Republicans Are Having Some Trouble Talking About Rape and Incest

Are you responding to the wrong post?

If not, you appear to have completely & violently misunderstood what I was saying.

And that's sad indeed.
nope, I responded to the correct post.

Actually, most GOP members of Congress want to ban abortions even in cases of rape and incest now. That used to be a extreme far right fringe idea that could get someone voted out of office, but it's gained alot of traction on the right in recent years.

MTG even wants to ban abortions when a pregnancy clearly threatens the health and/or life of the mother. She was a huge supporter of the Arizona law which protected doctors from civil and criminal liability of they lied to their patents, about complications in their pregnancy. That law actually made it illegal for a doctor to give truthful information to a patient, if that information would lead a woman to want to get an abortion, even if that information dealt with life threatening complications in the pregnancy, and shielded the doctors from any liability if the patient died or suffered physical harm from complications that the doctor knowingly lied to them about.
These are extraordinary claims, and deeply concerning if true.

I hope someone will post links which verify.

Very true. Every woman wanting an abortion will claim rape. The way to stop that is to mandate the woman participate in the prosecution of the rapist and provide DNA of the child and all of her male contacts to ascertain the father.
Yes, but as time is of the essence, this becomes a pragmatic nightmare.

“Pro-life conservatives are obsessed with the fetus from conception to 9 months. After that, they don’t wanna know about you. They don’t wanna hear from you. No nothing! No neonatal care, no daycare, no Head Start, no school lunch, no food stamps, no welfare, no nothing. If you’re pre-born, you’re fine, if you’re preschool, you’re fucked.”

The Japanese have capital punishment, but they only execute 2 or so people a year compared the the 20 or so we do.
The Japanese are a better people. After the tragedy and tsunami of Fukushima there was no looting. No one was attacked. High school kids helped the elderly. You would not see that in the United States. Trains are a major form of transportation. Americans that have returned from Japan have no reports of stabbings, beatings or shoving people onto the tracks.

Japan allows very little immigration. They don't hate one another and hate the country.

‘By the time the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade last week, 13 states were ready with so-called trigger laws that would ban abortions within their borders immediately. (Additional states had pre-Roe prohibitions in place that will now be enforced.) One notable thing about these trigger statutes, which have been gradually enacted over the past two decades, is that most of them do not make any exceptions for cases involving rape or incest.

This absolutist approach to abortion prohibition was once considered both morally and politically unthinkable, but came into vogue in red states thanks to the increasingly hard-line views that have come to dominate both the conservative movement and anti-abortion activism in particular. The reasoning behind it is straightforward enough: If life really starts at conception and abortion is murder, then terminating a pregnancy for any reason at all must be banned. The issue is that outside the world of conservative ideologues, it remains a wildly unpopular policy.

Take Yesli Vega, a GOP house candidate in Virginia, who was caught on tape during a campaign stop musing that women might be less likely to get pregnant in cases of rape. This is a long-running myth with deep origins in the anti-abortion movement, which might explain why it was proposed first by someone attending the campaign event. On the audio, first reported by Axios, the audience member asks: “I’ve actually heard that it’s harder for a woman to get pregnant if she’s been raped. Have you heard that?” Vega responds: “Well, maybe because there’s so much going on in the body. I don’t know. I haven’t, you know, seen any studies. But if I’m processing what you’re saying, it wouldn’t surprise me. Because it’s not something that’s happening organically. You’re forcing it.”

No exceptions for cases involving rape or incest is widely unpopular because it’s wrong.
That's not true in the State of Texas. If the mother's cancer would kill her if she continued the pregnancy, that's her ticket to get a d&c which effectively removes the threatening contents of her womb. There are other reasons too, but for most, they have early weeks they can end a pregnancy no questions asked, and in the case of rape or a number of pre-existing illnesses, well, that's included. It's not a perfect law, but it prevents people from removing a future citizen in place of birth control. Other states may not please you, at which time, if you are a free person, you can look into the state you like their abortion-friendlier decisions. So many Democrats are saying abortion is ended now, but that's not true. all the Supremes fixed the problem of whether abortion should be allowed by the feds or if it's a state issue. And it is a state issue, not a national issue.

What is wrong is putting an innocent child to death for a crime in which he had no willing part.

If you want to call for putting rapists to death, I'm all for it.

But never an innocent child. That's a far worse evil than the rape itself.
Bob, it would be inhumane to invite suicide. That gets rid of 2 lives instead of one. Getting pregnant by an immediate family member frequently results in either a stillborn birth or a child with gross defects that end in death before age 2. It also has the potential to bring on mental illness in the mother over her compelte betrayal by former loved ones.

Abortion in Texas is illegal unless the abortion is necessary to save life of the mother.[1]

On September 1, 2021, abortion became illegal in Texas once a fetal heartbeat can be detected. The Texas Heartbeat Act prohibits abortion when there is a detectable heartbeat, which may be as early as 6 weeks into a woman's pregnancy.[2] ]

When it was introduced as Senate Bill 8, abortion providers described it as a de facto ban on abortions, as it covers abortion once "cardiac activity" in the embryo can be detected, which is earlier than most women know that they are pregnant.[5][6] The characterization "de facto" is incorrect, however, because the ban on abortions based on cardiac activity (as opposed to viability) is de jure, and as such expressly outlaws most abortions. The only exception for abortions past six weeks is in response to medical emergencies. The law makes no exception for pregnancies resulting from rape or incest, though they may be terminated before fetal heartbeat detection. The law can only be enforced through private lawsuits.

The constitutionality of SB 8 is a matter of intense legal controversy.[5] As of September 2021, several legal challenges were pending in state and federal courts.[7][8]

As of December 2021, medication abortions are permitted only up to seven weeks and the patient must be examined in-person and receive the medication in-person.[9]

again, I'm violent because I care about life over death? weird stuff.
You're violently confused; you don't seem to remotely grasp what I'm talking about.

Unless you're enraged that women would NOT be able to receive abortions on demand by falsely claiming they were victims of rape or incest?

Is this what has you so triggered?

Because my concern is that women would use this loophole to receive abortions when they were NOT in fact the victims of rape/incest, and do MASSIVE damage in the process.

Is this clear to you now?

If not, you're the only person confused by my rather clear & simple point.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back