Replacing Columbus Day

“Scientists” of that time did not think that the world was flat. That is an old wives tale.

Rabid libs are desecrating on Columbus statues and disrespecting the tremendous contribution of this fantastic Italian.

The question in my view is who should replace Columbus, his statues and the huge annual celebrations that Americans traditionally celebrate in the annual holiday honoring the Italian people

How about replacing Columbus with San Rocco? Have annual an annual festa in Italian towns in America like they did in the Godfather film?

Columbus never set foot in North America. Not even sure why we celebrate him.

The Caribbean Islands are considered part of North America, not South America, and definitely not the Indian Subcontinent.

You could have bitched about him not setting foot on the Mainland, but that's kind of like saying someone didn't visit Europe because they only set foot on Ireland and England.

Wherever he landed wasn't in the US. So not an American hero.

He led to the colonization of the Americas, and thus the eventual creation of the US.

Cabot was the first White person to make it to North America. We should celebrate Cabot day.

Rabid libs are desecrating on Columbus statues and disrespecting the tremendous contribution of this fantastic Italian.

The question in my view is who should replace Columbus, his statues and the huge annual celebrations that Americans traditionally celebrate in the annual holiday honoring the Italian people

How about replacing Columbus with San Rocco? Have annual an annual festa in Italian towns in America like they did in the Godfather film?

The Caribbean Islands are considered part of North America, not South America, and definitely not the Indian Subcontinent.

You could have bitched about him not setting foot on the Mainland, but that's kind of like saying someone didn't visit Europe because they only set foot on Ireland and England.

He led to the colonization of the Americas, and thus the eventual creation of the US.

Cabot was the first White person to make it to North America. We should celebrate Cabot day.

Like you won't find something wrong with him.

• Funny
Reactions: Taz
The SJW government of Vermont did it.
Approved by our Republican Governor.

The he's an idiot.
Actually he’s not.
Under his leadership Vermont has the lowest Covid numbers in the country.

It's Vermont.
:yourpointsmile:

Vermont is full of small isolated towns, no major metropolitan areas.

Big deal you have the lowest COVID #'s in the country.

Like you won't find something wrong with him.

He's White!!! :omg:

We should replace it with Indigenous People's Day to remember the Native Americans who were genocided to build this country.
Which native Americans, you filth? They were killing and conquering one another when the colonists arrived. Report that.

We should replace it with Indigenous People's Day to remember the Native Americans who were genocided to build this country.
Hate that name, though. Too pretentious. We already adopted it in Maine, but everyone still calls it Columbus Day weekend.

Columbus day is one of those fake holidays.

I don't know about any of you but I always worked on Columbus Day

Interesting.
All this time I thought it was a red state/blue state thing. Turns out the cities with the bigger populations are the ones with more cases.
It has nothing to do with who is running the state. It has to do with how many people live there AND whether or not the wear masks and social distance.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Working or not isnt what make the day important. He was a great man and deserves the respect he HAS received in the past

Interesting.
All this time I thought it was a red state/blue state thing. Turns out the cities with the bigger populations are the ones with more cases.
It has nothing to do with who is running the state. It has to do with how many people live there AND whether or not the wear masks and social distance.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Nice attempt at putting words in my mouth, cockmuncher.

I was talking about Vermont, not all states.

The other big thing about Vermont is it's not really a State people go through, so it avoids travel spreading.

Lets see what happens when the Ski season opens (if it opens)

Where does it end? Christmas, Easter Independence Day? Lefties have been chipping away (sometimes literally) at religious freedom and tradition for years. The Covid pandemic gave them power they could never get in the polling booth and now they are drunk with it. Thanks to the liberal education in the last couple of decades, generations of ignorant lefties can't tell the difference between Washington, Columbus and Lincoln and they don't give a damn. Tear 'em all down.

Where does it end? Christmas, Easter Independence Day? Lefties have been chipping away (sometimes literally) at religious freedom and tradition for years. The Covid pandemic gave them power they could never get in the polling booth and now they are drunk with it. Thanks to the liberal education in the last couple of decades, generations of ignorant lefties can't tell the difference between Washington, Columbus and Lincoln and they don't give a damn. Tear 'em all down.
Because they HATE it, the day has new importance to me

Working or not isnt what make the day important. He was a great man and deserves the respect he HAS received in the past

The day isn't that important.

Anyway Columbus wasn't the first guy to land on the shores of North America

Who was the first. What was his agenda? Yeah I know about Leif Erickson. He has my respect too, but that was not the same

Who was the first. What was his agenda? Yeah I know about Leif Erickson. He has my respect too, but that was not the same
As far as discovery goes agenda means nothing.

White boy, have you given up your home and other property to indigenous people?
If not, then shut your pie hole.

Forum List

Back