Republicans Are Having Some Trouble Talking About Rape and Incest

I completely agree. They use the extreme example because that's what tugs at people's heart strings, but nonetheless, these instances do exist. There is an instance right now of a 10 year old girl from Ohio who had to be taken to Indiana to get an abortion because Ohio will now not perform it in the wake of the Roe ruling. It seems to me, even in states that want to prohibit abortion entirely there should be at least some leeway in these extreme circumstances.
But what is the standard of proof?

How many lives will be destroyed by false claims of rape/incest to qualify for the exception?

How many lives will be destroyed by false claims of rape/incest to qualify for the exception?

Rape and incest are crimes. They can always require a police report.

But even if they don't, I'm not sure how that's your business or mine.

I don't know if they will or not and I don't see why that matters.
It matters enormously, and reason dictates an enormous increase in false claims if the exception is allowed.

Your heart's in the right place, but this exception could become an incredibly destructive catch-all.

Clearly USMB Republicans are also having some trouble talking about rape and incest.
Are you on the wrong thread?

They're not having any problem talking about it.

Democrats have a problem talking honestly about it however.

Why didn't the Democrat-controlled Congress act on this issue?

Texas' law doesn't even have exceptions for the life of the mother, and they consider it an abortion even when it clear that the pregnancy can't be brought to term.

So in Texas, if a woman has a miscarriage and the fetus is going to die no matter what, and its clear the mother will die if the pregnancy isn't terminated immediately, it's illegal for the doctors to save her life. It's illegal to terminate any pregnancy for any reason, with no exceptions
If it's a miscarriage, the fetus has not only died but been expelled from the body. A fetus that has died in utero but not expelled, needing removal is not an abortion. It is removing necrotic tissue.

It's not hard to see that the left often justifies pedophilia and democrats seem to be working toward lowering the age of consent. It's no wonder that they are concerned about getting rid of the bodies before they become an embarrassment.

Rape and incest are crimes.
Yes - serious crimes.
They can always require a police report.
Yes, but this will not prevent false claims.

And it's not close to being a legitimate standard of proof of ACTUAL misdeed.
But even if they don't, I'm not sure how that's your business or mine.
It's very much the business of rational people.

And it's separate from any privacy right inherent to the abortion choice women may make.

If you create a sole loophole (other than the life of the mother), you create an incentive to falsely accuse.

That could tear society apart, and I'm not okay with that.

Again, this is a separate issue from the right to abort; even those who support that right should be VERY concerned about creating this incentive to cry rape.

It's THE LOVING GOD'S WILL THAT SOME RAPE VICTIMS, INCLUDING TEN YEAR OLD GIRLS RAPED BY RELATIVESS MUST CARRY TO TERM AND GIVE BIRTH BECAUSE WOMEN MY LIE ABOUT HAVING BEEN RAPED TO GET ABORTIONS!!!!! God is LOVE

Con-trol over women's bodies....same purpose as rape.
Control over what? What nonsense is this? You can’t kill babies and we’re taking away women’s rights? How? You saying women can’t ever see a doctor? Hahaha hahaha dude hilarious

Yes - serious crimes.

Yes, but this will not prevent false claims.

And it's not close to being a legitimate standard of proof of ACTUAL misdeed.

It's very much the business of rational people.

And it's separate from any privacy right inherent to the abortion choice women may make.

If you create a sole loophole (other than the life of the mother), you create an incentive to falsely accuse.

That could tear society apart, and I'm not okay with that.

Again, this is a separate issue from the right to abort; even those who support that right should be VERY concerned about creating this incentive to cry rape.
All for choosing life of a child you go there? Hahaha you’re a sad fk

As was clearly demonstrated during the Kavanaugh confirmation hearings, the left wrong have no scruples whatsoever about using false claims of rape for the direct purpose of destroying lives and careers. Any reason to believe that they would have any less scruples about using false claims of rape for other purposes, with the victims of those false claims being mere collateral damage?

Clearly USMB Republicans are also having some trouble talking about rape and incest.

I challenged you to care about all the women you're causing to get raped on the southern border, and you didn't. Who doesn't want to talk about rape and incest, racist?

If it was about “Con-trol [sic] over women's bodies”, then it would be the women who get abortions who die from the procedure, and not their innocent children.

bodecea is getting thousands of women and children raped on our southern border every year by supporting the party blindly that has removed all barriers. bodecea doesn't give a shit about women or children being raped when she's getting her way

Denying the very humanity of a human being, in order to justify murdering that human being in cold blood, is certainly a defining characteristic that both have in common.

Uh, I don't consider a kidney-bean sized lump of unviable tissue to be human.

And neither do you, or you'd be calling for a murder investigation for each and every miscarriage

You fuckers will not acknowledge the humanity of the innocent children whose cold-blooded murder you continue to advocate.

Again, if you guys really wanted less abortions, you'd support paid family leave, universal health care, strong worker's rights, contraception education, etc.

In my career, I've known three women who have lost their jobs because of pregnancy. One was a douchebag boss who fired women when they got pregnant, the other was a young lady who took maternity leave and wasn't invited back after a difficult pregnancy.

The unborn are living human beings too. Why should we value them less than any other human beings?
Because they aren't viable human beings who have developed relationships and a place in society.

They are kidney bean sized masses of tissue. If a woman wants it, that's awesome, but if she doesn't it isn't any of your fucking business.

As was clearly demonstrated during the Kavanaugh confirmation hearings, the left wrong have no scruples whatsoever about using false claims of rape for the direct purpose of destroying lives and careers. Any reason to believe that they would have any less scruples about using false claims of rape for other purposes, with the victims of those false claims being mere collateral damage?

I think it's kind of tragic that an accused rapist and an accused harasser are the ones deciding what women can do with their own bodies.

Forum List

Back