Remember the sobbing over a lion? Obama does that guy one better (sic)

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
Last edited:
So the point is that you two are going to stop sobbing over the lion now?

Or is it that you don't possess a moral that isn't relative, so you assume everyone else must think like you?

Hey... I can't put my hands on my Drivel/Sound Reason Guide at the moment; so if you're able, can ya boil that drivel down to an actual, soundly reasoned point?

Interesting isn't it? Obama orders that wind farms are allowed to kill eagles, and lots of other protected birds, but shoot one lion that no one in that country even cared about and the man is a villain. Ideology is everything.

Sorry, Bald Eagles: Wind Farms Are Allowed to Kill You Now

Read more at: Sorry, Bald Eagles: Wind Farms Are Allowed to Kill You Now | National Review Online

There is a difference between purposely killing for no purpose other than to have a personal trophy and collateral damage from an economic, environmental, and national security necessity.

Does that make sense, or are you bought and sold by Big Oil?

How many animals have oil spills/oil drilling/coal pollution/etc killed? This is kind of like the gun argument you guys pull, if cars kill more people then guns, forget regulation. /s

Interesting isn't it? Obama orders that wind farms are allowed to kill eagles, and lots of other protected birds, but shoot one lion that no one in that country even cared about and the man is a villain. Ideology is everything.

Read more at: Sorry, Bald Eagles: Wind Farms Are Allowed to Kill You Now | National Review Online

There is a difference between purposely killing for no purpose other than to have a personal trophy and collateral damage from an economic, environmental, and national security necessity.

^^^^^^ Paid for by big wind

How many animals have oil spills/oil drilling/coal pollution/etc killed? This is kind of like the gun argument you guys pull, if cars kill more people then guns, forget regulation. /s

Oil rigs do not purposely kill animals and if they do they are fined. Are you saying that there is absolutely no way for a windmill to stop the murder of American Bald Eagles? Really? If they are allowed to kill then why can't I go on an Eagle hunting trip. One would look pretty great stuffed on the mantle. (I wouldn't really want to do that)

You do understand that the Bald Eagle, along with other birds, are protected? Usually? The lion, not so much. That is what makes Obama and the left such hypocrites.

We have a national security necessity to create bird killing machines? There is no alternative? No way to stop the slaughter? Can't put a chicken wire fence in front of the windmills? Something? Anything?

But I assume that after the slaughter of millions of birds evolution will take hold and the birds will learn to avoid the spinning death machines.

So you're going to keep sobbing over the lion, but expand it to sobbing over eagles now?

Why weren't you sobbing over eagles before?

I don't know whom you are addressing but it is the hypocrisy of the left that is being pointed out here. I think that the death of the Eagles should have been addressed in the infancy of wind turbines, but was not, it is a damn shame. We can't build a pipe line because the liberal left cries about environmental damage yet here we have the outright slaughter of protected birds and the left ho hums it.

What I sob about doesn't really matter.

Last edited:

Oil rigs do not purposely kill animals and if they do they are fined. Are you saying that there is absolutely no way for a windmill to stop the murder of American Bald Eagles? Really? If they are allowed to kill then why can't I go on an Eagle hunting trip. One would look pretty great stuffed on the mantle. (I wouldn't really want to do that)

True but have you ever heard of airlines or the military being fined?

The miracle on the Hudson was brought down by a kamakazi flock of birds

if GWB were president, it would all be his fault. :up:

I think that the left doesn't realize that wind turbines are huge big business. Me thinks they believe that the same company that makes the propellers for their hats make wind turbines. Imagine if Bush would have ordered that the execution of thousands of protected animals was OK, just imagine. But then again the left doesn't have a problem with the killing of millions of unborn children so I guess a eagle here or there doesn't matter either.

Newly licenced wind farms, can kill 5 bald or golden eagles by accident over a 5 year period....So basically, for an entire wind farm, they can accidentally kill one eagle in a year...without being fined.

I'd say that is a fair compromise..... environmentalist don't think so, but I honestly believe it still protects eagles.

Newly licenced wind farms, can kill 5 bald or golden eagles by accident over a 5 year period....So basically, for an entire wind farm, they can accidentally kill one eagle in a year...without being fined.

I'd say that is a fair compromise..... environmentalist don't think so, but I honestly believe it still protects eagles.

How does that protect eagles? If a Wind Turbine starts up and that very day an Eagle is killed is it going to be shut down for a year so it "protects" other eagles?

Here is an article describing how Obama is caving to big business and ideology and thumbing his nose at environmentalists..........and Eagles.

White House gives wind farms 30-year pass on eagle deaths

WASHINGTON -- The Obama administration said Friday it will allow some companies to kill or injure bald and golden eagles for up to 30 years without penalty, an effort to spur development and investment in green energy while balancing its environmental consequences.

The change, requested by the wind energy industry, will provide legal protection for the lifespan of wind farms and other projects for which companies obtain a permit and make efforts to avoid killing the birds.

An investigation by The Associated Press earlier this year documented the illegal killing of eagles around wind farms, the Obama administration's reluctance to prosecute such cases and its willingness to help keep the scope of the eagle deaths secret. The White House has championed wind power, a pollution-free energy intended to ease global warming, as a cornerstone of President Barack Obama's energy plan.

True but have you ever heard of airlines or the military being fined?

The miracle on the Hudson was brought down by a kamakazi flock of birds

It wasn't a flock of Eagles it was a flock of birds that has really become a problem and are not protected.

so if that is true

why on earth would the admin

give a free pass to wind power

to kill even more

Forum List

Back