What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Republicans, here's your chance.

pknopp

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Yes, I have called him out, but again, it wasn't a defining issue for me because there were actual policies that were proposed and implemented. It is a defining issue on this board because many can do nothing more than call Trump names. There is no substance, just name calling.

The only real issue Trump implemented were the tax cuts.

Admiral Rockwell Tory

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Get rid of the IRS and tax code, have EVERYONE pay 1 percent of their salary. Problem solved.
Yes, the problem would be solved by our deficit increasing astronomically. You apparently don't understand taxes that well. The "flat tax" proposed was about 17% if I recall correctly.

Last edited:

Golfing Gator

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Get rid of the IRS and tax code, have EVERYONE pay 1 percent of their salary. Problem solved.

Not sure 1% is enough and it would have to be income and not salary, but it is a start

Correll

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Abandoning South Korea would push it into china’s orbit

I'm heard too much anti-Americanism coming from South Koreans, to want to spend American lives to protect them.

DBA

Diamond Member
Reaction score
The tax rate is not the problem, it is the 100000 ways to get out of paying taxes. Get rid of all tax expenditures and you come very close to solving the budget problem

We pay a small fortune in state and federal income tax every year despite my deductions so I would be more than willing to implement a flat tax with no deductions. I don't have a problem with those below the poverty line not paying income tax at all. That is as equitable as it gets, but the rich will still be rich and that is a problem for many Democrats. I would be much better off for certain.

Mac-7

Diamond Member
Reaction score
They have to propose something.
I just did in post #39

And Mac1958 has no response because this thread was never meant as a serious policy discussion but merely as his usual flamebait

OP
Mac1958

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
Every time we end a major military conflict, we never seem to reduce our military budget.

We have gotten out of Iraq and Afghanistan. Where did the savings go?
Yeah, I'm not even sure how such a study would be done, but people are always going to protect their budgets.

It might require a full re-think of the military, and we don't like doing stuff like that, either.

Golfing Gator

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I think you meant to say "exemptions" not "expenditures"

Nope, I said what I meant.

“Tax expenditures” are subsidies delivered through the tax code as deductions, exclusions, and other tax preferences. In fiscal year 2019, tax expenditures reduced federal income tax revenue by roughly $1.3 trillion, and they reduced payroll taxes and other revenues by an additional $140 billion.

Mac-7

Diamond Member
Reaction score
China doesn't seem to be as stupid as we are and they do not seem to be willing to undertake what would be a losing effort.
What does that mean?

pknopp

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I just did in post #39

And Mac1958 has no response because this thread was never meant as a serious policy discussion but merely as his usual flamebait

I was speaking about elected Republicans.

pknopp

Diamond Member
Reaction score
What does that mean?

They aren't going to squander their future on some stupid war to take over S, Korea. Now if you mean it would give them more leeway to open trade with S. Korea, well, great, nothing wrong with that.

Mac-7

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I'm heard too much anti-Americanism coming from South Koreans, to want to spend American lives to protect them.
If it were only for them I might agree

Though I dont think they are anti America

But when we protect south korea we protect ourselves also

DBA

Diamond Member
Reaction score
If Corporations could charge more for their goods or services, they would already be doing it.

The market decides what they can charge

It is widely known and accepted that corporations recoup higher taxes via payroll deductions or higher prices. This is not a point that can be reasonably debated.

Do you realize that Biden's corporate tax proposal would put US corporations at a decided disadvantage when compared to other country's tax rates, including China's? What effect do you think that will have?

Golfing Gator

Diamond Member
Reaction score
government that they will do without until they become transparent, accountable, and responsible.

have you ever voted for anyone willing to do those 3 things?

Admiral Rockwell Tory

Diamond Member
Reaction score
But they don't. The wealthy do get richer but also invest. The poor get richer as well. The problem is the left are envious and can't stand the thought of the rich getting even richer despite the fact that they themselves are benefitting as well. What they want is to take the money from the evil rich and give it to the poor. In their minds, that is more equitable.
Exactly! Ford Motor Company announced a electric vehicle battery factory near me and an entirely new truck plant in Tennessee yesterday. I drive two Ford vehicles and have investments in their stock. How would taxing bigger investors in Ford at a higher rate allow them to invest in such job-creating expansions?

DBA

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Why should Biden supporters hold him to spending when Trump supporters would not hold him to the same standard?

I wanted Trump to spend less but at least he had part of the formula correct. Lower taxes. Biden wants to double down on dumb by spending even more and raising taxes.

kyzr

Diamond Member
Reaction score

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$142.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List