Rick Perry "Taken Aback"

jillian

Princess
Apr 4, 2006
The Other Side of Paradise
Apparently, the tea loons are a bit much even for governor perry...

Rick Perry 'Taken Aback' By Audience Cheering, Suggesting Society Should Let Uninsured Patient Die: Report

Texas Governor Rick Perry says he was "taken aback" by an incident that occurred at Monday night's Republican presidential debate after U.S. Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) was asked if a man who is sick should be left to die because he is uninsured, according to NBC News.

In addressing the situation that unfolded Perry reportedly said, "We're the party of life."
see video at link:

Rick Perry 'Taken Aback' By Audience Cheering, Suggesting Society Should Let Uninsured Patient Die: Report

Texas Governor Rick Perry says he was "taken aback" by an incident that occurred at Monday night's Republican presidential debate after U.S. Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) was asked if a man who is sick should be left to die because he is uninsured, according to NBC News.

In addressing the situation that unfolded Perry reportedly said, "We're the party of life."
see video at link:

Says a lot about The Tea Party, I like Perry a little more after that comment.

well who the hell wouldn't be taken aback by it, But for you idiots here to automatically ASSUME and BLAME the Tea Party is the desperation we see with you people.

Like I said, Ron Paul has his own following and followers. now go get a life.

AND ANOTHER HUFFINGTON POST...They are friggen all over the place with this SHIT. as most of you here are.

Last edited:
how do you know they were all tea party members. and yeah, it was messed up to laugh and cheer at that.

it was the tea party debate, yurt.

and the only group that has a philosophy that would be consistent with that type of thing would be the tea people...

fwiw, the things i actually like about perry are things the tea people hate about him... i like that he got girls innoculated. and i'm glad he was taken aback by cheering for someone to die.

now... if we can stop pretending the death penalty is something to cheer for, then maybe he's not hopeless

Last edited:
how do you know they were all tea party members. and yeah, it was messed up to laugh and cheer at that.

and the only group that has a philosophy that would be consistent with that type of thing would be the tea people...

you know. I always took you for someone smarter than most on the Left. But lately you are becoming just as BAD for the assumptions OF HOW all people are in the Tea Party. I'm very disappointed.

see video at link:

how so? if a few dems act a certain way, does that say alot about the entire party?

you know. I always took you for someone smarter than most on the Left. But lately you are becoming just as BAD for the assumptions OF HOW all people are in the Tea Party. I'm very disappointed.

You were Mistaken. Jillian loves to lump people into Groups and make assumptions about how they all feel based on the words or Actions of a few.

see video at link:

how so? if a few dems act a certain way, does that say alot about the entire party?

You seem to have forgotten that it was a Tea Party event, and there was an awful lot of cheering.

You were Mistaken. Jillian loves to lump people into Groups and make assumptions about how they all feel based on the words or Actions of a few.

that's really, really, really funny given all the "libs this"...and "libs that... " threads you two have done. love the hypocrisy. but please, feel free to pop into any rightwingnut thread on the board and complain they're lumping "libs" together.

:thup:

But for you idiots here to automatically ASSUME and BLAME the Tea Party is the desperation we see with you people.

Wasn't it a Tea Party backed debate? Why should we NOT assume there were TPers in the room?

you can assume anything you want I guess. It was a debate PUT ON BY THE TEAPARTY.
so does that mean ONLY PEOPLE IN THE TEA PARTY can attend? give us all a break.

fwiw, the things i actually like about perry are things the tea people hate about him... i like that he got girls innoculated. and i'm glad he was taken aback by cheering for someone to die.

now... if we can stop pretending the death penalty is something to cheer for, then maybe he's not hopeless

i have no doubt that most or probably all were tea party members. i also have no doubt that there are plants. it has been done before.

that's really, really, really funny given all the "libs this"...and "libs that... " threads you two have done. love the hypocrisy. but please, feel free to pop into any rightwingnut thread on the board and complain they're lumping "libs" together.

:thup:

All the what threads? Find em? What are you even talking about.

I never, Ever have taken the words of one or two loons in a crowd and tried to say they reflect the Views of the entire crowd, or Political Group.

I dare you to find an example of me doing it.

But for you idiots here to automatically ASSUME and BLAME the Tea Party is the desperation we see with you people.

Wasn't it a Tea Party backed debate? Why should we NOT assume there were TPers in the room?

you can assume anything you want I guess. It was a debate PUT ON BY THE TEAPARTY.
so does that mean ONLY PEOPLE IN THE TEA PARTY can attend? give us all a break.

You're right. I'm sure there was a large number of liberals and progressives fighting over those tickets.

:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back