Repeal the 2nd Amendment

Please show me where I support this. ALL I SAID WAS THE MILITARY COULD ACCOMPLISH IT. Nothing more.
The military couldn't accomplish it. They would have to go door to door and seize the guns by force in the face of gunfire from not only law-abiding citizens, but the criminals as well. It would be like the SS invading the Warsaw Ghetto on a national scale. Military casualties would amount to millions unless they just started bombing entire cities flat in a terror campaign aimed at the American people.

If you open the constitution to a convention of states, that is negotiable--as well as any other aspect of the constitution. Careful what you ask for, you just might get it.
Birthright citizenship would be the first thing removed. And since there are far more conservative states than liberal ones there would be a lot of iron-clad guarantees of our rights installed and the powers of the Federal Government would be gutted.

That is ignorant.
The AR-15 is about the weakest rifle made.
It is half way to a pistol bullet instead of a full rifle bullet.
It was deliberately selected by the military in order to kill fewer people, because wounded put more of the enemy resource out of action.
It is so weak that it is illegal to use to hunt deer in many states.
If AR-15s are so weak how do they tear a person's body apart to the point they can't be identified except by DNA?

If AR-15s are so weak how do they tear a person's body apart to the point they can't be identified except by DNA?

Because.....the guy shot the dead kids over and over again because he had time to kill since the cops waited 90 minutes to confront him....you doofus....

Want to guess what those bodies would look like if they had been shot with a 12 gauge shotgun at close range?

It doesn't. Here is a photo of three .223 rounds in ballastic gel which is a analogue for human flesh.
1655415300550.png

You can see the narrow wound channels. There is no massive deformation.

In the original Constitution the rights of slaveowners were codified into the document. That was important for the southern slaveowning men who signed the document.
So, when the northern abolitionist started talking about freeing their property, those slaveowners got upset. Eventually the Constitution was amended to free the slaves, allow them to have citizenship and to vote.
So---the Constitution can be amended. Even if it some folks don't like it.
Let's repeal the 2nd Amendment.
Hook and Crook

First you approved of turning loose savages on us, then you want to disarm us.

It's interesting that you mention a civil war. I am currently reading a book about the lead up to the first Civil War. The Southern slaveowners were absolutely against giving up their slaves. I guess they felt the same way you feel about giving up your guns.
Wonder why I thought of that?
LOL so the 2nd amendment is like slavery? You prove how stupid you are with every post. How about answer the questions asked? Who confiscates the firearms and who takes them from criminals? I have a third qiestion... who stops them from being smuggled in to the Country?

It doesn't. Here is a photo of three .223 rounds in ballastic gel which is a analogue for human flesh.
View attachment 658832
You can see the narrow wound channels. There is no massive deformation.
That isn't a bullet fired from an AR-15. That is a bullet fired from a pistol. A bullet fired from an AR-15 expands inside the body and creates a large hole as it exists the body.
I saw a video demonstration of this.

LOL so the 2nd amendment is like slavery? You prove how stupid you are with every post. How about answer the questions asked? Who confiscates the firearms and who takes them from criminals? I have a third qiestion... who stops them from being smuggled in to the Country?
You call me stupid, then you ask me questions?
If I'm stupid how can you trust my answers? Moron.

In the March 27, 2018 issue of the New York Times, retired Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens wrote a wonderful article advocating for the repeal of the 2nd Amendment. Reason: We do not need a militia today. The 2nd Amendment is just a propaganda weapon of the NRA---they use it to block debate in Congress and stop real gun control. (I am paraphrasing Justice Stevens here).

These mass shootings would stop fast if we could repeal the 2nd Amendment.
Why would mass shooting stop if the Second Amendment was repealed.

There are more guns than people in this nation and if confiscation was attempted a large number of firearms would not be turned in.

If there was a demand for firearms they would be smuggled into our nation so fast your head would spIn. If smugglers can smuggle tons of marijuana, handguns and fully automatic rifles would be no problem at all.

Plus the number of firearm caused murders would skyrocket as the criminals who would never turn in their firearms went wild invading homes and robbing people on the street.

That isn't a bullet fired from an AR-15. That is a bullet fired from a pistol. A bullet fired from an AR-15 expands inside the body and creates a large hole as it exists the body.
AR-15 firing .223 rounds into gelatin.

The gun is not what causes the round to expand. Those properties are determined by the round itself and the materials it is constructed of. An AR15 can take several different types of rounds and hollow points are available for any handgun out there. The weapon determines the power of the round because it limits the size of the cartridge which limits the amount of powder that the round can be accelerated with. There are MANY handguns out there that have WAY more power than an AR15. Stating the round is fired from a 'pistol' is moronic as the term covers a variety of different powered rounds.

This thread is illustrative of the vast majority of people demanding that the second be repealed. They are almost always massively ignorant on weapons and how they operate.

The gun is not what causes the round to expand. Those properties are determined by the round itself and the materials it is constructed of. An AR15 can take several different types of rounds and hollow points are available for any handgun out there. The weapon determines the power of the round because it limits the size of the cartridge which limits the amount of powder that the round can be accelerated with. There are MANY handguns out there that have WAY more power than an AR15. Stating the round is fired from a 'pistol' is moronic as the term covers a variety of different powered rounds.

This thread is illustrative of the vast majority of people demanding that the second be repealed. They are almost always massively ignorant on weapons and how they operate.
I know guns kill people. And AR-15s kill lots of people real fast no matter what bullets they use.That's all I need to know.
Most mass shooters use AR-15 semi-automatic weapons.

In the March 27, 2018 issue of the New York Times, retired Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens wrote a wonderful article advocating for the repeal of the 2nd Amendment. Reason: We do not need a militia today. The 2nd Amendment is just a propaganda weapon of the NRA---they use it to block debate in Congress and stop real gun control. (I am paraphrasing Justice Stevens here).

These mass shootings would stop fast if we could repeal the 2nd Amendment.
You think CRIMINALS care?

SMDH

You have no idea what you are talking about…..

I know guns kill people. And AR-15s kill lots of people real fast no matter what bullets they use.That's all I need to know.
Most mass shooters use AR-15 semi-automatic weapons.
Except you do not know those things. You cannot make any statement that is correct.
"Notably, most individuals who engaged in mass shootings used handguns (77.2%), and 25.1% used assault rifles in the commission of their crimes."

That gel is NOT the same as a human body.
NEXT.
Of course gel isn’t the same as a human body but it is close enough to be uselful.

***snip***

Again, it's not perfect. However, ballistics gelatin is a good testing medium for terminal performance of ammunition because it simulates the average density of tissue in a fleshy target. In the fullness of time, however, what's been found is that there's a correlation between performance in gelatin and performance in police and civilian-involved defensive shootings.

In other words, ammo that proves itself in the lab, using testing protocols for defensive ammo, TENDS to perform on the street. Likewise, hunting ammunition that performs in the lab tends to perform in the field. Until someone comes up with a better way to test and predict ammunition performance, it's pretty much the best thing we have

AR-15 firing .223 rounds into gelatin.

Lone Star Crossing

Check out what a .50 caliber bullet does. It makes .223 look like a spitball.
It's the bullet that can bring down huge animals.

In 1875, Leander McNelly, with a dozen other Texas Rangers armed with .50 caliber Sharps buffalo rifles, went across the Rio Grande after 200 bandito cattle-thieves and forced them all to surrender. The rifles were long-range, the stinking badges' pistolas were not.

Forum List

Back