Rice tells Cain to stop playing the race card

Has the right here ever agreed with any claim of racism that was leveled at a Republican?

I can say this...it appears to me that Cain used race in an attempt to stop the bleeding with the allegations of sexual abuse. Was it warranted? I really dont know. I know nothing of the situation itself...heck, for all we know the accusers were black and therefore he was using race inappropriately...or maybe race WAS a factor.....none of us know for sure.

As for the GOP and one actually acting in a racist manner in recent history?

Not sure if it happened. Cite me an example and I will gladly offer my opinion.

You first answer my question.

Can you find a case of racism leveled against a republican that the right on here didnt attack as a false case by calling it pulling the race card?

It is used in every case here I have ever seen leveled.

Its a blanket excuse for ANY claimed racism.

He was asked outright by Krauthammer if he believed these latest attacks had anything to do with race and he said 'yes'.

So, if he thinks part of the reason for a smear campaign against him is because some of those perpetrating the smear are doing so on account of race, that's "playing the race card?" :cuckoo::eusa_liar:

God damn, but you are one stupid dishonest motherfucker.

well, cain saying that he thinks the attacks are because he is black but he doesnt have any proof of it actually is playing the race card......
Well, no, that's incorrect.

If he thinks it, even if he has no "proof" of it, that's not the same thing as "playing the race card."

Once again, those who make the claim carry the burden of proof.

Probably it would help if they'd define their terms, though.

Cain is a wet behind the ears amateur compared to democrats, lefty media outlets, Revvem Jesse, Al Sharpton, etc ....

So, if he thinks part of the reason for a smear campaign against him is because some of those perpetrating the smear are doing so on account of race, that's "playing the race card?" :cuckoo::eusa_liar:

God damn, but you are one stupid dishonest motherfucker.

well, cain saying that he thinks the attacks are because he is black but he doesnt have any proof of it actually is playing the race card......

If he thinks it, even if he has no "proof" of it, that's not the same thing as "playing the race card."

ok... lets try to define it.....

is wikis definition good?

Race card - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Playing the race card is an idiomatic phrase that refers to exploitation of either racist or (more frequently) anti-racist attitudes to gain a personal advantage, typically by falsely accusing others of racism against oneself.

i cant find any place else that attempts to define what the "race card" means........

The phrase the "race card" was pulled out of the ass of some right wing bigot to shame any claim of racism as false.

Name ONE claim of racism that this phrase is not used on?

The phrase the "race card" was pulled out of the ass of some right wing bigot to shame any claim of racism as false.

Did Johnny Cochrane play the race card in the OJ Simpson murder trial?...... :eusa_whistle:

The race card wont work this time being if Cain is on either end of the ticket, he will bring in a chunk of the black and hispanic vote. How will Obama create 20 Million dead votes in 2012?

Last edited:

You know something, I'm black. You're only disagreeing with me, because you're racist.

Would you agree I'm playing the race card?

nigga, please

It's "Honkey, please."

And repeating the CLAIM that Mr. Cain "has played the race card" a whole lot of times is still not the same thing as his having played the race card.

Those who make that claim have the burden of establishing it.

As Lucius Fox told Coleman Reese when Reese planned on blackmailing the Batman, "... Good luck."

He was asked outright by Krauthammer if he believed these latest attacks had anything to do with race and he said 'yes'.

So in addition to being a race-batting bigot shitstain, you're a liar too?

Has the right here ever agreed with any claim of racism that was leveled at a Republican?

I can say this...it appears to me that Cain used race in an attempt to stop the bleeding with the allegations of sexual abuse. Was it warranted? I really dont know. I know nothing of the situation itself...heck, for all we know the accusers were black and therefore he was using race inappropriately...or maybe race WAS a factor.....none of us know for sure.

As for the GOP and one actually acting in a racist manner in recent history?

Not sure if it happened. Cite me an example and I will gladly offer my opinion.

You first answer my question.

Can you find a case of racism leveled against a republican that the right on here didnt attack as a false case by calling it pulling the race card?

It is used in every case here I have ever seen leveled.

Its a blanket excuse for ANY claimed racism.

I will say it again.

I can not think of a particular incident where racism was called agaiast a GOP member...so please cite me an example of one and I will tell you if, in fact, he should have been denounced by GOP supporters on this site.

nigga, please

It's "Honkey, please."

And repeating the CLAIM that Mr. Cain "has played the race card" a whole lot of times is still not the same thing as his having played the race card.

Those who make that claim have the burden of establishing it.

As Lucius Fox told Coleman Reese when Reese planned on blackmailing the Batman, "... Good luck."

I will ask again as I did earlier...

He did not simply "toss it out there".

He was specificallyt asked HIS OPINION as to whether or not HE BELEIVES the attacks had anythijng to do with race.

In other words, a black man was asked if attacks on him were based on race.

We have "hate laws" now due to the fact that race prompted attacks on black people.

So why is he not allowed to believe his race was a factor in the attacks?

Are all balck people NEVER allowed to say yes to that question?

Playing the race card is an idiomatic phrase that refers to exploitation of either racist or (more frequently) anti-racist attitudes to gain a personal advantage, typically by falsely accusing others of racism against oneself.

i cant find any place else that attempts to define what the "race card" means........

I am not the sole arbiter of whether the Wiki definition is sufficient.

However, if we choose to go with that then I choose to highlight the portion that I find most useful at the moment:

exploitation of either racist or (more frequently) anti-racist attitudes to gain a personal advantage, typically by falsely accusing others of racism against oneself.

Which takes me back to Mr. Cain being ASKED if racial considerations may have played a part in the present smear campaign against him. To the extent that he believes that such considerations WERE part of the motivation, he is perfectly permitted to say so, and that would NOT qualify as "playing the race card" even if his speculation were in fact incorrect.

If he "BELIEVES" it, it is not the same thing as a "false" accusation. One can be mistaken without being a liar, after all.

And if one is asked specifically about a BELIEF, then no answer can (by definition) ever be true or false. The sun sets in the morning is a false statement. IF I know the sun RISES in the morning, and I say it sets in the morning, then I presumably would be lying.

However, if I mistakenly define a scientific principle (due to a genuine confusion on my part) and couch it in terms of "I BELIEVE that science says, X, Y and Z" then although I might be wrong, I would NOT be guilty of lying.

I don't know if God exists. But I believe in God. If I'm asked to state my belief, and I say "I believe in God," then even if it could later be proved that there is not and never was a God, I would not be guilty of lying (or making a false statement). In fact, my statement is true. Even if I'm wrong, I DO believe in God.

Assuming that Mr. Cain thinks that the motivation behind the smear campaign is due (in whole or in part) to racial concerns of those engaging in this smear, then he could not be guilty of "playing the race card."

If you have some evidence that he doesn't believe it, that's another matter, though.

Last edited:

However, if we choose to go with that then I choose to highlight the portion that I find most useful at the moment:

exploitation of either racist or (more frequently) anti-racist attitudes to gain a personal advantage, typically by falsely accusing others of racism against oneself.

Which takes me back to Mr. Cain being ASKED if racial considerations may have played a part in the present smear campaign against him. To the extent that he believes that such considerations WERE part of the motivation, he is perfectly permitted to say so, and that would NOT qualify as "playing the race card" even if his speculation were in fact incorrect.

If he "BELIEVES" it, it is not the same thing as a "false" accusation. One can be mistaken without being a liar, after all.

And if one is asked specifically about a BELIEF, then no answer can (by definition) ever be true or false. The sun sets in the morning is a false statement. IF I know the sun RISES in the morning, and I say it sets in the morning, then I presumably would be lying.

However, if I mistakenly define a scientific principle (due to a genuine confusion on my part) and couch it in terms of "I BELIEVE that science says, X, Y and Z" then although I might be wrong, I would NOT be guilty of lying.

I don't know if God exists. But I believe in God. If I'm asked to state my belief, and I say "I believe in God," then even if it could later be proved that there is not and never was a God, I would not be guilty of lying (or making a false statement). In fact, my statement is true. Even if I'm wrong, I DO believe in God.

Assuming that Mr. Cain thinks that the motivation behind the smear campaign is due (in whole or in part) to racial concerns of those engaging in this smear, then he could nto be guilty of "playing the race card."

If you have some evidence that he doesn't believe it, that's another matter, though.

i'm sure he believes it. I'm also sure if the president ever said the words "it's because i'm black" or assented to them, the entire right-leaning side of the country would keel over in a collective fit of laughter.

Assuming that Mr. Cain thinks that the motivation behind the smear campaign is due (in whole or in part) to racial concerns of those engaging in this smear, then he could not be guilty of "playing the race card."

well, then no one actually ever plays the race card as long as they actually believe that racism is the motivation for the attacks even if there is no actual racist motivation on the part of the attacker.....

by that, it would mean that the "race card" is never actually played since we cant know if the person making the accustaion of racism believes it really is racism or not.........

Assuming that Mr. Cain thinks that the motivation behind the smear campaign is due (in whole or in part) to racial concerns of those engaging in this smear, then he could nto be guilty of "playing the race card."

i'm sure he believes it. I'm also sure if the president ever said the words "it's because i'm black" or assented to them, the entire right-leaning side of the country would keel over in a collective fit of laughter.

I would laugh out loud, indeed.

The man got elected President. So obviously he is not a deeply wounded victim of racism.

Nonetheless, if he were to say that some of the criticism he has gotten IS race-based (i.e., "racist") I not only wouldn't deny it, I'd have to acknowledge it. I've SEEN it. I have even criticized that kind of racist spew when I have noticed it. Like, USAR with his racist simian-based images of the President and the First Lady in his avie. Disgusting racism. It cheapens and undermines ANY criticism he might have of anything done by the President.

Forum List

Back