REPORT: Mask Mandates Causing Over 350% Surge In Childhood Speech Delays

the daycare the 3 yr old goes to...they dont mask the younger ones....so there is no reason the kids would not be speaking...also the kidlet had to be tubed...so she sees speech therapists and has no issue

just more bullshit from the right

the daycare the 3 yr old goes to...they dont mask the younger ones....so there is no reason the kids would not be speaking...also the kidlet had to be tubed...so she sees speech therapists and has no issue

just more bullshit from the right

How do you not understand the importance for a child learning to speak, of being able to watch the motions of someone else's mouth who is speaking?

It ought to be obvious that not just speech, but other aspects of social interaction as well, that it is crucial for children especially to have unobstructed views of the faces of those with whom they are trying to interact.

Think of facial expressions.

Even as an old man, I find that masks significantly impair my interactions with other people, by concealing facial expressions and by muffling and distorting speech.

We are harming ourselves, and especially harming children, for no actual benefit whatsoever, by the use of these stupid masks.

I had a severe speech deficiency as a child, so I know what it's like not to be able to communicate effectively. I still am not able to carry on spoken conversations effectively now as an adult.

This is why I find this story so disturbing.

How long are you covidiots in our government going to keep this mask stuff going?

From the article…”There’s no research out there yet saying that this could be causing speech and language delays…”

Most children are being severely hindered in speech development because masks prevent them from seeing and hearing how speech is developed
We are harming 100% over something that kills 1 out of every 700 otherwise healthy people, most over 65.

From the article…”There’s no research out there yet saying that this could be causing speech and language delays…”

Like I asked, why would the clinics and parents be lying about this?

What is there to gain, Coyote?

The parents are genuinely concerned, the clinics are only reporting what they see happening to those children.

I have set aside your attempt to discredit the premise of my thread.

Like I asked, why would the clinics and parents be lying about this?

What is there to gain, Coyote?

The parents are concerned, the clinics are only reporting what they see in those children.

I have set aside your attempt to discredit the premise of my thread.
You can set it aside all you want, it doesn’t make the premise any more credible. I am not saying they are lying, only that it is their opinion not backed by anything.

The most critical years for speech are the first three years. Kids are that age, we’re almost certainly at home during Covid, daycares we’re closed, and they would not have been in school.

Since when do we need “research” to tell us something that should be obvious to anyone with better than a room-temperature IQ?
Good point. It is obvious to me rightwingnuts are morons descended from cockroaches. It may be scientifically impossible but…after all who needs research?

I had a severe speech deficiency as a child, so I know what it's like not to be able to communicate effectively. I still am not able to carry on spoken conversations effectively now as an adult.

This is why I find this story so disturbing.

How long are you covidiots in our government going to keep this mask stuff going?

I heard about this yesterday. What a crime we've pulled on children. Hey fuckers, if you thought the last generation was soft that shit's just a precursor. The next generation is the fucked-over generation, they're coming in both mentally & physically declined, and with retarded mental and physical tolerances.

Was it worth it?

kidlet had to have her ears tubed due to infections....that is why she is seen by speech therapists..and even with the late start she is still on par with other kids...

Because she fails to realize that observation is a pillar of science.
I think you fail to realize that one pillar alone supports nothing, as my more facetious reply indicated.

The basic pillars of the scientific method are:
1) make an observation that describes a problem,
2) create a hypothesis,
3) test the hypothesis
4) draw conclusions based on that test and refine the hypothesis.

Where in the OP is there evidence of the other pillars?

Forum List

Back