Republicans Should Have A Celebration for Nat Turner

IM2

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 11, 2015
After all, Nat Turner fought to end "Demcratic slavery."There should be statues of him replacing Confederate soldiers.

10 Things You May Not Know About Nat Turner’s Rebellion​

Explore 10 surprising facts about the bloodiest revolt in American slavery history.

Imprisoned people throughout history occasionally rise up an kill their oppressors. Turner is but one example, Hamas’ recent actions are another.

I wonder why there weren’t more slave revolts in this country and elsewhere in the Americans. Especially after the success in Haiti.

Imprisoned people throughout history occasionally rise up an kill their oppressors. Turner is but one example, Hamas’ recent actions are another.

I wonder why there weren’t more slave revolts in this country and elsewhere in the Americans. Especially after the success in Haiti.
There were all kinds of slave revolts. This one is told because Turner was captured and killed. Others don't get told because the outcome was not so good for whites.

On September 11, 1851, a federal marshal led a raid into the home of William Parker. Parker was an escaped slave who was hiding four other slaves owned by a man named Edward Gorsuch. Gorsuch wanted his slaves returned, and according to the Fugitive Slave Act, he had every right to use any means necessary to get them back. Gorsuch and his raiders then descended on Christiana, Pennsylvania, to recapture his slaves. If Gorsuch could speak to us today, he would tell us he made the wrong decision. Gorsuch and his raiders attacked the house and ran into bullets returned by the escaped slaves inside the house. The life of Edward Gorsuch ended on September 11, 1851, as a result of his decision. His raiders ran away. Most of the blacks involved in the shooting escaped to Canada.

John Anderson, Christiana Riot Of 1851

After all, Nat Turner fought to end "Demcratic slavery." There should be statues of him replacing Confederate soldiers…
Call me perverse, but I find this somehow … amusing. Think of what this inspired Christian prophet might have accomplished if he, his faithful followers and all 2-3 million Southern slaves only had their God-given “2nd Amendment Rights” respected!

Could they perhaps have killed off enough Democrats to turn large parts of the Deep South Republican back in those early days … without the need for a much later “Southern Strategy”? Would Donald Trump, as a consequence, today still be a “proud Democrat” living in NYC?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: IM2
Call me perverse, but I find this somehow … amusing. Think of what this inspired Christian prophet might have accomplished if he, his faithful followers and all 2-3 million Southern slaves only had their God-given “2nd Amendment Rights” respected!

Could they perhaps have killed off enough Democrats to turn large parts of the Deep South Republican back in those early days … without the need for a much later “Southern Strategy”? Would Donald Trump, as a consequence, today still be a “proud Democrat” living in NYC?
Nothing perverse about it. You hit the nail on the head.

John Brown's Baby

John Brown's baby had a cold upon his chest
And they rubbed it with camphorated oil.

Sung to glory hallelujah. ;)
Never heard that one. I know the one about his body lies smoldering in his grave.

What’s wrong with honoring John Brown instead?
John Brown of course should be honored! Both he and Nat Turner gave their lives in the fight against slavery. They both felt called upon by their God to answer violence with violence, terror with terror.

But John Brown of course was a white man, a free man, he came later on the stage of history and could play a larger part in it. Brown over years had forged deep connections to both black and white abolitionists across the country, many of whom profoundly respected him for his courage and commitment. He, along with his sons and followers were veterans of anti-slavery battles during the “Free Soil” wars in “Bloody Kansas,” where he established a reputation as a fierce fighter (and engaged in acts of terror against slave owners and Missouri raiders).

Brown was not limited in his scope of action or understanding as Nat Turner necessarily was. He was far more “political” and aware of the national political reality than Turner, and in Brown’s day the Civil War was approaching. In the end, Brown understood clearly that a bloody civil war would be necessary to end slavery in the U.S.A., and the final note he left just before he was hung reflected that terrible reality:

“I John Brown am now quite certain that the crimes of this guilty land will never be purged away, but with Blood. I had... vainly flattered myself that without very much bloodshed, it might be done."

Lisa you are one of the blatant racists. Then when called on it, you call somebody anti semitic. Or you go whining to moderators.
She certainly hates Arabs and anyone who opposes Zionism.

• Fact
NOW I reported him for (falsely) calling me a racist.

And what was my sin here? Suggesting John Brown, an abolitionist, who gave his life fighting slavery. His is a remarkable story.
lol.

• Winner
NOW I reported him for (falsely) calling me a racist.

And what was my sin here? Suggesting John Brown, an abolitionist, who gave his life fighting slavery. His is a remarkable story.
JB was a terrorist who opposed the ruling establishment. He murdered people in cold blood. You admire him yet hate Hamas, who did exactly as he did.

You’re terribly confused.

JB was a terrorist who opposed the ruling establishment. He murdered people in cold blood. You admire him yet hate Hamas, who did exactly as he did.

You’re terribly confused.
You’re quite twisted. JB fought against slavery.

Forum List

Back