesn't shock me, coming from RDean. I'm a little disappointed that Truthmatters, Chris and Ravi hasn't jumped in here to give their psychotic talking points as well.

It's called freedom of speech. I realize that for the left, freedom of speech only means that which is 'approved', but actually it means any speech (with modest restrictions of course). And yes, that means if someone wants to go out and make a movie defaming Mohammed, then in America, that is okay (at least for now). I realize that the brand of evangelical christianity that Rick Santorum ascribes to is nothing short of disgusting and a crime against humanity in the opinion of the left. And that right now it does not have the same positive aura ascribed to Islam by the left, but I have a feeling that we don't have all of the context of the speech in that little blurb. I know, shocking isn't it?

You've really got to do better than this...

No worries. It's just another rdean thread desperate in it's attempt to keep the conversation away from the failure in the Whitehouse, Barack Obama.

Apparently sarcasm is lost on most liberals.. :lol: I've always thought they lacked sense of humor, but now there's proof! ;)

It wasn't sarcasm. It was sneering toward "eggheads".

Yeah, sure it was, that's why all of us on the 'right' label all of those on the left as the 'elite and intelligent', right? :lol: It's a label that those on the left give to themselves, and he was using it as such. ;)

Rick Santorum: GOP Will Never Have Elite, Smart People - YouTube

I'm sorry people. That just doesn't make sense to me. Where are the Republicans standing up and saying, "Hey, we have smart people. We want more smart people."?

Mitt Romney Criticizes President Obama For Wanting To Hire More Police, Firemen and Teachers - YouTube

Immigration | Mitt Romney for President

And look here. Mitt saying "fewer teachers" to a cheering base? And on his website, he wants to bring immigrants here with advanced degrees so he can help them start businesses? And his base cheers? Can right wingers explain that to me? Sure, I want immigrants to come here who have advanced degrees. But how come I want AMERICANS to be able to go to school and earn some of those advanced degrees and the right wing doesn't seem to want to? How can I want that but not the Republican base. Do Republicans want "bosses with accents"? Is that it? That's the goal?[/QUOTE]

Because police, firemen, and teachers aren't American, or taxpayers themselves.. And no, assholes, SMART people DON'T like your policies, DUH.

And absolutely, republicans want bosses with accents. Think about that. People from other countries will not understand the history of labor and its struggles in the US. They are here on visa, subservient to their masters, and bring an authoritarian mindset to their positions of power over their American underlings, with no real knowledge of US labor laws.

Such hysteria over yet another out of context bullshit OP. Rdean, please remain in the Democratic Party... you're 'smarts' the GOP really does not need.

Such hysteria over yet another out of context bullshit OP. Rdean, please remain in the Democratic Party... you're 'smarts' the GOP really does not need.

How the FUCK is an original post out of context? Please, CALI, enlighten us. Does it not address what it addresses? Does it talk about something else? Where ARE the smart people of the GOP screaming to be heard?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n5oa55EsmI]Santorum: "We Will Never Have The Elite, Smart People On Our Side" - YouTube[/ame]

Obama's Remarks at Remarks at a Democratic issues conference, Jan. 27, 2012. “They don’t all have to go to four-year colleges and universities — although we need more engineers and we need more scientists, and we’ve got to make sure that college is affordable and accessible. But we also need skilled workers who are going to community colleges, or middle-aged workers who are allowed to retrain, have a commitment to work, have that work ethic, but want to make sure that technology is not passing them by — and so focusing on our community colleges, and making sure that they’re matched up with businesses that are hiring right now, and making sure that they help to design the programs that are going to put them — put people in place to get those jobs right away.”

Shortly thereafter, Rick Santorum says:

"President Obama once said he wants everybody in America to go to college," Santorum said. "What a snob.”

Rick Santorum believes Obama wants to 'indoctrinate' students by encouraging higher college enrollment. The GOP hopeful sat down with Glenn Beck for a wide-ranging interview that aired Thursday, and he warned that higher education leads to secularization.

“I understand why Barack Obama wants to send every kid to college, because of their indoctrination mills, absolutely," he said. "The indoctrination that is going on at the university level is a harm to our country.”

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoSmWK_-x4g]Mitt Romney Criticizes President Obama For Wanting To Hire More Police, Firemen and Teachers - YouTube[/ame]

Immigration | Mitt Romney for President

To ensure that America continues to lead the world in innovation and economic dynamism, a Romney administration would press for an immigration policy designed to maximize America’s economic potential. Foreign-born residents with advanced degrees start companies, create jobs, and drive innovation at a high rate.

Every foreign student who obtains an advanced degree in math, science, or engineering at a U.S. university should be granted permanent residency.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See what I mean? The Republican leadership is trying to sell this notion the GOP is filled with stupid people and that it's a "good" thing. They are downing education saying it's for snobs. Mitt Romney is saying he wants to cut teachers and in Philadelphia got into it with teachers because he said he wanted larger class sizes. And what were the class sizes at his private school? 12 or 13? See, with a larger class size, we can have fewer teachers.

When Mitt Romney is talking about the 47%, he isn't talking about the same half of the country the 90% white Republican Party hates. Republicans are a huge part of that 47%. This is why his plan is to bring immigrants here with degrees and help them start companies. The Republican leadership by saying the GOP has no smart people is part of the plan to make Republicans "happy" they're stupid. Mitt could just as easily invest in his Republican base rather than bring immigrants here. But if they are happy being called stupid, cheering fewer teachers and being told education is for snobs, then why bother?

The Democrats want to being immigrants here with degrees, but the difference is, Democrats also want to invest in the American people. Republicans do not.

I've linked to all these stories before. I'm not going to do it again. But, it's obvious, there is no way I could make all this up.

Now you right wingers can say it's just lies, but how do you explain all that video?

Haven't you posted this before?

Similar. But I can's seem to get an answer from the right wing. What about you? Does it bother Republicans that Santorum said they had no smart people? Does it bother Republicans that Romney wants to invest in Immigrants but not in the Republican Party base?

Haven't you posted this before?

Similar. But I can's seem to get an answer from the right wing. What about you? Does it bother Republicans that Santorum said they had no smart people? Does it bother Republicans that Romney wants to invest in Immigrants but not in the Republican Party base?

Oh you didn't catch the sarcasm in there? He was making fun of people that think they are elite and smart. Professors, Media members. They think they are better than everyone but aren't and no amount of fact or reality will ever get them to vote for a conservative.

The fact that a whole bunch of lefties come into another rdean strawman fail post and think it's significant just goes to show that there aren't a lot of intelligent people on the left. Though they feel they must tell themselves that over and over. It's particularly telling that they spend so much time trying to paint conservatives as dumb.

Their insecurities are showing.

I think this helps explain the thread question:

cheering-failure.jpg

Yep. Its true.

They expect him to be everywhere at once, be able to do everything and blame him for not doing things he has no power over.

OTOH, they have no end of excuses for every sin you can imagine IF a pubpot commits it!

So basically you are admitting Obama is not capable of solving our problems, they might as well be Meteors hurtling toward us right?

You people are pathetic, You will never hold Obama accountable for anything.

Simply Pathetic.

Forum List

Back