I defy anyone to be able to define this NPR catch phrase

cnelsen

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2016
Washington, DC
An NPR book reviewer named John Freeman makes this comment: "The way systems of oppression have entrenched themselves in the United States calls out for a new framework for writing about inequality."

What are these "systems of oppression"?

An NPR book reviewer named John Freeman makes this comment: "The way systems of oppression have entrenched themselves in the United States calls out for a new framework for writing about inequality."

raw

One person said it and that makes it an "NPR catch phrase".

That's idiotic.

And, without context, it would be a guess.

1914728_1202257256452367_5969874103797848017_n.jpg

Honestly though, systems of oppression are systems that are built for anyone that is in the majority.

Like, if I am a white Christian person, and I decide to immigrate to Japan or India, then the Japanese system or Indian systems would be systems of oppression to me, because they are not geared towards white Christian folks.

All establishments are systems of oppression towards folks with any type of gender dysphoria.

For more info, see the select videos below.

One person said it and that makes it an "NPR catch phrase".

That's idiotic.

And, without context, it would be a guess.
Not really, I listen to NPR all the time. I know exactly what he is talking about.

Universities and Colleges push that critical theory bullshit all the time.

Chances are, they had some egg head professor on that didn't know know how to head his Marxist undergarments on the radio and showed his true colors.

One only needs to google the term, "critical theory" to find that 85-90 percent of the hits are University related in some way. The culture is clandestinely subverted w/o the knowledge or willing acceptance of mainstream society, they just push that shit into the news, pop culture, shows, movies, music and media, and Americans consume it with out knowing what is happening to them.

See the seminal book, Edward Bernays, Propaganda.

I'd guess the way police forces in the US developed from slave patrols has something to do with it.

My guess is he means things like corporate policies set by crusty old White guys who force women to work for slave wages.
Then that's not oppression. No one is "forced" to work anywhere. Women are free to open their own businesses, and in fact, are given financial assistance and contract set-aside preferences. Hardly a "system of oppression".

Moreover, men dominate in the business world everywhere in the world. In fact, Western women have advanced in the business world more than anywhere, right? So to call the gender gap a system of oppression "entrenched in this country" is just wrong, don't you think?

I'd guess the way police forces in the US developed from slave patrols has something to do with it.
So your claim is that US law enforcement is "a system of oppression entrenched in this country"? Or is it history itself that is the system of oppression?

So your claim is that US law enforcement is "a system of oppression entrenched in this country"?
In much of it, yes. I mean Ferguson, where the blacks were farmed by the justice system and law enforcement is not exactly unique. That was a perfect example of a system of oppression. The bail system is another oppressive construct. These things are not hiding away, they are in plain sight.

edit...Private prisons, where it is in the institutions' interest to not release inmates is another system of oppression.

My guess is he means things like corporate policies set by crusty old White guys who force women to work for slave wages.
Then that's not oppression. No one is "forced" to work anywhere. Women are free to open their own businesses, and in fact, are given financial assistance and contract set-aside preferences. Hardly a "system of oppression".

Moreover, men dominate in the business world everywhere in the world. In fact, Western women have advanced in the business world more than anywhere, right? So to call the gender gap a system of oppression "entrenched in this country" is just wrong, don't you think?

You are correct.

However, more to the point, those corporate policies that were set out, don't, "favor" women, as those men are in the majority, and they do not know how it is like to live as women of color and have no experience with "intersectionality."

Thus, from their POV, should they really be the ones setting policy? Should white men who have no intersectionality experience have any say at all? That is what he means. They don't believe that folks who haven't felt "economic disadvantage and oppression," should even be discussing it.

For these folks, it isn't a mere question of equality of opportunity, unless there are equal results, then the system is oppressive. (IOW, you need to watch those videos I posted to come up to speed I think. :eusa_doh:)

So your claim is that US law enforcement is "a system of oppression entrenched in this country"?
In much of it, yes. I mean Ferguson, where the blacks were farmed by the justice system and law enforcement is not exactly unique. That was a perfect example of a system of oppression. The bail system is another oppressive construct. These things are not hiding away, they are in plain sight.

edit...Private prisons, where it is in the institutions' interest to not release inmates is another system of oppression.
Ferguson or, as the New York Times put it, the "local white power structure" was "clearly" to blame for the unrest there. They searched high and low and finally came up with the example of white oppression that you note.

From Missouri DMV data they discovered that the police stopped black motorists at a higher rate than they stopped white motorists. Never mind that maybe blacks commit more traffic violations than whites. To a leftist, all that needs to be seen is some disparity and it is automatically evidence to be used against the "local white power structure", most notably the unacceptably white police force (also never mind that the Ferguson police department was slightly blacker than the New York Times' editorial board, which has no power at all).

But what the New York Times failed to mention was that the same data they cited to show the disparity in traffic stops as evidence of white cop racism showed whites stopped at a higher rate than Asians, Native Americans, Latinos, and Other in Ferguson.

Now why would the New York Times simply leave that part out? Could it be that the New York Times has some sort of vested interest in igniting racial hatred against the "local white power structure" with their phony claims of systems of oppression?

Resist we much, and to that cause...we stay committed.

You are correct.

However, more to the point, those corporate policies that were set out, don't, "favor" women, as those men are in the majority, and they do not know how it is like to live as women of color and have no experience with "intersectionality."

Thus, from their POV, should they really be the ones setting policy? Should white men who have no intersectionality experience have any say at all? That is what he means. They don't believe that folks who haven't felt "economic disadvantage and oppression," should even be discussing it.

For these folks, it isn't a mere question of equality of opportunity, unless there are equal results, then the system is oppressive. (IOW, you need to watch those videos I posted to come up to speed I think. :eusa_doh:)

I watched them. I'm ahead of them. I've never really liked the term "cultural Marxism". I've read Marx, and I don't see Marxism at the root of the hatred of American whites and the relentless push to destroy us. The Bolsheviks, maybe, who used Marx to satisfy their hatred and hunger to destroy Russia.

You are correct.

I watched them. I'm ahead of them. I've never really liked the term "cultural Marxism". I've read Marx, and I don't see Marxism at the root of the hatred of American whites and the relentless push to destroy us. The Bolsheviks, maybe, who used Marx to satisfy their hatred and hunger to destroy Russia.
Cultural Marxism is not exactly the same creature as classical Marxism. It is classical Marxism's economic class warfare translated into cultural terms. They still embrace classical Marxism, but they put more emphasis on stirring up animosity and hatred for straight white christian males than the capitalists and the bourgeoisie.

Cultural Marxism
Is that where the culture is held in common cause, often through the agency of the state?
No. I just explained what it is. Basically all of this bullshit they teach in colleges that derived from the Frankfurt School's 'Critical Theory' is what we on the right describe as cultural Marxism. Critical Race Theory, Women's Studies, Transformers and other faggots studies, etc...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back