Rep. Madison Cawthorn tried to board a plane with a gun and loaded magazine in February

Crepitus

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2018
Rep. Madison Cawthorn tried to board a plane with a gun and loaded magazine in February. If you or I tried this we'd be fined thousands of dollars at the least, possibly jailed. They let him board the plane and even gave him the Glock back when he returned.

Cawthorn and whoever was in charge of security at that time should both be arrested.

Rep. Madison Cawthorn tried to board a plane with a gun and loaded magazine in February. If you or I tried this we'd be fined thousands of dollars at the least, possibly jailed. They let him board the plane and even gave him the Glock back when he returned.

Cawthorn and whoever was in charge of security at that time should both be arrested.

He is a US congressman. You expect him to be treated just like everyone else in every situation? :cuckoo:

The representative forgot he was packing, people aren't incarcerated for being absent minded.

It isn't like he's a terrorist or anything.

Special privileges.

Cawthorn plays politics the way a 9 year old troll plays video games

I've taken a flight to Texas with my BAR in its case. It wasn't difficult (at least not on the way down there). On the way back though, after checking the firearm in as per TSA procedure, and then heading down the security line towards my flights location, a TSA jerk decided to screw with me. She saw the tag on the ticket that reflected the BAR had been properly checked in and decided I might be a risk and put me aside while the rest of the passengers checked went aboard the plane, including my significant other. She was smiling and enjoyed screwing with me. After all had gotten aboard the plane, another TSA officer ordered her to allow me to board. She didn't like it, but he was clearly her supervisor. There's always got to be some jerk TSA agent monitoring a line as if they were king of their territory.

Being absent minded about a gun and ammunition?

It may have been a "last minute" trip , he may have decided at the last moment to switch from a drive or a private plane to an airliner, etc.

Easy to forget that he was carrying if he wasn't expecting to be in an airport terminal

It may have been a "last minute" trip , he may have decided at the last moment to switch from a drive or a private plane to an airliner, etc.

Easy to forget that he was carrying if he wasn't expecting to be in an airport terminal
If it’s that easy for him to forget the location of the weapon, he is not responsible enough to own one.

I've taken a flight to Texas with my BAR in its case. It wasn't difficult (at least not on the way down there). On the way back though, after checking the firearm in as per TSA procedure, and then heading down the security line towards my flights location, a TSA jerk decided to screw with me. She saw the tag on the ticket that reflected the BAR had been properly checked in and decided I might be a risk and put me aside while the rest of the passengers checked went aboard the plane, including my significant other. She was smiling and enjoyed screwing with me. After all had gotten aboard the plane, another TSA officer ordered her to allow me to board. She didn't like it, but he was clearly her supervisor. There's always got to be some jerk TSA agent monitoring a line as if they were king of their territory.
Not the same thing at all.

Scores of people are stopped with firearms by TSA every year at every major US airport.

Unless they are a terrorist or a criminal, no they aren't jailed at all.

Where did you get a different idea about this?

The representative forgot he was packing, people aren't incarcerated for being absent minded.

He and the other idiots who do this should be banned from gun ownership for at least ten years and an automatic 10 days in jail. If you`re not responsible enough to know where your gun is you shouldn`t be allowed to play with one.

He and the other idiots who do this should be banned from gun ownership for at least ten years and an automatic 10 days in jail. If you`re not responsible enough to know where your gun is you shouldn`t be allowed to play with one.

Why does this upset you so much? Haven't you ever forgotten temporarily where something is? What makes this such an unforgivable "sin" to you?

Why does this upset you so much? Haven't you ever forgotten temporarily where something is? What makes this such an unforgivable "sin" to you?
Cawthorne didn't forget anything. He's a punk who figured he would get away with it because of his position.

If a Muslim was caught with a gun in luggage he'd be sitting in a jail cell right now.

It was a firearm, not a tennis racket.

I've watched enough of Jim Cornette on TV over the years to understand how devastating of a weapon a tennis racket can be.

But the man is a Congressman, he wasn't going on the plane for a hijacking.

He was breaking the law and you make excuses claiming Congressmen aren't subject to the law???? How privileged and elitiest is that?

Do you store your loaded handgun in your luggage?

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back