Rhode Island seeks to purge itself of its racist name

Polishprince

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2016
The official name of the state is "Rhode Island and Providence Plantations", as kids that were in school at the same time I was know.

Because of the racial connotations of the word "Plantation", it is apparently offensive to blacks.

The official name of the state is "Rhode Island and Providence Plantations", as kids that were in school at the same time I was know.

Because of the racial connotations of the word "Plantation", it is apparently offensive to blacks.

Everything is offensive to blacks

they live in a perpetual state of rage

Why aren't blacks ever offended at their own kind in Africa who sold slaves? You would think that would matter more to these people.

It's like blacks today think white supremacists kidnapped thousands of free blacks from Africa and made them slaves.

I think blacks should send me all of their money that has offensive racist Democrats on it. Andrew Jackson for instance.

It's no accident that a great many gated communities have "plantation" in their names.

So you guys are outraged because the state of Rhode Island wants to change its name.
No one call Rhode Island "Rhode Island and Providence Plantations" but you are outraged just the same.
You cats make no sense at all.

So you guys are outraged because the state of Rhode Island wants to change its name.
No one call Rhode Island "Rhode Island and Providence Plantations" but you are outraged just the same.
You cats make no sense at all.

I'm not "outraged" , I'm just amused with the libs as it shows how silly they are.

I'm not "outraged" , I'm just amused with the libs as it shows how silly they are.
The lone Black man in the Rhode Island Senate has renewed the push to remove “Providence Plantations” from Rhode Island’s official name, and he has the Senate leadership’s backing.
Of course this is being led by a Democrat.
He's black.
Wrong color for a Republican.

How would them doing this affect you?

The children are definitely running the show and the parents are nowhere to be found.

Idiotic. There is nothing racist about the word plantation

Everything is offensive to blacks

they live in a perpetual state of rage

This 83-year-old has had quite a few unpleasant experiences with the ethnicity under consideration.

But I do understand why many of them seem to be very angry, bitter, and wary.

They were slaves for a long time, and then they were segregated (de facto and de jure) for a long time.

This experience has got to be at least one reason why their psyche has been scarred.

I do believe the situation is intractable. That is, after Euro-Americans become a small minority, African Americans will have "disagreements" with the new majority ethnicity.

Yes, ethnicity is the Achilles' heel of this country.

They were slaves for a long time, and then they were segregated (de facto and de jure) for a long time.
Wrong

none of the black criminals rioting in the streets was ever a slave of white masters

they were born Americans and that makes them the luckiest black people on earth

Last edited:
Wrong

none of the black criminals rioting in the streets was ever a slave of white masters

they were born Americans and makes them the luckiest black people on earth

I DO agree with your last sentence.

I think that many of them realize that fact.

they dont show many signs of recognition

Let's be fair!

Many do.

Many work hard every day.

Many do not commit violent crimes.

Many are really nice people, just as nice or even nicer than some people of other ethnicities.

It IS a shame that an unusually large percentage of their young people are so violently inclined.

Have a nice weekend!

The connotations are not just of slavery or hard work, but of the fruit of one's hard labor, plenty to eat, beautiful weather, homes to live in and a good night's sleep. People slaved away and got rich. Plenty of blacks got reparations and money; people are so fucking rich out east it ain't even funny, the Dems are going to change the name of a whole state because they're so desperate to disinherit the blacks. Why are white people crying so poor and apologetic like that?

Now that I think about it some more, there is a simpler explanation that makes sense.

Plantations and farms are private property, and the state needs to stay off of them just as the chains need to come off the slaves.

Nonetheless, "plantations" remain a fact of all human life and civilization on earth, and no slavery other than that imposed on Adam when he was to eat bread by the sweat of his brow.

Forum List

Back