Remember when Disneyland had the attraction known as "Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln"?

How come right-wingers hate Lincoln so much...

I see it time and time again from the so-called Conservatives and Neo-Confederates.....I am sure a couple will be along soon to call Lincoln a tyrant and then glorify the very folks Lincoln was fighting against...
Yet you are the ones that hate the GOP, the party that fought for and freed the slaves.

Not sure if it's still there, but I remember it well, it was one of their early animatronics exhibits. Probably around 1967 when I first saw it.

Today's Disney, however, sees Lincoln as no hero, and instead they are teaching kids that "slaves built this country".
In this putrid cartoon where the characters chant "slaves built this country" they also take a shot at Lincoln.

By the way, spare us the arguments about whether or not Lincoln fought the war to free the slaves or not.
The truth is, Lincoln's primary goal at the start of the war was to 'preserve the Union'.
Later, during the war, Lincoln did indeed desire to fight to end slavery.

Woke Disney sparks outrage with new kids cartoon that claims America was 'built on slavery' - as it pushes reparations and says Lincoln had no desire to liberate the enslaved​

Were you ever in Gettysburg?
That's where I remember seeing the earliest animatronics of Lincoln address and a civil war reinactment of the battle of Gettysburg. They must of replicated a version in Disney then if that's where you remember seeing it.

Forum List

Back