Repenting Homosexuals

Does Roman Chapter 1 lie about who homosexuals are?

• Yes.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • No.

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am glad that you and I finally agree on something. God is dead wrong on this homosexual stuff. You actually do have enough sense to filter out the parts of the Bible that are wrong and still enjoy it as wonderful literature.

Good friends are hard to come by. Don't ever believe what God says in Roman's 1 about homosexuals. Stay friends with this gay kid. He probably needs friends more than God needs you to be afraid of the gay kid.

I am glad that we both agree that God got it wrong on homosexuality.
It's "decent" literature. I'd give it like an 8.5 outta ten, it would be a cool Hollywood movie if they put proper resources behind it like they do for Marvel Movies and shit.

I wonder if the "homosexuals are ick" thing wouldn't have become extinct one or two hundred years ago if it weren't for the religious taboos exacerbating the formerly ill thought out bias there.

What is the 1st and 2nd most influential piece of literature that has ever existed?
I don't judge a book by how it influences others, I judge it by how it influences me.

I would say the Bible was the most influential.

I am not sure which book is the 2nd most influential. Do you know which one would be the 2nd ?
I don't consider that one the first most - in my own opinion, let alone would I venture to guess what is the second for others' opinions. I dont fakkin know.

God did not get it WRONG on homosexuality. He got it right. He said that it was dishonorable and sin. You got it wrong.

"For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done. They were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness. They are gossips, slanderers, haters of God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless. Though they know God’s righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them." Romans 1-26:32

I am glad that you and I finally agree on something. God is dead wrong on this homosexual stuff. You actually do have enough sense to filter out the parts of the Bible that are wrong and still enjoy it as wonderful literature.

Good friends are hard to come by. Don't ever believe what God says in Roman's 1 about homosexuals. Stay friends with this gay kid. He probably needs friends more than God needs you to be afraid of the gay kid.

It's "decent" literature. I'd give it like an 8.5 outta ten, it would be a cool Hollywood movie if they put proper resources behind it like they do for Marvel Movies and shit.

I wonder if the "homosexuals are ick" thing wouldn't have become extinct one or two hundred years ago if it weren't for the religious taboos exacerbating the formerly ill thought out bias there.

What is the 1st and 2nd most influential piece of literature that has ever existed?
I don't judge a book by how it influences others, I judge it by how it influences me.

I am not sure which book is the 2nd most influential. Do you know which one would be the 2nd ?
I don't consider that one the first most - in my own opinion, let alone would I venture to guess what is the second for others' opinions. I dont fakkin know.

That's ok.

Have you ever heard of a homosexual that *repented of the sin of homosexuality?

If not, does this prove that Romans 1 is true?

If so, does this prove that Romans 1 is a lie?

*Repent means to stop doing it.

Repent doesn't mean stop doing it..

re·pent
/rəˈpent/
Learn to pronounce
verb
  1. feel or express sincere regret or remorse about one's wrongdoing or sin.
    "the priest urged his listeners to repent"
    synonyms: feel remorse for, regret, be sorry for, rue, reproach oneself for, be ashamed of, feel contrite about, wish that one had not done something;

Every single mention in the Bible of repentance means a turning from sin. You understand this too. IOW you can't repent from adultery but continue to have sex with your mistress every night. If you do, you haven't repented.

Martin Luther ~ Sola fide... of course you can do the same sin over and over again according to the protestant's...as long as you repent .

Repenting means that you turn away from your sin. If you *intend* to sin and then repent over and over.... you are not fooling G-d.

There is a difference between someone failing while trying, and someone who is intentionally doing something evil, thinking "well I can just repent later so it doesn't matter".

Repenting means, that you stop doing what is wrong, and taking steps to prevent a future problem.

For example, refusing to be caught alone in a car with woman that is not family. Even if that man fails somehow, you can tell by his actions that he is trying his best to avoid doing evil.

Compare that to say someone else who gets on a plane with under age girls for long flights alone without his wife. If that person fails again, it's not him to just making a mistake, because his actions show he doesn't care.

re·pent
/rəˈpent/
Learn to pronounce
verb
    synonyms: feel remorse for, regret, be sorry for, rue, reproach oneself for, be ashamed of, feel contrite about, wish that one had not done something;

Every single mention in the Bible of repentance means a turning from sin. You understand this too. IOW you can't repent from adultery but continue to have sex with your mistress every night. If you do, you haven't repented.

Martin Luther ~ Sola fide... of course you can do the same sin over and over again according to the protestant's...as long as you repent .

Repenting means that you turn away from your sin. If you *intend* to sin and then repent over and over.... you are not fooling G-d.

There is a difference between someone failing while trying, and someone who is intentionally doing something evil, thinking "well I can just repent later so it doesn't matter".

Repenting means, that you stop doing what is wrong, and taking steps to prevent a future problem.

For example, refusing to be caught alone in a car with woman that is not family. Even if that man fails somehow, you can tell by his actions that he is trying his best to avoid doing evil.

Compare that to say someone else who gets on a plane with under age girls for long flights alone without his wife. If that person fails again, it's not him to just making a mistake, because his actions show he doesn't care.
There is no such thing as "sin". It's time to put away the childish toys, my man.

That's ok.
buck ten on the highway muhhfukka

re·pent
/rəˈpent/
Learn to pronounce
verb

There is no such thing as "sin". It's time to put away the childish toys, my man.

Well thanks. I'm glad I'm found worthy enough to be criticized for my faith.

Regardless, the discussion at hand is obviously for Christians, since it refers to the Christian Bible. If you specifically do not believe in the Bible, then there really isn't anything here that applies to you.

Not that you can't comment on it if you wish, but it does seem kind of pointless since you don't believe in Christianity, and I am obviously not going to change my views based on the opinion of a pagan.

Do you wish to convert to Christianity? Is that why you are commenting on this thread?

That's alright. I don't know what the second most I influential book is. I have a few guesses but not in any order.

Qu'ran
Iliaad and the Odyssey
Origins of Species
Mein Kompf
Communist Manifesto
Bhagavad Gita
Critique of Pure Reason
Tao Te Ching
Plato's Republic

Well thanks. I'm glad I'm found worthy enough to be criticized for my faith.
Actually,I spoke directly to the idea of sin. If you took that personally,it's because the truth of that silly,magical idea rests on nothing but "because you say so".

If you criticized germ theory, nobody would take it personally. They don't have to do so, because they can just defer to the evidence, and then go to Disneyworld while you grapple with the mountain evidence.

Faith based nonsense has no such tool in its toolbox. All you have is "because I say so,". So, naturally, any attack on this nonsense is perceived by you as a personal attack on your credibility. And that is your problem and nobody else's.

Furthermore, if you want a closed, echo chamber discussion of your beliefs, then go to church and lock the front door. Don't air out your magical ideas on a public forum and then expect only nodding sycophants to lovingly reply how super they are.

That's alright. I don't know what the second most I influential book is. I have a few guesses but not in any order.

Qu'ran

Qur'an is 2nd most selling of all-time. The Quotations from Chairman Mao Tse-tung may be third if you believe Commies.

That's ok.

God still says homosexuality is a sin because it goes against what he declared. Same as eating the forbidden fruit.

Being tempted by same sex attraction isn't a sin. Eve was tempted by the nice, shiny fruit, but that wasn't sin.
The struggling with temptation may lead to sin, but it isn't sin. One has to actively engage in the activity :ack-1:.

The punishment is still the same. One gets further into gayness. The sin becomes the punishment. Thus, no happy queers.

However, one can get out by repenting. One can get out from the descent into the sin. They say it's difficult, so one has to be committed.
Like drugs or alcohol?

No final judgement.

I already told you about the most insightful thing an atheist ever said, didn't I?

After Lawrence Krauss, atheist and professor at ASU, said he would reassess his position if God rearranged the stars to say, "I am here," this regular atheist made front page news in SF-Bay Area with his comments. He said the people on the other side of the hemisphere would not see the stars. He continued that every atheist from the past, present, and future must be convinced. After that, I thought atheists would have to be punished in the lake of fire in order to be convinced.

Yet, a couple of months ago, I learned that it was already prophecised that, "Every eye will see," the return of Jesus. It means rapture and also the rise of the spiritually dead. It means everything will be settled on Earth and in this life. I suppose some of the spiritually dead know already as they are suffering in Hades like the rich man who mistreated Lazarus.

Jesus sits on a huge white throne and will render Final Judgement. So... :bigboy:.

Last edited:
No final judgement.

I already told you about the most insightful thing an atheist ever said, didn't I?

After Lawrence Krauss, atheist and professor at ASU, said he would reassess his position if God rearranged the stars to say, "I am here," this regular atheist made front page news in SF-Bay Area with his comments. He said the people on the other side of the hemisphere would not see the stars. He continued that every atheist from the past, present, and future must be convinced. After that, I thought atheists would have to be punished in the lake of fire in order to be convinced.

Yet, a couple of months ago, I learned that it was already prophecised that, "Every eye will see," the return of Jesus. It means rapture and also the rise of the spiritually dead. It means everything will be settled on Earth and in this life. I suppose some of the spiritually dead know already as they are suffering in Hades like the rich man who mistreated Lazarus.

Jesus sits on a huge white throne and will render Final Judgement. So... :bigboy:.

I would believe all of that if God told me.

My mind, heart, soul and body are ready to be surrendered at a moment's notice. All I need is God to tell me to do it. Then it is done. This offer excludes preachers (even the ones with nice ties). It also excludes stacks of tree pulp organized in a beautiful fashion with squirts of ink here and there. It most certainly excludes anonymous nuts on an internet message board. It has to be declared by God, otherwise it is utter horse manure.

I will do it for God though, not for me. It isn't actually surrendering if you do it to gain heaven or to avoid hell. That is just selfish nonsense.

If there is a day of judgement I will ask God the same question that Richard Dawkin will ask. "Why did you go to such great lengths to hide yourself?"

Last edited:
No final judgement.

No. No judgement. I just don't buy such a pointless arrangement.

No final judgement.

Huh? Eternal life with God is not pointless. We realize our full potential from this transient life to the real life.

I would believe all of that if God told me

Somehow, I don't think you had faith and believed.

I found another person life that -- Jodie Foster.

'The Academy Award winning actress was asked point blank in 2007 if she was religious, and her answer left no doubt about her beliefs (or lack thereof) — “No, I’m an atheist. But I absolutely love religions and the rituals. Even though I don’t believe in God. We celebrate pretty much every religion in our family with the kids. They love it, and when they say, ‘Are we Jewish?’ or ‘Are we Catholic?’ I say, ‘Well, I’m not, but you can choose when you’re 18. But isn’t this fun that we do seders and the Advent calendar?'”'

No final judgement.

I would believe all of that if God told me.

My mind, heart, soul and body are ready to be surrendered at a moment's notice. All I need is God to tell me to do it. Then it is done. This offer excludes preachers (even the ones with nice ties). It also excludes stacks of tree pulp organized in a beautiful fashion with squirts of ink here and there. It most certainly excludes anonymous nuts on an internet message board. It has to be declared by God, otherwise it is utter horse manure.

I will do it for God though, not for me. It isn't actually surrendering if you do it to gain heaven or to avoid hell. That is just selfish nonsense.

If there is a day of judgement I will ask God the same question that Richard Dawkin will ask. "Why did you go to such great lengths to hide yourself?"
I don’t see what can possibly go wrong with a Cracker Jack plan like that but I think your mom is going to bring you snacks.

No final judgement.

E

Huh? Eternal life with God is not pointless. We realize our full potential from this transient life to the real life.

Eternal life without challenge, risk, or goals? What is the point in that?

As to judgement, imagine a child born in the first century in Mongolia. He will never hear of Jesus, he will never see a Bible, he will never meet anyone who did. What is the point of a judgement which condemns him for not believing something he could not possibly of heard?

No. I don't buy it.

Forum List

Back