Republicans control Congress and shut down Homeland Security

Homeland security will run and be funded at 83%. The workers will get paid thetr "backpay". It's all a ruse to push through Obama's illegal eo on immigration.
Backpay is great...how do they buy tacos and pay their mortgage until then? How does that effect morale? Meh, no big deal right?
Oh well, they just have to live like regular people don't they? You know, tighten the belt, pay taxes, you know, no Tuesday tacos at the bar, right?

Homeland security will run and be funded at 83%. The workers will get paid thetr "backpay". It's all a ruse to push through Obama's illegal eo on immigration.
Backpay is great...how do they buy tacos and pay their mortgage until then? How does that effect morale? Meh, no big deal right?
Oh well, they just have to live like regular people don't they? You know, tighten the belt, pay taxes, you know, no Tuesday tacos at the bar, right?
No formula for the kids...but that's okay, right? I mean...they aren't people, they are just pawns. I guess they should apply for welfare while the teapers destroy the GOP and America.

No formula for the kids...but that's okay, right? I mean...they aren't people, they are just pawns. I guess they should apply for welfare while the teapers destroy the GOP and America.
So you think it's okay for them to come here, and break our laws so WE have to feed their children? Sorry, but you're barking up the wrong tree. Let their own countries take care of them and their progeny. We don't need em. Not when there are AMERICAN CHILDREN that need our tax dollars.

So you think it's okay for them to come here, and break our laws so WE have to feed their children? Sorry, but you're barking up the wrong tree. Let their own countries take care of them and their progeny. We don't need em. Not when there are AMERICAN CHILDREN that need our tax dollars.
You are confusing the issue. AMERICAN workers need to get paid. DHS EMPLOYEES, WHO PROTECT AMERICANS need to pay their bills and feed their children. ATTACHING a bill to prevent the funding of DHS is stupid politics. The WETBACK issue is separate. But you would rather AMERICAN children starve than pass a CLEAN BILL? WTF is the matter with you? Stupid politics that can only backfire on the GOP thanks to idiot teapers who are playing checkers while the liberals are playing chess.

Guess you haven't been following the bill. McConnell brought the bill up several times for a vote. A CLEAN bill to fund DHS without Obama's BS play to spend money on illegals. It was the democraps who filibustered. WHO STOPPED THE BILL??? It was the democrats.

Money for Obama's temporary amnesty or whatever you want to call his LIE, should never have even been INCLUDED in the DHS funding bill in the first place!

Guess you haven't been following the bill. McConnell brought the bill up several times for a vote. A CLEAN bill to fund DHS without Obama's BS play to spend money on illegals. It was the democraps who filibustered. WHO STOPPED THE BILL??? It was the democrats.
Teaper logic defies rational thought.

GOP has a MAJORITY. The fucking TEA PARTY infighting prevented any bill from passing.

Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) brought a three-week continuing resolution to a vote Friday afternoon, only to be blocked when 52 Republicans joined the majority of Democrats in opposing it. House GOP leaders had to regroup, apparently reaching a deal with the more conservative members of their caucus to bring up a smaller stopgap measure that would keep operations running at DHS for just one more week.

The Senate first passed the one-week continuing resolution by a voice vote, just hours before DHS was poised to shut down. The House then approved the measure by a roll call vote of 357 to 60. President Barack Obama signed it into law just before midnight. A majority of Democrats joined Republicans to vote for the short-term fix, after House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) told her colleagues that the passage of the one-week resolution would assure a vote on a full funding bill next week

and progressive logic leads to blaming it on anyone else but yourself. You sit there and cry that DHS workers are going to go without pay, oh their children are going to starve but you don't say a damn thing about the millions of children who go without because there aren't enough funds to go around because those funds are being sucked up by illegals!
I'm done here. You just can't fix stupid.

and progressive logic leads to blaming it on anyone else but yourself. You sit there and cry that DHS workers are going to go without pay, oh their children are going to starve but you don't say a damn thing about the millions of children who go without because there aren't enough funds to go around because those funds are being sucked up by illegals!

good, take stupid with you... DHS won't be hit in the wallet. Employees still get paid. Its called a dept the country defines as necessary ... illegals sucking up funds ... gimme a break.

about 85 percent of DHS’s roughly 240,000-strong workforce will remain on the job, most employees will work without their biweekly paychecks ...

most .. not all

pesky Mexicans

good, take stupid with you... DHS won't be hit in the wallet. Employees still get paid. Its called a dept the country defines as necessary ... illegals sucking up funds ... gimme a break.

about 85 percent of DHS’s roughly 240,000-strong workforce will remain on the job, most employees will work without their biweekly paychecks ...

most .. not all

pesky Mexicans
I told that to the nutz but, all they did was cry about those poor government workers whose children are going to starve and their mortgages won't get paid! Oh and just so you know there is a finite number when it comes down to most programs for the underprivileged. Ask anyone who has sat on a 2 year waiting list for Section 8.

regardless, DHS is wide open for another week. If Congress shuts it down and the Country gets attacked by a terrorist organization, viola, no more Republican politicians ... they're too chicken to risk that. Chances are they're hoping Obama veto's any shutdown anyway ..

meanwhile back at the ranch, 43 is laughing his ass off at all the shit he stirred up ..

Republicans control Congress and shut down Homeland Security. Classic.

Oh, I see. So it's not that Congressional Democrats are refusing to support the Republicans to void Obama's illegal amnesty executive order. And it's not that Obama is refusing to rescind his illegal amnesty executive order. No, it's that the Republicans are shutting down Homeland Security!

Your headline should read "Democrats Refuse to Fund Homeland Security Unless Amnesty Executive Order Is Left in Force."

I had no idea how much fun it was going to be to watch the Republicans wage civil war on themselves in Congress, now that they control it. They also split on No Child Left Behind, today. I guess that I especially enjoy watching it, having grown up in the South, with the failed Confederacy as the basis of our history. The difference is that both sides of the republicans are going to lose this war. Everyone needs to take sides. The wealthy "business over people" should stand on the Left, and the mouth breathing Palin followers should stand on the Right.

omg, now we are all going to die. they might shut down a couple of agencies and they have split no child left behind. good frikken grief
you people can't live without yo guberment

Like getting your ass kicked in a debate, old man? Our President has done more to stop the flow of illegals than Bush ever did.

You're joking, right? How can any serious person make such a ridiculous, fictional claim?

Deportation Numbers Unwrapped Center for Immigration Studies Extract: "This report examines data from a collection of mostly unpublished internal Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and ICE statistics, to provide an alternative evaluation of the administration’s record on immigration enforcement that is based on raw statistics rather than pre-packaged press kits. These statistics show that, contrary to what is commonly believed, in fact immigration enforcement in the interior has slowed significantly in the last few years. ICE is arresting and removing noticeably fewer illegal aliens from the interior now than was the case five years ago, and even two years ago. Its focus has shifted away from interior enforcement in favor of processing aliens who are apprehended by the Border Patrol."

In fact, after 9-11, Bush could have closed the sourthern border with no problem, and full support from the nation. Instead, he did nothing.

Do you live in a foreign country and just do not understand that an American president--at least one who is following the law--can't do something like that on his own authority?

I'm guessing you're not aware of the fact that Democrats fought to block full funding of Bush's border security proposals, that they have fought all efforts to make English our official language, that they have pushed to give illegal aliens drivers licenses, that they have fought to prevent DHS from deporting illegals, that they have fought all efforts to undo our insane anchor baby policy, that they fought all efforts to stop illegal aliens from getting welfare benefits, that they have pushed to require states to allow illegal aliens' children to attend public schools, etc., etc.? Are you just not aware of these facts?

Forum List

Back