Remember the sobbing over a lion? Obama does that guy one better (sic)

How many animals have oil spills/oil drilling/coal pollution/etc killed? This is kind of like the gun argument you guys pull, if cars kill more people then guns, forget regulation. /s

Oil rigs do not purposely kill animals and if they do they are fined. Are you saying that there is absolutely no way for a windmill to stop the murder of American Bald Eagles? Really? If they are allowed to kill then why can't I go on an Eagle hunting trip. One would look pretty great stuffed on the mantle. (I wouldn't really want to do that)

True but have you ever heard of airlines or the military being fined?

The miracle on the Hudson was brought down by a kamakazi flock of birds

It wasn't a flock of Eagles it was a flock of birds that has really become a problem and are not protected.

Ok I get where you went.

On a side note seen a eagle a few days ago :)

How many animals have oil spills/oil drilling/coal pollution/etc killed? This is kind of like the gun argument you guys pull, if cars kill more people then guns, forget regulation. /s

so if that is true

why on earth would the admin

give a free pass to wind power

to kill even more

Actually maybe it is a brilliant plan to end the slaughter of Bald Eagles. With Obama's rules in force in 30 years there won't be any bald eagles, thus the wind turbines will be in compliance.

One has to wonder if Obama understands why a specie is a protected specie.

Oil rigs do not purposely kill animals and if they do they are fined. Are you saying that there is absolutely no way for a windmill to stop the murder of American Bald Eagles? Really? If they are allowed to kill then why can't I go on an Eagle hunting trip. One would look pretty great stuffed on the mantle. (I wouldn't really want to do that)

It wasn't a flock of Eagles it was a flock of birds that has really become a problem and are not protected.

Ok I get where you went.

Obviously no wind turbines by you. :D

so if that is true

why on earth would the admin

give a free pass to wind power

to kill even more

Actually maybe it is a brilliant plan to end the slaughter of Bald Eagles. With Obama's rules in force in 30 years there won't be any bald eagles, thus the wind turbines will be in compliance.

One has to wonder if Obama understands why a specie is a protected specie.

the only draw back

is a windmill is not designed to keep working in that many years

--LOL

Newly licenced wind farms, can kill 5 bald or golden eagles by accident over a 5 year period....So basically, for an entire wind farm, they can accidentally kill one eagle in a year...without being fined.

I'd say that is a fair compromise..... environmentalist don't think so, but I honestly believe it still protects eagles.

How does that protect eagles? If a Wind Turbine starts up and that very day an Eagle is killed is it going to be shut down for a year so it "protects" other eagles?

Here is an article describing how Obama is caving to big business and ideology and thumbing his nose at environmentalists..........and Eagles.

White House gives wind farms 30-year pass on eagle deaths

WASHINGTON -- The Obama administration said Friday it will allow some companies to kill or injure bald and golden eagles for up to 30 years without penalty, an effort to spur development and investment in green energy while balancing its environmental consequences.

The change, requested by the wind energy industry, will provide legal protection for the lifespan of wind farms and other projects for which companies obtain a permit and make efforts to avoid killing the birds.

An investigation by The Associated Press earlier this year documented the illegal killing of eagles around wind farms, the Obama administration's reluctance to prosecute such cases and its willingness to help keep the scope of the eagle deaths secret. The White House has championed wind power, a pollution-free energy intended to ease global warming, as a cornerstone of President Barack Obama's energy plan.
The article you just posted is from 2013
the article you posted in your op, is from 2014

So, I am presuming that pro environmentalists had their "voices" heard, and this is why in the 2014 op article, it says that this is what the permit allowed:

The Shiloh IV Wind Project LLC will receive a special permit allowing up to five golden eagles to be accidentally killed, harmed or disturbed over five years.

Newly licenced wind farms, can kill 5 bald or golden eagles by accident over a 5 year period....So basically, for an entire wind farm, they can accidentally kill one eagle in a year...without being fined.

I'd say that is a fair compromise..... environmentalist don't think so, but I honestly believe it still protects eagles.

How does that protect eagles? If a Wind Turbine starts up and that very day an Eagle is killed is it going to be shut down for a year so it "protects" other eagles?

Here is an article describing how Obama is caving to big business and ideology and thumbing his nose at environmentalists..........and Eagles.

WASHINGTON -- The Obama administration said Friday it will allow some companies to kill or injure bald and golden eagles for up to 30 years without penalty, an effort to spur development and investment in green energy while balancing its environmental consequences.

The change, requested by the wind energy industry, will provide legal protection for the lifespan of wind farms and other projects for which companies obtain a permit and make efforts to avoid killing the birds.

An investigation by The Associated Press earlier this year documented the illegal killing of eagles around wind farms, the Obama administration's reluctance to prosecute such cases and its willingness to help keep the scope of the eagle deaths secret. The White House has championed wind power, a pollution-free energy intended to ease global warming, as a cornerstone of President Barack Obama's energy plan.
the article you posted in your op,, is from 2014

So, I am presuming that pro environmentalists had their "voices" heard, and this is why in the 2014 op article, it says that this is what the permit allowed:

The Shiloh IV Wind Project LLC will receive a special permit allowing up to five golden eagles to be accidentally killed, harmed or disturbed over five years.

So what happens if they kill 5 in two years? I am assuming they are killing less then 5 per 5 years that is why those numbers were selected. You and I certainly could not go out and kill one in 5 years. (I am not sure if Golden and Bald are treated the same)

the article you posted in your op, is from 2014

BTW, you are right, the courts shot down the Obama law. The point of the thread is that Obama changed the rules in the first place.

Obama’s Wind-Energy Lobby Gets Blown Away

:biggrin:

the article you posted in your op,, is from 2014

So what happens if they kill 5 in two years? I am assuming they are killing less then 5 per 5 years that is why those numbers were selected. You and I certainly could not go out and kill one in 5 years. (I am not sure if Golden and Bald are treated the same)

Only if Benjamin Franklin won the fight and had the national bird be a Turkey, this would not even be a discussion today

Ok I get where you went.

Speaking of seeing an Eagle, I posted this on USMB pictures thread about 6 or 7 years ago....Oh my has time flown....

Anyway, since that awesome experience with the Bald Eagle in the Meadow out front, I bought a new super duper camera so I could get better pics the next time around...paid a lot of money for the camera too.... and I have never seen another Bald Eagle, when I had my camera with me, to take some new pics... of course, just my luck..... seen plenty, but none with camera in hand.

Anyway, in the last picture that I posted of the Bald Eagle Flying with the big pine trees behind it, the Eagle is hard to see but is there in the center of the pic.... you can get a very good idea on how BIG BIG BIG BIG these Bald Eagles are....they are HUGE....larger wingspan than I am in height, that's for certain!!!

The American Bald Eagle | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Ok I get where you went.

Speaking of seeing an Eagle, I posted this on USMB pictures thread about 6 or 7 years ago....Oh my has time flown....

Anyway, since that awesome experience with the Bald Eagle in the Meadow out front, I bought a new super duper camera so I could get better pics the next time around...paid a lot of money for the camera too.... and I have never seen another Bald Eagle, when I had my camera with me, to take some new pics... of course, just my luck..... seen plenty, but none with camera in hand.

Anyway, in the last picture that I posted of the Bald Eagle Flying with the big pine trees behind it, the Eagle is hard to see but is there in the center of the pic.... you can get a very good idea on how BIG BIG BIG BIG these Bald Eagles are....they are HUGE....larger wingspan than I am in height, that's for certain!!!

If you want close up pictures of bald eagles maybe you need to visit a wind turbine farm. :D

Ok I get where you went.

If you want close up pictures of bald eagles maybe you need to visit a wind turbine farm. :D
hahahahahahahahahaha! :rofl:

oh my gosh! TY for the chuckle freewill!

So you're not even going to try to justify your raging hypocrisy here?

You know, how you only care about the environment whenever it gives you a chance to cry at liberals. Once your window of crying closes, you completely cease to care again.

Liberals, being consistent, are always doing a practical cost-benefit analysis concerning the enivoronment. For example, given how many things kill eagles, you'd have to a complete raging hypocrite to melt down about wind turbines. Therefore, we don't melt down like you're doing.

And yes, I understand most conservatives will have extreme difficulty understanding that, being how the concepts of consistency and practicality are so foreign to them.

Now, I suggest you all go back to crying about your lion.

Sorry, but the guy who shot the lion is a useless cowardly piece of shit. Camo-wearing dipshits who hunt and kill innocent defenseless animals for fun, are all cowardly demented pieces of shit. I agree Obama is an asshole, but so is the guy who shot the lion.

Sorry, but the guy who shot the lion is a useless cowardly piece of shit. Camo-wearing dipshits who hunt and kill innocent defenseless animals for fun, are all cowardly demented pieces of shit. I agree Obama is an asshole, but so is the guy who shot the lion.

A lion is defenseless? Interesting.

He shot him with a bow.

I do not like what he did. I do not like the hypocrisy of the left and post 33 is typical left wing hypocrisy.

They won't allow a pipeline because why?

They do a cost basis analysis and realize that Eagles come after wind turbines and unborn babies, well they cost too damn much.

I didn't sob about the Lion but the killing of Eagles through subsidized big business one would think the left would be screaming about. If only it were not Obama allowing the killing.

A lion is defenseless? Interesting.

He shot him with a bow.

I do not like what he did. I do not like the hypocrisy of the left and post 33 is typical left wing hypocrisy.

They won't allow a pipeline because why?

They do a cost basis analysis and realize that Eagles come after wind turbines and unborn babies, well they cost too damn much.

I didn't sob about the Lion but the killing of Eagles through subsidized big business one would think the left would be screaming about. If only it were not Obama allowing the killing.

Fuck camo-wearing morons. Hiding in a tree for 12hrs waiting for a deer to walk by, so they can blow it apart. The fuck's wrong with em? Hunting to survive is understandable and acceptable. But killing defenseless animals just for fun, is demented cowardice. It's usually weird white guys with tiny penises who do it. They need to grow a penis and find another hobby.

Forum List

Back