Relocate and Rehabilitate

Macadoodle

Rookie
Apr 6, 2020
Washington D.C. is the richest metropolitan area in the country – by a considerable margin-compliments of your tax dollars. If government could spread some of those tax dollars around the country by moving the Department of Energy to Houston and HUD to Chicago, for example, they would make a lot of folks happy. Empty buildings could be refurbished for the homeless who would be detoxed and trained for gainful employment. Does this make too much sense?

Washington D.C. is the richest metropolitan area in the country – by a considerable margin-compliments of your tax dollars. If government could spread some of those tax dollars around the country by moving the Department of Energy to Houston and HUD to Chicago, for example, they would make a lot of folks happy. Empty buildings could be refurbished for the homeless who would be detoxed and trained for gainful employment. Does this make too much sense?
Some people were talking about that a couple years ago, I remember. There was quite a lot of push back from workers who would be forced to relocate or lose their jobs. I'm not sure if it happened. The possible locations were in areas that are a lot cheaper to live in, one was in the mid-West.

I've long been an advocate of decentralization of our government and distributing it around the county for reasons of both strategic and a better less corrupt government.

Yes. However, I’d rather cut the federal government by 90%.

I've long been an advocate of decentralization of our government and distributing it around the county for reasons of both strategic and a better less corrupt government.
And cheaper. Nothing wrong with that.

Some people were talking about that a couple years ago, I remember. There was quite a lot of push back from workers who would be forced to relocate or lose their jobs. I'm not sure if it happened. The possible locations were in areas that are a lot cheaper to live in, one was in the mid-West.
O Gee, I never thought of that. The poor workers who would have to relocate or lose their jobs. That's one of the major objectives of this idea.

Forum List

Back