Repeal the 2nd Amendment

Ms. Turquoise

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2021
In the March 27, 2018 issue of the New York Times, retired Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens wrote a wonderful article advocating for the repeal of the 2nd Amendment. Reason: We do not need a militia today. The 2nd Amendment is just a propaganda weapon of the NRA---they use it to block debate in Congress and stop real gun control. (I am paraphrasing Justice Stevens here).

These mass shootings would stop fast if we could repeal the 2nd Amendment.

In the March 27, 2018 issue of the New York Times, retired Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens wrote a wonderful article advocating for the repeal of the 2nd Amendment. Reason: We do not need a militia today. The 2nd Amendment is just a propaganda weapon of the NRA---they use it to block debate in Congress and stop real gun control. (I am paraphrasing Justice Stevens here).

It was the NRA who pushed the Instant Background Check database in the 1990's that culminated in President Clinton signing the bill in 1998.

Gun Control is vanishing at the state level where 26 states and a few more coming are dropping the gun carry permit requirements.

2nd Amendment will be around for a long time to come.

Last edited:
1655149868660.png

1655149906776.png

1655149889433.png

Yeah sure the mass shooting will stop...

*****SARCASTIC SMILE*****

:)

how would doing that stop criminals from getting guns?...

"These mass shootings would stop fast if we could repeal the 2nd Amendment"
Do tell.

There are some 400,000,000 privately owned firearms in this country. Who, exactly, are you sending to come get those?

The 2nd Amendment will never be repealed. The democrats will never have the votes needed to do it in either the House or the Senate. There's not a chance in Hell they get 38 States to ratify such an amendment.

The left needs to stop stupidly focusing on the one thing they want (a ban of all guns) and start coming up with real, viable compromises and solutions. At least they stand a snowball's chance in Hell of getting those...

The problem is that the above assertion is evidenced by... well... nothing. It is just thrown out there as though this is an established fact when gun control measures have virtually no real impact on overall homicide rates (the metric that actually matters).

But go on and try. Lets see how far you get trying to repeal the second considering you cant even get legislation through. The NRA is nothing more than a bogyman for the left, the power is not in the NRA but the fact that the gun rights advocates they cater to actually vote.

Let’s have a convention of the states and see if we can get together on what changes are needed on questions about amendments to add or repeal. I wonder if you’d still be game for that?

Last edited:
How will you confiscate all of the guns??? That's the question I haven't heard an answer to... can you give it a try?....
That's a question I ask as well. The Amendment that would remove the Second wouldn't automatically outlaw all guns, it would just remove the protection; the States or Federal Government would then have to pass specific laws from there. That would take time, during which I'm sure the issue will be front and center against almost anything, and pivotal votes could be elected out if there was enough support. I would imagine that most of the legislation would be done by the States; Massachusetts would probably close it down fairly quickly, but I think Oklahomans would be just fine.

Even with all of that, I sure would not envy the hapless DEA agent who would have to walk up to a door with MOLON LABE scratched into the woodwork, and ask nicely for them to hand over their entire collection.

That's a question I ask as well. The Amendment that would remove the Second wouldn't automatically outlaw all guns, it would just remove the protection; the States or Federal Government would then have to pass specific laws from there. That would take time, during which I'm sure the issue will be front and center against almost anything, and pivotal votes could be elected out if there was enough support. I would imagine that most of the legislation would be done by the States; Massachusetts would probably close it down fairly quickly, but I think Oklahomans would be just fine.

Even with all of that, I sure would not envy the hapless DEA agent who would have to walk up to a door with MOLON LABE scratched into the woodwork, and ask nicely for them to hand over their entire collection.
There would be bloodshed... we all know this but few will admit it...
if people think everyone will line up and hand over their guns peacefully they are crazy.... A minority stripping the 2nd amendment from the majority would mean an instant civil war....

The Amendment that would remove the Second wouldn't automatically outlaw all guns, it would just remove the protection; the States or Federal Government would then have to pass specific laws from there. That would take time...

An excellent observation.

Idiots on the left believe that repealing the 2nd Amendment means that guns will magically go away.

Nothing could be further from the truth...

....shall not be infringed

How's about we repeal your American citizenship instead?

Forum List

Back