Republican Logic: Every Program is a failure

when you have more poor people; not less; than when you started; you have to call that failure.

for the left-wing loons mentioning the poverty of the last century; welfare didnt lift those people up; civil rights and economic prosperity did

Republican Logic

Oxymoronic.

The world of the 21st Century is a complex place, and the last half of the 20th Century was just as complex, where regulatory policy is both necessary and proper, policy that doesn’t conform to subjective, naïve, and failed conservative dogma.

Consequently, all government programs are ‘bad,’ that the facts and evidence don’t support this premise is of course ignored by most on the right, however, who adhere blindly to that subjective, naïve, and failed dogma.

Republican Logic

Oxymoronic.

The world of the 21st Century is a complex place, and the last half of the 20th Century was just as complex, where regulatory policy is both necessary and proper, policy that doesn’t conform to subjective, naïve, and failed conservative dogma.

Consequently, all government programs are ‘bad,’ that the facts and evidence don’t support this premise is of course ignored by most on the right, however, who adhere blindly to that subjective, naïve, and failed dogma.

ur right; RECORD WELFARE AND POVERTY under obama is "forward progress"

and unemployment and welfare "save or create jobs"

and "we have to pass it to know what's in it" is the way to go when overhauling 1/6 of the economy

libs are losers who lie to themselve and project their sins onto others

Republicans are people who get elected by telling you the government doesn't work, and then once elected do their level best to make sure that's true.

Its that government ISN'T WORKING, and something else should be tried.

Progressives say keep paying even if it doesn't work.

Progressives say..

"the boat has a hole in it. Lets start a program to drain all of the water out of the lake"

Republicans are people who get elected by telling you the government doesn't work, and then once elected do their level best to make sure that's true.

Progressives say..

"the boat has a hole in it. Lets start a program to drain all of the water out of the lake"
If that were true, and it isn't, your answer would be 1. There is no hole, and 2. Holes just happen, there's nothing you can do about them.

Progressives say..

If that were true, and it isn't, your answer would be 1. There is no hole, and 2. Holes just happen, there's nothing you can do about them.

Close....but not on target.

My answer would be.....

"the hole in your boat is not my problem, it is your problem. If you need help fixing it, I will gladly help you, but do not charge the taxpayer to drain the lake and take away my right to use it because you don't want to fix your boat"

The republicans are so Anti that every program they see is a failure.

Agree the landscape is growing cynical, however I think Conservatives have legitimate gripes with these:

ACA = Failure because the website wasnt done, and they dont like it before they get it.
1.) $650,000,000 website that doesn't work, $90,000,000 to fix it.
2.) Doesn't change any fundamentals of the system (still an insurance based model), how is this going to drive savings?
3.) Obama let the Pharma companies write HUGE swaths of the bill; coincidentally they donated millions to him in his 2008 campaign.
4.) NOT universal healthcare

EPA = Failure because sometimes they make regulations the avg Joe doesnt understand. Avg Joes hate not understanding
I fully understand that the EPA allows many of their "favorite" large corporations exemptions on regulations while throwing the book at the smaller companies. That's a legit gripe right? Of course they have done some good things.

FDA = A kid got sick once eating something somewhere so...end it. Obviously its a huge waste of money
Obama appointed a former Monsanto exec a few years back to a top slot within the FDA. I was upset about this. I'm also not a fan of other examples of crony favoritism (FDA approving drugs from big campaign donors, etc). This sort of stuff distorts our markets and can be seen as a bad thing.

Republican Logic

Oxymoronic.

nice straw man. nobody said regulatory policy isnt both necessary and proper. we have literally millions of pages of regulations; clearly a lack of regulations isnt the problem. it's lauhable for the Left to even speak on failed dogma, or blindly adhering to subjective and naive failed ideologies

Progressives say..

More like drill a hole in the other side of the boat so everything is all equal and stuff.

Then when the boat ultimately sinks, blame the boat.

democrats are fervently fighting the war on poverty. They are just fighting for the wrong side. They won't rest until poverty has won for all! Well, except for themselves, of course...I mean someone's got to take care of all the poor people they want to make.

Progressives say..

More like drill a hole in the other side of the boat so everything is all equal and stuff.

or...
Drill a hole in everyone else's boats..that way, the one with the original hole wont feel out of place.

War on Poverty = Failure because there are still poor people :cuckoo:

ACA = Failure because the website wasnt done, and they dont like it before they get it.

EPA = Failure because sometimes they make regulations the avg Joe doesnt understand. Avg Joes hate not understanding

FDA = A kid got sick once eating something somewhere so...end it. Obviously its a huge waste of money

ALL of the examples above have been posted on this board before so pretending like Repubs dont regularly call for ending all of these programs will make you look silly.

The Misery Offensive....Join now...Misery loves company :D

Another fail thread by ClosedCuntion. I'm shocked I tell ya.

Thats Marty for ya...declaring something a failure before it gets off the ground.

Progressives say..

or...
Drill a hole in everyone else's boats..that way, the one with the original hole wont feel out of place.

You are all doing a bang up job proving the original poster wrong.

First time I heard that, I kicked the slats out of my cradle.

You shockingly omitted the first part....

"dimocraps will tell you that they can make you taller, better looking and richer....."

Stay on the porch

P.S. The last part, "Republicans tell you government doesn't work then get elected and prove it"

what a douchebag you are. What are you... 12?

Animals dont have cradles you liar

ALL of the examples above have been posted on this board before so pretending like Repubs dont regularly call for ending all of these programs will make you look silly.

Another fail thread by ClosedCuntion. I'm shocked I tell ya.

Thats Marty for ya...declaring something a failure before it gets off the ground.

Most mechanical failure that isn't lifespan related occurs in the first 5% of operating time. Most posts by progressive idiots fail in the OP.

I see you keep that proud trend alive and well.

The problem with Democrats is they generally don't mingle with the job-creating crowd.

If they did, they'd see the "war on poverty" effect on their bottom line and how it effects their ability to stay profitable in order to retain/hire workers.

They'd see the disastrous effects of the ACA on their businesses.

They'd understand the EPA's unchecked powers and how they threaten their livelihood.

And the FDA's far-reaching powers and burdensome, cumbersome regulations that stifle a business's ability to function.

Get a job. Start a business. Hire some workers. I think you'll have a much different outlook.

Someone should tell this guy that he fighting strawmen that I made up :badgrin: BOOM!

No. Failure because the poverty group is growing despite standards increasing.

No. Failure because premiums for non subsidized policy holders have increased; over 6 Million lost policies and that is before the employer mandate goes into affect; under 6 million have signed up for it; it is not deficit neutral

No. Failure because the EPA tends to act first and then address the consequences later

Truth is, you only know how to regurgitate spin and talking points. If you used your own brain for thought, you would see these programs are working well.

Wow you find those programs to be failures...Well someone tell that to this guy

Nice army of straw men you've built there. Have fun slaughtering them and crowing about your prowess dumbass.

He was under the impression I made up the opposition...Golly gee PredFan got it wrong

Forum List

Back