Republicans condemn 87,000 IRS agents who don’t (and won’t) exist

Which is due to mega corporations raising prices to fatten their bottom line. The price of many raw materials has dropped and, in some instances, plunged. Yet this drop is not being passed on. Too many industries are monopolies, and the government is allowing them to get bigger.

The biggest issue we have in this country is not inflation. It is the fact that our rights are under assault. Voting rights, free speech rights, and many others are under assault. Women have already seen their rights taken away and now this threatens their very lives. Most women are more worried about staying alive than inflation.

Do you make this shit up as you type? According to a Gallop poll inflation is the number one problem according to Americans that participated followed by the economy and fuel prices.

ROFL! The people who wanted the 87,000 IRS agents are the fascists. The IRS is the American version of the Gestapo. Asking for more of that is proof that you're a fascist.

You are the fascists. You want to turn law enforcement agencies into the Gestapo. IRS employees answer tax questions that people have. They also process tax returns and issue refunds.

87,000 IRS agents is not a expansion of government power. It is about ensuring that the legally passed tax laws are followed. The rich are very clearly cheating on their taxes because they know the chances of a audit are almost nil. In addition, the number of employees at the IRS have shrunk over time as the Republicans have starved the IRS.

The only people that could starve the IRS the last near four years are the Communists since they had leadership of the House that long. You have to be totally stupid to say the rich don't get audited because most wealthy people get audited nearly ever year. Now tell us, how many IRS agents are currently working over 8 hours a day? How many are working on Saturdays?

There's a sucker born every minute.

There is no addition of a large number of civil servants. Some of these employees will replace retiring workers. Some will replace workers who have left and who the IRS has been unable to replacer.

Why would they need extra money to replace retiring workers?

Which is due to mega corporations raising prices to fatten their bottom line. The price of many raw materials has dropped and, in some instances, plunged. Yet this drop is not being passed on. Too many industries are monopolies, and the government is allowing them to get bigger.

The biggest issue we have in this country is not inflation. It is the fact that our rights are under assault. Voting rights, free speech rights, and many others are under assault. Women have already seen their rights taken away and now this threatens their very lives. Most women are more worried about staying alive than inflation.

You are economically ignorant. I mean.......everybody on USMB knows you're nothing but a troll, but even trolls know something about economics. You are completely ignorant when it comes to that subject.

Do you make this shit up as you type? According to a Gallop poll inflation is the number one problem according to Americans that participated followed by the economy and fuel prices.

Inflation may be a major concern but that does not make it a voting issue. A massive turnout in deep red Kansas led to a 20 point win to keep abortion legal. In a special election in Minnesota, a Republican won by 4 points in a district that went for Trump by 125 points.

87,000 IRS agents is not a expansion of government power. It is about ensuring that the legally passed tax laws are followed. The rich are very clearly cheating on their taxes because they know the chances of a audit are almost nil. In addition, the number of employees at the IRS have shrunk over time as the Republicans have starved the IRS. This has made the ability to process tax returns and issue refunds more difficult and created more delays. Taxpayers are finding it harder to get answers to their questions. In addition, more IRS employees will be leaving in the coming years.

Obama did not use the IRS to go after anyone. Liberal groups were targeted as well as conservative groups. Biden is not using the IRS to go after anyone.

You have a serious head wound. A hole in your head where your brains used to be.

87,000 IRS agents is not a expansion of government power.

Do those agents make the government weaker?

The rich are very clearly cheating on their taxes because they know the chances of a audit are almost nil.

How rich? What are the chances?

In addition, the number of employees at the IRS have shrunk over time as the Republicans have starved the IRS.

Did that make the government weaker?

Obama did not use the IRS to go after anyone.

That's funny.

Liberal groups were targeted as well as conservative groups.

So if they targeted 1000 conservative groups and 2 liberal groups, that's proof
they didn't go after anyone?

You are the fascists in this country. You seek to increase the power of government by interfering in decisions between doctors and patients. You want to criminalize free speech. That is fascism. The thugs you hire to carry this out are being used to control the people.

You seek to increase the power of government by interfering in decisions between doctors and patients.

Which decisions?

You want to criminalize free speech.

Like misgendering? Like questioning an election or a vaccine?

The thugs you hire to carry this out are being used to control the people.

Which thugs have I hired to do that?

Inflation may be a major concern but that does not make it a voting issue. A massive turnout in deep red Kansas led to a 20 point win to keep abortion legal. In a special election in Minnesota, a Republican won by 4 points in a district that went for Trump by 125 points.

125 points?

So if they targeted 1000 conservative groups and 2 liberal groups, that's proof
they didn't go after anyone?
They targeted an equal number of progressive groups and conservative groups...for greater scrutiny using "trigger words" because they were OVERWHELMED

And the only group denied tax exempt status was a progressive group

The inflation on housing and rent is out of this world now. They created a giant cost increase with covid and it is destroying this country. The American dream is dying and corruot Greedy politicians did it.

We said at the beginning. Shut this country down and this would happen. They did it anyway because they dont give a damn about the people.

I've been a landlord for nearly 30 years. I come from a family of landlords. None of us have ever seen what's happening these last ten years.

My tenants come from word of mouth. The last time I advertised an apartment was about seven years ago. It was February, and nobody up north moves in the freezing cold weather with snow all over the place. When I put the ad in, I had 14 replies by the time I woke up the next morning. People saying they would pay more than I was asking, telling me they'll take the apartment sight unseen, offering me double the security deposit. It was nuts and it only got worse from there.

Landlords took a huge hit during the housing bubble, and after the crash, it's done a complete 180. Today people don't pay high priced rents because they prefer renting, they are paying high price rents because they can't afford a house today.

You are economically ignorant. I mean.......everybody on USMB knows you're nothing but a troll, but even trolls know something about economics. You are completely ignorant when it comes to that subject.

You are the troll and the one who makes up their own economics. I can read financial statements which you are incapable of doing. When companies raise prices and their financial statements how they are some instances making more than they have in decades, they clearly have increased their profit margins. In addition, it is a basic economic fact that the less competition there is, the result is higher prices. A recent merger in the poultry industry will give the top 4, a 60% share of the market. This is not good for consumers.

You are the one who is ignorant. The majority of USMB are Trump trolls and that includes you.

You must be completely stupid to think that major issues won't reflect in voting. If a person is pissed off because of the price of gasoline, do you think they'd vote Democrat to keep those prices higher? And guess what? They're going even higher yet since the farce called the inflation bill contains even more taxation on our fuel producers.

Bingo. They don’t. Any government position is funded and as soon as someone transfers out or retires, they automatically have the funds to hire a new position. Only if the position is eliminated would that not happen.

That is not necessarily true. The fact is that funding of the IRS has not kept up with increased costs. This means they are unable to fill open positions.

You are the troll and the one who makes up their own economics. I can read financial statements which you are incapable of doing. When companies raise prices and their financial statements how they are some instances making more than they have in decades, they clearly have increased their profit margins. In addition, it is a basic economic fact that the less competition there is, the result is higher prices. A recent merger in the poultry industry will give the top 4, a 60% share of the market. This is not good for consumers.

You are the one who is ignorant. The majority of USMB are Trump trolls and that includes you.

Inflation was caused by paying people more to stay home than work because that creates an employee shortage causing industry to increase prices due to having to pay more for labor. Inflation is caused by printing money. Inflation is caused by the high price of fuel that industry has no choice but to pay. Trust me, I'm a retired truck driver. When our costs go up, we pass that on to our customers.

You don't know shit about economics.

An idle threat by the extreme right in America?
Or an undisguised threat of a turn to fascism?

Indications are that it's the latter, and there's little resistance to it on account of it being seen as acceptable now in America's political climate. Will the FBI and DOJ be able to stop it in its tracks before it's too late? Comments?
6qk7w3.jpg

You must be completely stupid to think that major issues won't reflect in voting. If a person is pissed off because of the price of gasoline, do you think they'd vote Democrat to keep those prices higher? And guess what? They're going even higher yet since the farce called the inflation bill contains even more taxation on our fuel producers.

Rights are more important than inflation. Once rights are lost, it can be difficult if not impossible to get them back. What something costs doesn't matter if you are dead. Republicans will not do a damn thing about inflation. They refused to help people who need insulin with skyrocketing costs. That is real inflation. That can put someone who needs insulin at risk of dying.

I've read many snowflakes on this board claim there wouldn't be any 87,000 new IRS personnel.

Now we're being 'reassured' the new 87,000 agents will only be for 'tech support and customer service'.

Ok, but.....

Why do IT and customer support need so much ammo and tactical training?

LMAO there's no lie Dems and the Dem news media won't tell my God.

You are the fascists. You want to turn law enforcement agencies into the Gestapo. IRS employees answer tax questions that people have. They also process tax returns and issue refunds.
You must be joking. The FBI is the Gestapo. It persecutes innocent Americans. It smears them and threatens to arrest their children. IT destroys their lives. The IRS is just as bad.

Forum List

Back