Remember When Obama Said......You Can Keep......

Your monthly health insurance premium will be less than your cell phone bill

Lying Big Eared Jackass

Well, we'll put that in the round file right next to the Orange Roughy's "You're going to have such great healthcare at a tiny fraction of the cost, and it is going to be so easy". At least Obama put forth a plan. It was a starting point..if not for the fact that Republicans didn't have any kind of plans of their own. But Trump? Repeal and replace. Then just repeal. Then when that didn't work, dismantle (and use the courts to do it).

Who's the lying Jackass again? :)

You.

But I thought that was settled.

So it's Trump.
Thanks for settling that. :)

I benefited from the ACA. My kids got to stay on my plan while they went to college. Saved me thousands and cost the ins. companies nothing. My son has a pre-existing condition and was able to get insurance immediately.

Who paid for it? You don't really think it was free do you.
Young, college age kids are generally at the lowest risk and are a small cost to insurance companies.

Who pays for our current universal healthcare now? It is not efficient so it is expensive and the results are mediocre at best.

Don't think we have universal healthcare? Walk into an ER without insurance and see what happens (hint: pretty much the same thing as if you did have insurance).

LMAO so you are mooching off college kids, kind of shocked you admit it.

I benefited from the ACA. My kids got to stay on my plan while they went to college. Saved me thousands and cost the ins. companies nothing. My son has a pre-existing condition and was able to get insurance immediately.

Young, college age kids are generally at the lowest risk and are a small cost to insurance companies.

Who pays for our current universal healthcare now? It is not efficient so it is expensive and the results are mediocre at best.

Don't think we have universal healthcare? Walk into an ER without insurance and see what happens (hint: pretty much the same thing as if you did have insurance).

Except you can't find them in a lot of places....they shut down.

That was thanks to Reagan. One of his few, but huge, mistakes.

Seems only fair, I was once a college kid myself. Maybe you should look up the definition of insurance?

The ACA was a clusterfuck from the start.

Six people I know who had high deductible plans prior. Now have no plan. They can't afford it (and they certainly can't afford the deductables).

I don't know anyone who feels they benefitted from the ACA.

I do know people who now have insurance but who can't afford to use it.

Should have seen the disaster from a development standpoint. Speaking for one State, imagine 40-50 college indoctrinated who are mostly "liberals" locked into a room costing the State $100 an hour easy, and that's before contractors. By standard they turned 1 man hours into 100, and the end result was a piece of trash provided the public that looked like it was designed by a 6th grader. Simple English beyond them, and surely logic. I wasn't involved in said website until a year or so after implementation. This 4th grade education cleaned it up for them without being asked, surely politically incorrect, but the bitches hated me anyway. There were only 80 or so errors, many were promoted for it.

Last edited:

Seems only fair, I was once a college kid myself. Maybe you should look up the definition of insurance?

Maybe you should look up the definition of low cost catastrophic insurance college kids used to be able to purchase before Obamacare banned the policies you mooching deadbeat. Sure mooch off poor young people just getting started in life with loads of student loan debt. You moochers have no shame.

Six people I know who had high deductible plans prior. Now have no plan. They can't afford it (and they certainly can't afford the deductables).

The ONLY people who like the ACA are the people the rest of us are paying for. Everyone else got screwed. Hell my costs went up by 60% and I'm not the only one.

I know many who had great plans at reasonable cost. Now they have all they can do to pay for what they have and it sure isn't what they had before that POS the ACA came along.

After a few months I talked to one of my tenants who worked at Pizza Hut. I was telling her how Commie Care Fd us out of insurance where I worked. She never had health insurance at Pizza Hut, but said how she had great insurance now because of it. So now I got screwed so people like her could have coverage.

Anyone with benefits had to pay more so those without could have benefits. As I said. The ONLY people who like the ACA are the people the rest of us are paying for. Good deal for them but everyone else got screwed.
I did not have to pay more!

If you didn't you are one of the few. Anyone with benefits had to pay more. Mine went up by 60% and when I called HR to find out why I was told it was all because of that POS Obamacare.

The ONLY people who like the ACA are the people the rest of us are paying for. Everyone else got screwed. Hell my costs went up by 60% and I'm not the only one.

I know many who had great plans at reasonable cost. Now they have all they can do to pay for what they have and it sure isn't what they had before that POS the ACA came along.
I like the ACA. Thanks for paying for my insurance.

Your welcome. Now you can pay for mine.

Sorry. It doesn’t work that way.

Sorry. It doesn’t work that way.

LMAO It should.

After a few months I talked to one of my tenants who worked at Pizza Hut. I was telling her how Commie Care Fd us out of insurance where I worked. She never had health insurance at Pizza Hut, but said how she had great insurance now because of it. So now I got screwed so people like her could have coverage.

Anyone with benefits had to pay more so those without could have benefits. As I said. The ONLY people who like the ACA are the people the rest of us are paying for. Good deal for them but everyone else got screwed.

If you didn't you are one of the few. Anyone with benefits had to pay more. Mine went up by 60% and when I called HR to find out why I was told it was all because of that POS Obamacare.
Anyone who had a good policy had preexisting condition and preventive care included. That is what screwed so many.

Anyone who had a good policy had preexisting condition and preventive care included. That is what screwed so many.

Hmm. My last job didn't have great coverage, but coverage, and I've had preexisting conditions most of my adult life. My employer never paid more because group plans charge X amount for everybody. I also had employer sponsored coverage my entire life until the day Commie Care started. On that day is when my employer dropped our coverage.

Obamacare was so popular with Americans that the Democrats lost their majority in the House and Senate in 2010.

Your post made no sense.

Catastrophic plans were very good for a lot of people.

I know several who simply paid for doctors visits because they rarely got sick.

They lost that and were forced into a miserable bronze plan that cost a whole lot more and didn't provide much more.

I'm trying to get a policy through them but it's impossible. First of all you can't communicate with these foreigners, which it seems they all are. You don't understand them and they don't understand you.

I want to stay with the facility I've had all of my life which is the Cleveland Clinic. I told them (since I had to speak to more than one person) that I'd like a policy that covers the clinic. They ask me which Cleveland Clinic? There is only one!

No. They have it divided into the several buildings and departments. I don't want coverage for one department or building because I have no idea which department or building I'm going to need in the future. I just want a policy that covers all of Cleveland Clinic no matter what department I need to go to. They can't do it.

Now I'm on the phone trying to get somebody at the Clinic who could help me. They said with government, there is no real solution. Government Fs everything up to the point you can't even get an insurance policy. And these are the same jokers that want to take care of all our healthcare? Not in your life.

Hmmmm. Reminds me of the fact I am a disabled Vet and why I have not used the VA in over 14 years. But the left wants govt health care.

PolitiFact is a left wing organization that rates the truthfulness of statements made by politicians. Regarding Obama’s promise that people could keep their insurance, PolitiFact has given out three different ratings.

In October 2008, when Obama still had two Presidential elections coming up, PolitiFact rated his statement as “true.”

In June 2012, when Obama only had one more Presidential election coming up, PolitiFact rated his statement as “half true.”

In December 2013, when Obama could no longer run for President ever again, PolitiFact rated his statement as “lie of the year.”

In all three of these cases, PolitiFact was rating the exact same statement. So why did they keep changing their rating? The best explanation that I can think of is that as Obama had fewer and fewer Presidential elections coming up, they were willing to be more and more accurate in their ratings. So only when he was no longer able to run for President again, were they finally willing to admit the truth about his statement.

The best criticism of Obamacare comes from Democrats, not Republicans.

This is something that I wrote on my blog:

Here are 341 reasons why Democrats and unions that support Obamacare want exemptions for themselves

Your monthly health insurance premium will be less than your cell phone bill

Lying Big Eared Jackass

In February 2008, Obama said:

We are going to work with you to lower your premiums by $2,500. We will not wait 20 years from now to do it, or 10 years from now to do it. We will do it by the end of my first term as president.”

However, by the time his first term was over, family premiums had gotten bigger, not smaller. The increase was $3,065 per family.

Source: Health Premiums Up $3,065; Obama Vowed $2,500 Cut

Forum List

Back