Religious marker may be erected at old Capitol

All of them. The "state's business" is "our" business, you know "we the people". The separation clause's main purpose was to assuage the fears of the Danbury, Connecticut Baptists. The Supreme Court in 1892 gave what is known as the Trinity Decision. In that decision the Supreme Court declared, "this is a Christian nation." John Quincy Adams said, "The highest glory of the American Revolution was, it connected in one indissoluble bond, the principles of civil government with the principles of Christianity." The founders were definitely Christian for the most part. At least 90 to 95 percentage of them were practicing, Trinitarian Christians. This and the additional supporting evidence below show conclusively that the concern that motivated the framers to include the establishment clause in the constitution was definitely not fear of the doctrinal religion of Christian Theism. It was understood that Christian Theism was the default state doctrinal religion. As opposed to being something to fear, it was something believed to be vital to the success of our government. Consequently, the framers feared a state denominational religion not a state doctrinal religion! Some additional evidences that indicate Christian Theism was the national doctrinal religion are listed below:

• Emblazoned over the Speaker of the House in the US Capitol are the words "In God We Trust."
  • The Supreme Court building built in the 1930's has carvings of Moses and the Ten Commandments.
  • God is mentioned in stone all over Washington D.C., on its monuments and buildings.
  • As a nation, we have celebrated Christmas to commemorate the Savior's birth for centuries.
  • Oaths in courtrooms have invoked God from the beginning.
  • The founding fathers often quoted the Bible in their writings.
  • Every president that has given an inaugural address has mentioned God in that speech.
  • Prayers have been said at the swearing in of each president.
  • Each president was sworn in on the Bible, saying the words, "So help me God."
  • Our national anthem mentions God.
  • The liberty bell has a Bible verse engraved on it.
  • The original constitution of all 50 states mentions God.
  • Chaplains have been in the public payroll from the very beginning.
  • Our nations birth certificate, the Declaration of Independence, mentions God four times.
  • The Bible was used as a textbook in the schools.

The examples you give are NOT "all of them." Where is our Buddhist symbols on our public buildings paid for by tax money? Our Muslim symbols paid for by tax money? Our Hindu symbols paid for by tax money? Our Pastafarian symbols paid for by tax money? Our Druid symbols paid for by tax money? Our Voodoo symbols paid for by tax money? Our Ba'hai symbols paid for by tax money? Our Shinto symbols paid for by tax money?

a local town has a symbol associated with both buddhism and hinduism as a recurring theme throughout its town hall decor. this kind of stuff really doesn't bother me. there's all kinds of things paid for with tax money that i don't agree with, why should money spent on somebody's idea of a religious symbol piss me off any more than money spent researching the learning habits of honeybees?

Well, I will tell you this...honeybees are much more important to our survival than religion is. Seriously.

The examples you give are NOT "all of them." Where is our Buddhist symbols on our public buildings paid for by tax money? Our Muslim symbols paid for by tax money? Our Hindu symbols paid for by tax money? Our Pastafarian symbols paid for by tax money? Our Druid symbols paid for by tax money? Our Voodoo symbols paid for by tax money? Our Ba'hai symbols paid for by tax money? Our Shinto symbols paid for by tax money?

a local town has a symbol associated with both buddhism and hinduism as a recurring theme throughout its town hall decor. this kind of stuff really doesn't bother me. there's all kinds of things paid for with tax money that i don't agree with, why should money spent on somebody's idea of a religious symbol piss me off any more than money spent researching the learning habits of honeybees?

Well, I will tell you this...honeybees are much more important to our survival than religion is. Seriously.

:rolleyes:

did you deliberately not get the point?

I got the point...maybe your example sucks...honey bees ARE important for our survival...perhaps more than you realize.

(Having said that, I know that there are stupid things out there we spend tax money on...like a stupid cross on government land here in San Diego Co.)

I got the point...maybe your example sucks...honey bees ARE important for our survival...perhaps more than you realize.

(Having said that, I know that there are stupid things out there we spend tax money on...like a stupid cross on government land here in San Diego Co.)

maybe my example does suck. save the science lectures for someone who needs them.

if you want to bitch about the govt spending $$ on a tablet or whatever it's certainly within your rights, but the bee in this particular bonnet has nothing to do with the separation of church and state, imo.

enjoy your angst.

maybe my example does suck. save the science lectures for someone who needs them.

if you want to bitch about the govt spending $$ on a tablet or whatever it's certainly within your rights, but the bee in this particular bonnet has nothing to do with the separation of church and state, imo.

enjoy your angst.

You don't think putting a particular religious symbol on a government building with taxpayer money has anything to do with separation of church and state?

And again, which version of the Ten Commandments is being used? The Jewish, the Catholic, or the Protestant one? (yes, there are 3 distinct versions)

Which church gets to stick their nose in the State's business?

All of them. The "state's business" is "our" business, you know "we the people". The separation clause's main purpose was to assuage the fears of the Danbury, Connecticut Baptists. The Supreme Court in 1892 gave what is known as the Trinity Decision. In that decision the Supreme Court declared, "this is a Christian nation." John Quincy Adams said, "The highest glory of the American Revolution was, it connected in one indissoluble bond, the principles of civil government with the principles of Christianity." The founders were definitely Christian for the most part. At least 90 to 95 percentage of them were practicing, Trinitarian Christians. This and the additional supporting evidence below show conclusively that the concern that motivated the framers to include the establishment clause in the constitution was definitely not fear of the doctrinal religion of Christian Theism. It was understood that Christian Theism was the default state doctrinal religion. As opposed to being something to fear, it was something believed to be vital to the success of our government. Consequently, the framers feared a state denominational religion not a state doctrinal religion! Some additional evidences that indicate Christian Theism was the national doctrinal religion are listed below:

• Emblazoned over the Speaker of the House in the US Capitol are the words "In God We Trust."
  • The Supreme Court building built in the 1930's has carvings of Moses and the Ten Commandments.
  • God is mentioned in stone all over Washington D.C., on its monuments and buildings.
  • As a nation, we have celebrated Christmas to commemorate the Savior's birth for centuries.
  • Oaths in courtrooms have invoked God from the beginning.
  • The founding fathers often quoted the Bible in their writings.
  • Every president that has given an inaugural address has mentioned God in that speech.
  • Prayers have been said at the swearing in of each president.
  • Each president was sworn in on the Bible, saying the words, "So help me God."
  • Our national anthem mentions God.
  • The liberty bell has a Bible verse engraved on it.
  • The original constitution of all 50 states mentions God.
  • Chaplains have been in the public payroll from the very beginning.
  • Our nations birth certificate, the Declaration of Independence, mentions God four times.
  • The Bible was used as a textbook in the schools.

Maybe you didn't mean what you said? Or just lied?

No I meant exactly what I said. You asked. " Which church gets to stick their nose in the State's business?", my answer was all of them. Just because every faith isn't recognized with symbols on government buildings doesn't mean they don't have a voice.

enjoy your angst.

You don't think putting a particular religious symbol on a government building with taxpayer money has anything to do with separation of church and state?

And again, which version of the Ten Commandments is being used? The Jewish, the Catholic, or the Protestant one? (yes, there are 3 distinct versions)

reread the first amendment and get back to me. putting up a statue, or a tablet is hardly the same as the govt establishing a religion and forcing you to support it.EOF

as to which version of the ten commandments they use, i don't give a flying fuck about that, nor would i care if a koan, a verse from the koran, a shinto haiku or a quote from thoreau.

*shrug*

perspective. try it.

enjoy your angst.

reread the first amendment and get back to me. putting up a statue, or a tablet is hardly the same as the govt establishing a religion and forcing you to support it.EOF

as to which version of the ten commandments they use, i don't give a flying fuck about that, nor would i care if a koan, a verse from the koran, a shinto haiku or a quote from thoreau.

*shrug*

perspective. try it.

Here's the issue....WHY put a copy of the Ten Commandments in front of a State Building where SECULAR law (that is supposed to treat all Zonies equally) is being created? What is the purpose here?

What think you?

*shrug*

perspective. try it.

Here's the issue....WHY put a copy of the Ten Commandments in front of a State Building where SECULAR law (that is supposed to treat all Zonies equally) is being created? What is the purpose here?

What think you?
Let's say your name is actually Muhammad. You have been arrested for say...shoplifting.

You arrive in court to have your case heard and above the judge's desk there hang the Ten Commandments.

The first four of these commandments have nothing NOTHING to do with secular law. And yet there it is, right above the person dispensing justice.

Now, let's say your name is Smith. You are in Jordan or Lebanon or Saudi Arabia. The charge is again shoplifting. Above the judge's desk hangs passages from the Koran which have nothing NOTHING to do with secular law.

Can you be assured that secular justice is thoroughly dispensed in either courtroom?

Last edited:
I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery;
Do not have any other gods before me.

There you have it...the state directing people they must worship one god

Honoring the 10 commandments as historical in the law process is not quite the same as 'directing the people who and what to worship.... don't worry, you can still have your Obama altar

I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery;

Honoring the 10 commandments as historical in the law process is not quite the same as 'directing the people who and what to worship.... don't worry, you can still have your Obama altar

An interesting point. What do you think would be done and said IF there was a vote by lawmakers to have a religious monument to Obama (or his sayings) put in front of a government courthouse or legislative house?

An interesting point. What do you think would be done and said IF there was a vote by lawmakers to have a religious monument to Obama (or his sayings) put in front of a government courthouse or legislative house?

Wow your reduced to making strawman arguments. :clap2:

How does the 10 commandment statue force anyone to pray to anything?

That said, this is a huge waste of money, and those who voted for this should be ejected from office.

-TSO

We have quotes of past Presidents and all as monuments... past governors and other historical figures as well...

And if they decided to put Hammurabi's code on a monument.. so be it too

None of it is forcing a religion

There's going to be an erection at the old Capitol?

Excellent. We can finally discover the truth behind the saying 'everything's bigger in Texas'.

On topic: Unless you are paying for it, mind your own damned business about what Texans spend their money on.

You mean off topic? The topic is on Arizona. Where the fuck did you get Texas?

I just wanted to use the phrase 'everything's bigger in Texas', cuz I like it. :lol::lol: I really need to marry a Texan.

Wow your reduced to making strawman arguments. :clap2:

I guess you are just too stupid to notice that I am replying to Diamond Dave's comments about an "Obama altar."

Or else you are just a dishonest simpleton.

Forum List

Back