Repeal the 2nd Amendment

Actually I do... so this is your argument for unlimited abortion?....
No. This is my argument for banning AR-15s.
Banning those guns is more important than banning abortion IMHO. I don't want to control a woman's body. I do want to remove a mass shooter's go to weapon.

Banning those guns is more important than banning abortion IMHO. I don't want to control a woman's body. I do want to remove a mass shooter's go to weapon.

I know you have been told over and over again.....the AR-15 is not the weapon of choice for mass public shooters, handguns are.......you think you have the momentum to push a ban on AR-15s, so you are lying about them....typical anti-gun fanatic and why we know to never, ever trust you with poilitical power.

Its the soul of America that's broken not our gun laws... and you can start to fix the soul of our nation by stopping the brutal procedure of late term abortions... have you seen an abortion via ultra sound?... when a babies arms and legs are sucked apart as the baby gets sucked out of the mothers womb?...
Your priorities are backwards....
I would suggest that if you want to weaken law abiding folks right to a gun you first should stop voting for people that want to defund cops.... and folks that won't lock up criminals.....

Its the soul of America that's broken not our gun laws... and you can start to fix the soul of our nation by stopping the brutal procedure of late term abortions... have you seen an abortion via ultra sound?... when a babies arms and legs are sucked apart as the baby gets sucked out of the mothers womb?...
Your priorities are backwards....
I would suggest that if you want to weaken law abiding folks right to a gun you first should stop voting for people that want to defund cops.... and folks that won't lock up criminals.....
Very few abortions are late term. What do you think a child's body looks like after it's been blown to pieces by an AR-15?

Very few abortions are late term. What do you think a child's body looks like after it's been blown to pieces by an AR-15?
The challenge to roe v wade was a case of a state that wanted to limit abortions after the 15th week... no other nation randomly allows abortions after 15 weeks... the challenge did not include all abortions... so all we are talking about for now is late term....
I spent two deployments in Afghanistan and one in Iraq... I know what dead kids and adults look like... an AR 15 is a 22 cal round... if you wanted to make a real mess you would use a 45 cal handgun....

Abortions kill babies in the millions each year …….. the AR-15 rifle kills fewer people each year than cars…….do you want us to ban cars that kill over 39,000 people each year?

In the March 27, 2018 issue of the New York Times, retired Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens wrote a wonderful article advocating for the repeal of the 2nd Amendment. Reason: We do not need a militia today. The 2nd Amendment is just a propaganda weapon of the NRA---they use it to block debate in Congress and stop real gun control. (I am paraphrasing Justice Stevens here).

These mass shootings would stop fast if we could repeal the 2nd Amendment.
Since when does a Supreme Court Justice become an expert in military strategy, homeland defense, world affairs for the next 100 or next 1000 years? He can predict that no foreign force will ever hit our shores? Or our Southern Border? I mean if the attack was the Northern Border we don't need guns... But otherwise, how the fuck can Stevens predict that we don't need the population to be armed?

There are some 400,000,000 privately owned firearms in this country. Who, exactly, are you sending to come get those?

The 2nd Amendment will never be repealed. The democrats will never have the votes needed to do it in either the House or the Senate. There's not a chance in Hell they get 38 States to ratify such an amendment.

The left needs to stop stupidly focusing on the one thing they want (a ban of all guns) and start coming up with real, viable compromises and solutions. At least they stand a snowball's chance in Hell of getting those...
Compromises, you say? Like taking just some of our guns instead of all of our guns? When you say real, viable, compromises and solutions, please explain what you're thinking of.

I’ll bet the United States Military could do it.
I'll bet they couldn't.

70 million Trump voters, most passionate gun owners.. Less than a million military. Many in the military would walk off the job.

Even in Communist China, a lone protester stopped an entire line of tanks. I know Biden said the military would nuke gun owners but that isn't really going to happen. You get that, right?

View attachment 657516

Most of them have their own private collections and buy specialty firearms while deployed overseas and bring them back to the United States.

So I'll bet they'll refuse to carry out that order.
We have a much more woke military than when I was in decades ago. I think many would happily follow the orders of their political masters against their own mothers. But not all would. They'd try but they could never disarm the population.

Noah Webster:
Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom of Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops that can be, on any pretence, raised in the United States.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, when serving in the Militia shall not be infringed"---Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens re-wording of the 2nd Amendment.
This would repeal the original 2nd Amendment.
It won't remove the right to keep and bear arms. Nothing government can do can remove the right.

How will they take them?... will they bust down my door and shoot me?..... if you think they would or should than you support a very different kind of country than we currently live in.... you are talking about a tyrannical government like China or north Korea....
If the government wanted to do such a confiscation, they'd start by mandatory give backs and millions would comply, including many here who pretend to support gun rights but accept every gun control law they've ever seen.

There would still be 50 million gun owners, I'd guess, with 250 million guns - most of those who would turn in their guns are Fudds who own a single gun or two; those with many guns understand more and wouldn't be so easy.

Next, using local police, they'd start forced confiscations with a few low-level, easy targets. Those targets would be made to look like they were domestic terrorists and we'd all believe the government and be so thrilled that the government saved us all...

But by the time they got to a few dozen even, we're starting to wonder. By the time they get to a couple hundred, we all know what's going on. If the trigger in our brains went off exactly at the 200th confiscation, nationwide, confiscation 201 doesn't go well. Confiscation 1000 is going pretty badly. If it got to confiscation 10000 we're at full scale war. More likely, before this point, the government has rethought any forced confiscation.

It's interesting that you mention a civil war. I am currently reading a book about the lead up to the first Civil War. The Southern slaveowners were absolutely against giving up their slaves. I guess they felt the same way you feel about giving up your guns.
Wonder why I thought of that?
I know! I know!....Cuz you're a racis!

Do you know what asymmetrical warfare is?
I'll give you a little time to look it up.
Cuz, you know, the US Military did so well in Afghanistan, Korea, Vietnam. Nothing against our fighting soldiers but they're led by idiots.

Our fighting men would scare the shit out of me if I thought they were willing to go into American cities, unbounded by having to call DC for permission to fire, and simply wanted to take the city.. But that won't be the case. They'll have to make sure they watch out for the black and brown communities, and don't shoot at any house with a rainbow flag... And woodwork201 will be standing outside in drag...they'll have to leave me alone..

You do realize that only 10% of the military actually see combat right?
We have 1.4 million people in our military and only 10% fight. Now,get rid of a bunch of those since they'll refuse to shoot their family and friends and if they did what do you think their fellow military members would do?

Now we get to Americans that own firearms.
About 40% of Americans own firearms thats thats around 132 million Americans
Compare those numbers 132 million vs. 140'000. While a lot of Americans wont fight back just like a lot of US service men wouldnt shoot their friends and family the numbers dont lie.
The US military would be vastly outnumbered.

Next you're going to tell me the military has jets and bombs!!!!!
How are they going to use these weapons? You cant just bomb cities willy nilly that will turn everyone against you.
Perhaps you've heard of Vietnam or Afghanistan...In Vietnam they fought us to a standstill because the military wasnt supported back home in the US.
Sure we could have won but it would of entalled bombing the living shit out of them which of course wouldnt have been very popular back in the US.
So,how do you think the people in the US react if the military were to bomb our own citizens?

You're obviously not a deep thinker....
I thought you were going to say it but you didn't; though I'm sure you realize it. Of those 132 million civilian gun owners, better than a million of them, perhaps millions, are trained, battle-hardened and experienced, war-fighting, veterans - and 140000 military fighters.

Once again, for those too slow to grasp. You cannot just "repeal" an amendment. If the document is opened, the entire document is subject to change or repeal--including the amendments that you hold dear. SMFH.
That's not true; prohibition was repealed.

If there's a constitutional convention then that convention could cover a lot of ground, not just a small, narrow, scope. Congress, though, can pass an amendment that is narrowly focused and pass it to States for ratification.

It's important to understand the process if we're going to expect to use it to our benefit and hope to prevent its use against us.

This is getting old. You are not talking about "amendments." You are discussing the "REPEAL" of an amendment. They are not the same thing, nor are the mechanisms that are in place for the accomplishment of either. Quit trying to cover your own stupidity under the guise of racism.
They're exactly the same thing.

The 21st Amendment, section 1, simply says: The eighteenth article of amendment to the Constitution of the United States is hereby repealed.

Amendment 28 could simply say, "The second article of amendment to the Constitution of the United States is hereby repealed."

We don't want that to happen but if we depend on people to help protect us from it who don't understand how the process works, we could easily be suckered.... Please do some research.

Forum List

Back