Report Politically Active ChristoFascist Churches To The IRS To Strip Their Tax Exempt Status

That would be the country, dope. The courts should indeed consider this lest they become irrelevant.
You're irrelevant. The Supreme Court Justices take an oath to make decisions based on the Constitution. You don't fit. Leave.

You do know the law in question was put in place to silence black churches during the civil rights movement, right?

The law has never really been enforced, and if it was, it would be unconstitutional.

Why do Churches not have the same right to political expression as any other non-profit?
That is the salient point. The law should apply equally to all.

Many people, myself included wish churches would give up tax exempt status. It's nothing but a muzzle mandating government approved opinions. Take away tax exempt status. Let's get an honest sermon on LBGT. What's the church's position on black violence. How about republican politicians campaigning from the pulpit.

The woke left is against free speech because whites will be able to say anything they, like. Take away tax exempt status. Let the church say anything it likes.

A church is free to give them up if they so desire. But most put money before God

A church is free to give them up if they so desire. But most put money before God
If churches would stop the damn charity give aways, they wouldn't need so much money. Food pantries, children's programs, soup kitchens, scholarships, stop it. Money goes to support the church and that's it.

If churches would stop the damn charity give aways, they wouldn't need so much money. Food pantries, children's programs, soup kitchens, scholarships, stop it. Money goes to support the church and that's it.

I know right, how dare they actually follow the teachings and commands of Jesus

That is false on its face. Coal plants are heavily regulated, and no one is coercing a child to pray in school. That's just stupid. Oh, and who is dumb enough to think more gun laws are going to keep guns out of the classroom?
Environmental protections, abortion, a state’s ability to regulate who can carry a weapon and where and prayer in school were all just ruled on by SCOTUS.

Obviously you’re not paying attention.

What part of the 1st amendment requires a Church to give up non profit status due to political statements?

This was a law from the time when it's purpose was to silence black churches drumming up support for civil rights actions.

It's unconstitutional, and I'm shocked it's never been challenged before, but with this SC I'd say it's time for it.

Environmental protections, abortion, a state’s ability to regulate who can carry a weapon and where and prayer in school were all just ruled on by SCOTUS.

Obviously you’re not paying attention.

What was ruled was the EPA can't make new law out of old law without Congress giving them changes to the old law.

What part of the 1st amendment requires a Church to give up non profit status due to political statements?

This was a law from the time when it's purpose was to silence black churches drumming up support for civil rights actions.

It's unconstitutional, and I'm shocked it's never been challenged before, but with this SC I'd say it's time for it.

Let me know when you find non profit status in the 1st amendment

You're irrelevant. The Supreme Court Justices take an oath to make decisions based on the Constitution. You don't fit. Leave.
If the constitution, as interpreted by the current court, is not serving the country as those who make up the country would like, then what is it’s purpose any longer?

Let me know when you find non profit status in the 1st amendment

It's not there, an neither is saying if you are a Church you can be taxed for being political.

That law was the South's attempt to stop the Civil Rights movement at it's source. It's ironic and sad that the left today is using it just as the Jim Crow morons used it decades ago.

What was ruled was the EPA can't make new law out of old law without Congress giving them changes to the old law.
Uh huh. Surely they’ll get their 60 votes for that.
So in the meantime, the EPA is not able to adequately protect the environment.

Uh huh. Surely they’ll get their 60 votes for that.
So in the meantime, the EPA is not able to adequately protect the environment.

Rules are rules.

If they want to pass something, they need to make it moderate enough to get support from the required number of people.

Do you really want a bureaucracy able to make law at will because it feels like it?

Forum List

Back