Remember when Disneyland had the attraction known as "Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln"?

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Not sure if it's still there, but I remember it well, it was one of their early animatronics exhibits. Probably around 1967 when I first saw it.

Today's Disney, however, sees Lincoln as no hero, and instead they are teaching kids that "slaves built this country".
In this putrid cartoon where the characters chant "slaves built this country" they also take a shot at Lincoln.

By the way, spare us the arguments about whether or not Lincoln fought the war to free the slaves or not.
The truth is, Lincoln's primary goal at the start of the war was to 'preserve the Union'.
Later, during the war, Lincoln did indeed desire to fight to end slavery.

Woke Disney sparks outrage with new kids cartoon that claims America was 'built on slavery' - as it pushes reparations and says Lincoln had no desire to liberate the enslaved​

Disney has been slammed for going woke yet again after a new cartoon series features black children rapping about reparations – saying 'slaves built this country'.

The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder has sparked outrage by showing the characters discovering that their town was built by slaves and then giving a presentation to their school.

As part of the rap, which as been branded 'blatant anti-white propaganda', a white character is seen standing on a stage with a poster that says 'still not atoned'.

How come right-wingers hate Lincoln so much...

I see it time and time again from the so-called Conservatives and Neo-Confederates.....I am sure a couple will be along soon to call Lincoln a tyrant and then glorify the very folks Lincoln was fighting against...

I saw that Lincoln robot at the NY Worlds Fair in 64-65

1676062159156.jpeg

Last edited:
Not sure if it's still there, but I remember it well, it was one of their early animatronics exhibits. Probably around 1967 when I first saw it.

Today's Disney, however, sees Lincoln as no hero, and instead they are teaching kids that "slaves built this country".
In this putrid cartoon where the characters chant "slaves built this country" they also take a shot at Lincoln.

By the way, spare us the arguments about whether or not Lincoln fought the war to free the slaves or not.
The truth is, Lincoln's primary goal at the start of the war was to 'preserve the Union'.

Woke Disney sparks outrage with new kids cartoon that claims America was 'built on slavery' - as it pushes reparations and says Lincoln had no desire to liberate the enslaved​

Well. Sort of. When Lincoln read the Emancipation Proclamation, it only applied to the Confederate States. There were two slaves in New Jersey who were not freed by this order. And wouldn’t be freed until Slavery was abolished.

Lincoln ordered the Slaves freed in terrify he did not control, but left the Slaves in servitude in areas he did control.

An honest and nuanced reading of history shows a lot of uncomfortable truths we prefer not to deal with. And were not taught in our early education.

A more honest reading of history is a lot of flawed people did the best they could with what they had. They were not perfect. They were not gods. They were just people who did the best they could. Mostly this is the truth.

Well. Sort of. When Lincoln read the Emancipation Proclamation, it only applied to the Confederate States. There were two slaves in New Jersey who were not freed by this order. And wouldn’t be freed until Slavery was abolished.

Lincoln ordered the Slaves freed in terrify he did not control, but left the Slaves in servitude in areas he did control.

An honest and nuanced reading of history shows a lot of uncomfortable truths we prefer not to deal with. And were not taught in our early education.

A more honest reading of history is a lot of flawed people did the best they could with what they had. They were not perfect. They were not gods. They were just people who did the best they could. Mostly this is the truth.
Problem is...we seldom learn about the people who were right back then.....at least they are definitely not lauded and glorified like we do the people who were not only flawed -- but altogether wrong then and now....

Kids should know who Cassius Clay was -- and it shouldn't be because Muhammad Ali was named after him....people should know who Wendell Phillips was...someone who was right at the time it mattered most....

Problem is...we seldom learn about the people who were right back then.....at least they are definitely not lauded and glorified like we do the people who were not only flawed -- but altogether wrong then and now....

Kids should know who Cassius Clay was -- and it shouldn't be because Muhammad Ali was named after him....people should know who Wendell Phillips was...someone who was right at the time it mattered most..
Yep

You forget it was also applicable under the areas controlled by the Union armies.

I have to grit my teeth to say it but, yes. To a large degree Abe Lincoln was no friend of slaves or former slaves.

The civil war was fought to preserve the union. Freeing the slaves came later but as a method of punishing rebellious states. Lincoln himself felt that blacks and whites could never live in coexistence. Slavery was an abhorrent state that had no place in civilization. He thought that the blacks should be given money and repatriated to Africa. A number of former slaves agreed. They founded the nation of Liberia.

Had Lincoln not been assassinated he would have rounded up every black and sent them to Liberia.

It's also ok you don't know who he was either....

I mean, who cares about the guy who was one of the most known abolitionists of his time....

But since we all know if you were around back then, you wouldn't have been abolitionist, this all makes sense...

Not quite

The Hall of Presidents is an attraction located in Liberty Square at the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World. The attraction is a multi-mediapresentation featuring Audio-Animatronic figures of all 45 individuals who have served as President of the United States.[a] It opened on October 1, 1971, along with the rest of the Magic Kingdom, housed in a building resembling Philadelphia's Independence Hall.

Apparently it is still in Disneyland and operating.

Which of course is 100% true. Which I guess is why you are triggered by it.
Not really, it is propaganda meant to balkanize and divide the nation.

America was just as much built by Chinese immigrants who built the railroads, Irish indentured servants who died in servitude, women and children in sweatshops, corporate/company owned mining towns which abused the working peoples rights throughout the entire history of this nation . . it is a bullshit narrative, completely meant to divide and rule, by the global corporatism of the institutional investors.

As well the nation has been built by small businesses and the small farmer, and the independent entrepreneur.

Folks are triggered by giant corporations, lying to children, and selling false and biased narratives.

iu

Not really, it is propaganda meant to balkanize and divide the nation.

America was just as much built by Chinese immigrants who built the railroads, Irish indentured servants who died in servitude, women and children in sweatshops, corporate/company owned mining towns which abused the working peoples rights throughout the entire history of this nation . . it is a bullshit narrative, completely meant to divide and rule, by the global corporatism of the institutional investors.

As well the nation has been built by small businesses and the small farmer, and the independent entrepreneur.

Folks are triggered by giant corporations, lying to children, and selling false and biased narratives.

iu
I wonder why so many of the Secessionists kept going on and on about how important slavery was to the survival of the country's economy? I mean, its not like these darkies really built anything...

Like take Mississippi for instance....

"Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery-- the greatest material interest of the world. Its labor supplies the product which constitutes by far the largest and most important portions of commerce of the earth"

Are these guys serious??

Having a bunch of lazy no-good darkies work for free is supposed to be the greatest material interest in the world? It isn't even that serious....

and why didn't these folks give more credit to all of the Irish slaves ...I am sure there were tens of thousands at least......

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder why so many of the Secessionists kept going on and on about how important slavery was to the survival of the country's economy? I mean, its not like these darkies really built anything...

Like take Mississippi for instance....

"Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery-- the greatest material interest of the world. Its labor supplies the product which constitutes by far the largest and most important portions of commerce of the earth"

Are these guys serious??

Having a bunch of lazy no-good darkies work for free is supposed to be the greatest material interest in the world? It isn't even that serious....

and why didn't these folks give more credit to all of the Irish slaves ...I am sure there were tens of thousands at least......
If it is your position, that slaves built the confederacy, one hundred and seventy years ago? Fine, we are in agreement. Let's not over exaggerate the the impact of these various plantations, or variously held former involuntary workers.

Any slave, or their direct descendant, that is still alive, I agree, should be able to sue the families or the corporate organizations of the respective owning plantations/businesses or bond holders of their family members.

Other than that? No, there is no reason for a government wide, social revolution based upon a half truth, and an exaggeration.

Kids should know who Cassius Clay was -- and it shouldn't be because Muhammad Ali was named after him....people should know who Wendell Phillips was...someone who was right at the time it mattered most....

The biggest problem is that we judge people not for their time, but according to the standards of our own. Many things now repugnant were common and accepted. We know how the story turns out and can blame history. We blame the historical figures for not realizing the patently obvious now. We play with history using the advantage of hindsight. A gift the historical figures didn’t have.

Take an easy one. The Treaty of Versailles. Everyone today knows the Germans resented this Treaty. And it was one of the factors to Hitler’s rise to power. But in blaming the fools for demanding it, we forget the fools in question had to answer to their own people. And going home with nothing to show for the sacrifices after years of propaganda would have been suicide and most people don’t willingly sacrifice themselves in such ways.

We don’t judge them by the time and what they knew then. We judge them by what we know now.

Back to Lincoln. He was a flawed man, certainly. All of us are. But he genuinely tried to do what he believed was right.

Which of course is 100% true. Which I guess is why you are triggered by it.

It's no where even close to being 100% true that "slaves built this country".

They 'helped' build it, as did many other groups.
The TRUTH is, since slaves DID NOT found this nation, DID NOT write the rules, laws, or set up the government and system, etc. They helped build it with their labor, but so did tens of millions of white Europeans, who not only provided back-breaking labor, but also created most of what we see and use every day.

So YEAH, it does indeed TRIGGER me, as most lies do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If they want to say "slaves helped build this country", then that would be fine, truthful, and the appropriate way to say it!!!!!!!!!

Forum List

Back