Reparations for Blacks?

Reparations for blacks?

• yes

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • no

Votes: 24 96.0%

• Total voters
So who is in favor of reparations for blacks?

In fact, is not Affirmative Action a reparation?

It seems to me that we need to go one of two ways. We need more reparations, because what we have now does not seem to be working, or we need to take a different approach.

What say you?
They took down General Lee's statues. Racism has now ended. Reparations are done. We're past racism now.

:beer:

But we still have Affirmative Action whish IS a reparation.

It seems to me that we need to go one of two ways. We need more reparations, because what we have now does not seem to be working, or we need to take a different approach.

What say you?

View attachment 147985
YouGov | Overwhelming opposition to reparations for slavery and Jim Crow

I wonder if Obama supports reparations as well.

After all, his mother's side owned slaves and his father's side sold slaves in Africa.

When Egypt pays reparations to the Jews, then the USA should pay reparations to blacks.

Screw that, I want reparations from every person that has stolen from me in my life.

The list is pretty long

About 2% of the entire population died during the Civil War, about 650,000 which would have been the equivlent of about 8 million souls today. Atlanta was burned to the ground by a crazy general who thought of himself as "God's terrible swift sword" and Grant ordered his troops to turn the Shenandoah Valley into a wasteland. Untold innocent women and children saw their farms looted by Union troops while they faced starvation in the coming winter. Isn't that reparation enough? Why not demonstrate in England for reparation since the British were in charge of the slave trade for about 200 years?

About 2% of the entire population died during the Civil War, about 650,000 which would have been the equivlent of about 8 million souls today. Atlanta was burned to the ground by a crazy general who thought of himself as "God's terrible swift sword" and Grant ordered his troops to turn the Shenandoah Valley into a wasteland. Untold innocent women and children saw their farms looted by Union troops while they faced starvation in the coming winter. Isn't that reparation enough? Why not demonstrate in England for reparation since the British were in charge of the slave trade for about 200 years?
Here is the real problem. None of that matters to the globalists. This is not the issue with these cries of reparations. It is never about that.

This the globalists using their slaves to create more division. The more subjects or ISSUES they can hype, the more divided our country becomes.

The more divided the sooner it will completely collapse. The real.goal.

That is what needs to be discussed. Not these fanciful claims by the globalists and elitist hypocritical white guilt losers on the left who would never consider giving up any of their bank accounts or homes to a black or a redskin.

What say you?
They took down General Lee's statues. Racism has now ended. Reparations are done. We're past racism now.

:beer:

But we still have Affirmative Action whish IS a reparation.

So let's have some facts regarding the War on Poverty as started by LBJ in 1965.
The War on Poverty Has Cost $22 Trillion January 23, 2015
Since the War on Poverty began under President Lyndon Johnson, welfare spending has exploded to sixteen times its original size.
In a new report from the Heritage Foundation, Robert Rector and Rachel Sheffield tackle the welfare system, explaining how spending has skyrocketed since the 1960s. America has spent more on welfare than defense since 1993.
The War on Poverty has cost $22 trillion -- three times more than what the government has spent on all wars in American history.
Federal and state governments spend $1 trillion in taxpayer dollars on America's 80 means-tested welfare programs annually.
One-third of all Americans receive benefits from at least one welfare program.
What has the United States gotten in return for all of this spending? It hasn't led to a drop in the poverty rate,
which remains close to the same level it was when the War on Poverty began.
However, Rector and Sheffield point out that it's misleading to think that Americans are not better off today --
the poverty rate is measured based on income that does not include welfare transfers.
The War on Poverty Has Cost $22 Trillion
So how many Blacks in 1960 18,871,831 or 10% of 194.3 million Americans while in 2016 there were 42,975,959 or 13% of 323.1 million.

Total government spending on welfare annually (not including food stamps or unemployment)
Percent of recipients who are white 38.8 %
Percent of recipients who are black 39.8 %
Welfare Statistics and Demographics - Statistic Brain

So let's make an assumption: 39.8% of the black population are on welfare or the blacks share of the $22 trillion is : $8.5 trillion.
In 2016 with 42.9 million blacks means 16.7 million blacks on welfare.
Dividing worst case 16.7 million Blacks on welfare into the $22 trillion spent since 1965 or an average of $511,000 per black in welfare payments.

I think they've been repaid.

Open the flood gates:

If the government pays reparations to blacks who have never been slaves, to some blacks whose family members have never been slaves, then they would be the first of a long list of non-victims to whom the US government would have to pay reparations.

The US government will need to pay reparations two white indentured servants who also served on the plantations along side the blacks.

The US government would need to pay reparations to Chinese railroad workers who helped build the US Railway system and who were treated like slaves as well.

The government will also need to pay reparations to the surviving Japanese people (or their surviving relatives) who are imprisoned unconstitutionally and unfairly during World War II in U.S. internment camps.

The US government would also need to pay reparations to every Indian tribe across the United States for the slaughter and stealing of their land and shoving them onto god-forsaken reservations where they were fed rancid meat and were not properly taken care of. Every Native American or their surviving relatives, should be paid these reparations.

The family members of The Americans who lived and Atlanta during the Confederate War whose houses and businesses and property and field were burnt to the ground by General Sherman on his March through Georgia should be paid reparations as the burning of people's houses to the ground and raising their fields and property are considered today illegal acts during wartime.

U.s. government would need to pay reparations to all the store owners in house owners whose property was looted damaged or burnt during radical liberal riots that were allowed to happen, according to liberals, so as not to 'escalate the violence further'.

The citizens affected by left-wing violence in Baltimore, Ferguson, Charlottesville, and other cities where local state and federal officials let these criminals ravage the community should all be paid reparations.

There will be groups coming out of the Woodworks with arguments and justifications for why they also should be paid reparations.

Some blacks feel that they are special, as if they were the only ones to be dealt a bad hand in her history. They are wrong.

But if the government is going to appease them by giving them undeserved reparations (the ones seeking teparations have never been slaves - they are just looking for more 'free money' IMO), the government better be ready because the 'flood gates' will be opened, and there will be a lot of groups stepping up with their hands out!

Point of order!

Before I decide on giving reparations, I need to know: does liberating aspirins from the bottle count as 'picking cotton'?

What say you?
"I'm fine with affirmative action. We've lived with it for a long time. And I lived with it for a long time. And I've had great relationships with lots of people. So I'm fine with it." - Donald J. Trump

Donald Trump on ‘Meet the Press’

Second topic on reparations in the past few days.

What Tard Channel are the parrots getting their instructions from?

What say you?

47% of slave owners in SC at the time of the civil war were black, who would pay their part? The first man to own a life time slave was black, who pays his part? Who pays reparations to the families of whites and indians that were held as slaves?

When someone can answer those questions then we can have a discussion. Or we can just accept that the past happened and move on.

No to reparations, yes to education I'd have no problem funding a massive education surge for poor people of all races. We would have to destroy the anti jobs left, wait okay that's a win win.

No to reparations, yes to education I'd have no problem funding a massive education surge for poor people of all races. We would have to destroy the anti jobs left, wait okay that's a win win.
Wow. I find myself agreeing with Blues Legend.

Alert the media!

Many slave-owners had sex with their slaves and produced children. Many black people are partially descended from slave-owners. Maybe black people could compensate themselves for what some of their ancestors did to their other ancestors.

When Egypt pays reparations to the Jews, then the USA should pay reparations to blacks.
The Hebrews were paid reparations, for they went into the desert with much spoils from the Pharaoh. You forget that most of that gold was then turned into a ingraven image of another god, and was blasted into the depths of the Earth as God showed his wrath. It was the stupidity of the Hebrews who turned away from God.

stock-vector-baal-vintage-engraving-old-engraved-illustration-of-baal-the-phoenician-god-carrying-a-child-76243105.jpg

Wow. I find myself agreeing with Blues Legend.

Alert the media!
Now if those liberals would teach and not indoctrinate, then the funding for better education would be a good thing. Until you bust up the NEA, FTA and other liberal orgs that demand reparations (union dues) from the teachers, then education will continue to produce little Eichmanns who goose step to the Marxist way. Don't fucking doubt me.

Forum List

Back