Replacing the Law with the Law of the Jungle - Upper West Side residents flipping out over ‘brigade’ of illegal ATVs

excalibur

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2015
And NYC isn't the only city where this is happening.

But need I remind many of these people you vote Democrat and you get crapped on from every direction.

Upper West Side residents flipping out over ‘brigade’ of illegal ATVs

Upper West Side residents are flipping out over lawless all-terrain vehicles terrorizing their neighborhood.

They say illegal quad riders who ignore the rules of the road invade the UWS at all hours — particularly late at night and early in morning — causing locals to lose sleep and their sense of safety.

“What’s up with the constant ATV brigade up and down Broadway all day and night? It’s totally annoying and actually scary!!” Allison Eden posted to the 15,000-member “Upper West Side Together” Facebook page earlier this month.

“There are no laws anymore. I’ve never really seen anything like this,” Eden, 51, told The Post. “I almost hit a brigade [of ATVs] once because I thought they were stopping, but they didn’t.”

But while complaints are up, enforcement is way down.

The NYPD has issued 10 ATV-related summonses in 2021 as of March 16, a department spokeswoman said. That number is on pace to fall short of the 77 summonses issued by the NYPD for all of 2019 and the 58 (a 25 percent decrease amid the pandemic) for all of 2020, the data shows.

The NYPD has issued 2,493 summonses to operators of motorycles/dirtbikes this year as of March 16, according to the department. For all of 2019, that number was 23,944. The figure plunged 37 percent to 15,169 in 2020, according to the data.

The summonses were mostly for the vehicles being unlicensed and unregistered, the NYPD said.

Last April, cops cracked down on illegal street bikes and ATVs, seizing 20 different banned rides from people who had been tormenting city residents. Authorities issued a total of 25 summonses citywide and made two arrests — one for criminal possession of a firearm and another for reckless endangerment, police said.

Gary Goldenstein, an Upper West Side resident, said he’s attended community meetings where cops confided “their hands are tied,” adding, “It’s a shame that our politicians care more about the criminals than the citizens and don’t give the police the resources to crack down on this.”

you guys have some sources for weird shit. LOL

You voted for it New York. Mind your place and shut your mouth. Your betters are doing what they want. Bow your head. Stay in your homes and be quiet. It's scary? Be scared.

It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to realize that if you defund the police and refuse to support them they will turn reactive rather than proactive and your crime rate will skyrocket.

Liberals want to empower the criminals and castrate the police. To me it seems we have elected the inmates to run the insane asylum.

Forum List

Back