Republicans warming up for a HUGE "War of Hate" against American gays.

Karma....after all the vile acts and hatred they have shown others.
There is no "news" here.....let me find my post where I predicted this over a year ago....maybe 2.
You have a crazed immoral TINY minority telling the majority to shove it.....
Grown men prancing naked in front of children in public displays.
What could possibly go wrong?

What goes around........
Naked Men walked around in front of children? So they should be killed?
You're a Republican? Which are you talking about? Kill the men or kill the children. After Sandy Hook and Pulse, Republicans seem to support both.
No, the parents should lose their parental rights for bringing their child to such an event.
Ah yes......more children for the Rightwing profit-based child trafficking ring.
I didn't know hillary was rightwing.

I've found that homophobes are generally a sad and lonely people. Hate does that. People can usually tell when there is something "off".
What you call by the absurd word "homophobe" are actually normal people are "off" from accepting sex perverts as being normal, healthy people. The ones who are "off" from reality, are the ones who consider these sex perverts to be normal. I guess that would include you, no ?

Jeff Sessions’ ‘Religious Liberty Task Force’ Declares Holy War on LGBT People

Jeff Sessions wants to make sure that you can be fired for being gay.

Trump administration says it’s time to stop punishment of anti-gay African countries

It won't be just national. Trump and the GOP going global with their "War of Hate".

I know USMB Republicans find that wonderful, but the gains of the last 30 years are about to be lost for the gay community.

And remember, it starts with one minority but spreads to others. The GOP plan all along.

The GOP - the modern Party of Hate.
good god - the trifecta of crap sites. so if i go out and find crap right wing site and bring that FUD crap in here, you gonna cry foul at the source, or are you gonna realize you're just hyper-fearing shit around?

i swear to god people wake up at times wondering just how fucking stupid they can be today.
It is a real thing, though, and it's totally true that the LGBT community feels threatened by it. I don't want to see their rights taken away. They should be able to love who they like and enjoy the legal benefits of marriage just like anyone else. I still have not bought that any of that interferes with anyone else's "Religious Liberty" and the Supreme Court won't touch it with a ten foot pole, so I guess threads like this will endlessly repeat with a lot of ill will on both sides but never a solution.

Trump administration says it’s time to stop punishment of anti-gay African countries

It won't be just national. Trump and the GOP going global with their "War of Hate".

I know USMB Republicans find that wonderful, but the gains of the last 30 years are about to be lost for the gay community.

And remember, it starts with one minority but spreads to others. The GOP plan all along.

good god - the trifecta of crap sites. so if i go out and find crap right wing site and bring that FUD crap in here, you gonna cry foul at the source, or are you gonna realize you're just hyper-fearing shit around?

i swear to god people wake up at times wondering just how fucking stupid they can be today.
It is a real thing, though, and it's totally true that the LGBT community feels threatened by it. I don't want to see their rights taken away. They should be able to love who they like and enjoy the legal benefits of marriage just like anyone else. I still have not bought that any of that interferes with anyone else's "Religious Liberty" and the Supreme Court won't touch it with a ten foot pole, so I guess threads like this will endlessly repeat with a lot of ill will on both sides but never a solution.
real? maybe. but in the same light infowars would be real to the people who read it. at least to me.

like you - i don't see how what 2 grown adults do (more if they're having a party, hell) in the privacy of their own home or even as hetero couple do in public, is anyone elses business. "marriage" to me is a religious term and to me this is a legal issue so i try to stay out of those discussions.

it's hard enough to simply be yourself in this world w/o having to defend it 24x7.

real? maybe. but in the same light infowars would be real to the people who read it. at least to me.

like you - i don't see how what 2 grown adults do (more if they're having a party, hell) in the privacy of their own home or even as hetero couple do in public, is anyone elses business. "marriage" to me is a religious term and to me this is a legal issue so i try to stay out of those discussions.

it's hard enough to simply be yourself in this world w/o having to defend it 24x7.
So, you only marry religiously and have not gotten a civil marriage license?

You're an idiot.
ONE guy represents the entire Republican base?

Geez
A short list of Republican Pastors who support the murder of gays representing thousands of the GOP base.

Pastor Roger Jimenez
Pastor Steven Anderson
Pastor Kevin Swanson
Pastor Jesse Price
Pastor Charles L. Worley
Pastor Bert Farias
Pastor Jeffrey S. Smith
Pastor Curtis Napp
Pastor James David Manning
Pastor Jim Beech

Just a sliver of the hate.

And it's only the beginning.

They're as sick in the fucking head as you are, you should form a group with them "Driven batshit crazy by politics"

Marriage is definitely a legal issue which should NOT be encroached on by religious values. Which is more important is clear: You are not married until you have a marriage license. You can have a marriage mass twenty times, but you are not legally married until you have a marriage license. The religious ceremony is an add-on.

I'm not seeing how the Attorney General of the United States creating a "religious liberty task force" to "help the department fully implement our religious guidance" is up for any kind of interpretation. What scares me a little is .... "our religious guidance?" In the DOJ?
What is happening over there?
Attorney General Jeff Sessions on Monday announced the Department of Justice's creation of a "religious liberty task force" to "help the department fully implement our religious guidance."

In a speech at the Department of Justice's Religious Liberty Summit in Washington, Sessions said the goal of the task force will be protecting religious groups from persecution.

Marriage is definitely a legal issue which should NOT be encroached on by religious values. Which is more important is clear: You are not married until you have a marriage license. You can have a marriage mass twenty times, but you are not legally married until you have a marriage license. The religious ceremony is an add-on.

I'm not seeing how the Attorney General of the United States creating a "religious liberty task force" to "help the department fully implement our religious guidance" is up for any kind of interpretation. What scares me a little is .... "our religious guidance?" In the DOJ?
Attorney General Jeff Sessions on Monday announced the Department of Justice's creation of a "religious liberty task force" to "help the department fully implement our religious guidance."

In a speech at the Department of Justice's Religious Liberty Summit in Washington, Sessions said the goal of the task force will be protecting religious groups from persecution.
thank you for the other link to a different source.

i was born and raised roman catholic. was an alterboy for a long long time. CCD classes and the like. read scriptures at my grandparents church in the summer when visiting them. all that said, i'm not religious any longer but i do understand the need for faith and try to respect it. that said, religion unfortunately is a divisive topic these days. hell most topics are. trying to say we're going to pick a "side" so to speak and push that side for guidance these days is a slap to all who do not feel that way. so no, sessions is NOT helping the divide and to a point, lobbing a gas bomb on it.

people on all sides are scared someone "in power" is going to change their fundamental way of life and many simply don't want it.

i agree - we have a separation of church and state for a reason and while at times we can fall over that line, we shouldn't do it intentionally and they do need to be kept as separate as we can get them.

This steaming hate toward LGBTs by the people who call themselves "Christian" is not understandable and, frankly, is despicable. LGBTs have not done anything as a group against anyone. It is very frightening to have governments at the federal and state levels assisting in one group's scapegoating of another group; noting, of course, that many LGBTs are themselves Christian. What is going on here??? This is unacceptable.

This steaming hate toward LGBTs by the people who call themselves "Christian" is not understandable and, frankly, is despicable. LGBTs have not done anything as a group against anyone. It is very frightening to have governments at the federal and state levels assisting in one group's scapegoating of another group; noting, of course, that many LGBTs are themselves Christian. What is going on here??? This is unacceptable.
Now that homosexuality has been out of the closet for a while now, and so many homosexuals are married, adopting children, etc., I think it might be easier to figure out how many there are and if they have a political affiliation. I see percentages of blacks, Latinos, women, on polls, but never gays. I am guessing that many of them are Republicans, just like any other cross section of Americans. They know there are bigots on both sides of the aisle, but being gay doesn't have anything to do with your politics (unless your party goes Full Hate on you).
So what I'm saying is, I don't think the current administration can go to far back on this without a severe body check from the homosexual community itself.

Projecting as usual?

Leftists are throwing them under the bus as they are just too white and way, way too male.

Projecting as usual?

Leftists are throwing them under the bus as they are just too white and way, way too male.

Didn’t right wingers claim that Democrats would continue to lose elections as long as they “identity politics”? So now when Dems aren’t focusing on gays rights they’re “throwing gays under the bus”. Make up your mind Norman.

And here’s another clue for you. Democrats aren’t opposed to white males. That’s just one of a long list of lies Republicans tell themselves about Democrats. Like all Democrats are commies.

Democrats don’t hate white males, they’re not all commies or atheists. And they’re not unemployed. As long as you continue to believe stuff that isn’t true, your country has no hope.

what's different about that from every other campaign the wackos have run since 2000?

Projecting as usual?

Didn’t right wingers claim that Democrats would continue to lose elections as long as they “identity politics”? So now when Dems aren’t focusing on gays rights they’re “throwing gays under the bus”. Make up your mind Norman.

And here’s another clue for you. Democrats aren’t opposed to white males. That’s just one of a long list of lies Republicans tell themselves about Democrats. Like all Democrats are commies.

Democrats don’t hate white males, they’re not all commies or atheists. And they’re not unemployed. As long as you continue to believe stuff that isn’t true, your country has no hope.

nah... this is the Russian playbook....

they're just too stupid to figure it out.

Which 2016 Presidential candidate took tens of million of dollars from nations that murder men merely for being gay?

clinton_anti-lgbt_donations.jpg

"She's been given tens of millions of dollars by countries that treat women horribly, and countries that kill gays, they kill gays, they push them off of buildings." -- DJT on HRC

Hate: Beating up queers. Refusing to hire, promote, or accept an openly-gay individual for a non-religious organization, because of their sexual orientation.

Not hate:
  • Opposing gay marriage,
  • Opposing including homosexuality as a protected class of people under civil rights laws,
  • Opposing people openly pretending to be the opposite gender while serving in the Armed Forces,
  • Declining to use pronouns that are contrary to biological reality,
  • Pointing out Biblical provisions condemning sodomy,
  • Referring to sodomy as sinful,
  • Mentioning biological facts about the reproductive and digestive systems, and their proper use,
  • Electing not to overtly support a "gay" event, ceremony, or organization.
I could go on. None of these things constitutes "hate," but all are mentioned as "hateful" by Leftists. Don't let reality stand in your way.

What is happening is that religious freedom legal issues are cropping up right, left, and center, and the Justice Department is belatedly realizing that it needs to protect the rights of ALL citizens, even if they hold views that the left has condemned.

"Religious guidance" would be "guidance that we give the legal system on dealing with religious rights". Fairly obvious if you read for context, instead of reading for "What can I be hysterical about?!"

Forum List

Back