Religious Liberty or Secularism?

Nothing in your litany of quotes from the various bibles is of any consequence other than to demonstrate you can cut and paste from the various bibles. We know the bibles were written by men. It is mere dogma. That is why it is so prone to error. You post these "quotes", believing that they were authored by a supernatural entity when we know that they were authored by superstitious men who had a vested interest in manipulating the thoughts and actions of even more deeply superstitious people. Your certainly of these supernatural agents cripples your ability to even perceive your own mistakes. It is a great way of managing your own security. Too bad it's not also a great way of pursuing truth.

The fact is no nation will destroy Israel. God said it and the Bible records it. But you are free to try and prove there is no God and that the Bible is wrong ---- if you like! Looks like the mistake is yours.

Of course, you would have to be omniscient to know for a “fact” that no nation will destroy Israel. Whether that happens or not is irreverent to any alleged prophesy in the bibles.

Yours is simply another account of an individual confusing metaphors with “facts”. Your certainty with “facts” carries many presumptions and biases. Your “fact” is entirely an artifact of your own apparent unhappiness that anyone should challenge your dogma. Perhaps you should deal with your own issues before cluttering the thread with conjecture disguised as “fact”.

Secondly, I don’t spend a great deal of time trying to disprove that which you are unable to offer the simplest and most basic proofs for. And yes, I have already disproved your gawds, You are free to prove I haven’t.

And yes, the bibles are frequently and profoundly wrong. I was simply pointing out that your rant was of the puerile sort that generally serves no pragmatic purpose other than to let the ranter blow off steam. It was absolutely not of any positive contribution to the thread, and certainly would do nothing more than further reduce any chance that the person you were addressing it to was likely to take seriously a thing you had to say.
Have you ever prayed to God?

The fact is no nation will destroy Israel. God said it and the Bible records it. But you are free to try and prove there is no God and that the Bible is wrong ---- if you like! Looks like the mistake is yours.

Of course, you would have to be omniscient to know for a “fact” that no nation will destroy Israel. Whether that happens or not is irreverent to any alleged prophesy in the bibles.

Yours is simply another account of an individual confusing metaphors with “facts”. Your certainty with “facts” carries many presumptions and biases. Your “fact” is entirely an artifact of your own apparent unhappiness that anyone should challenge your dogma. Perhaps you should deal with your own issues before cluttering the thread with conjecture disguised as “fact”.

Secondly, I don’t spend a great deal of time trying to disprove that which you are unable to offer the simplest and most basic proofs for. And yes, I have already disproved your gawds, You are free to prove I haven’t.

And yes, the bibles are frequently and profoundly wrong. I was simply pointing out that your rant was of the puerile sort that generally serves no pragmatic purpose other than to let the ranter blow off steam. It was absolutely not of any positive contribution to the thread, and certainly would do nothing more than further reduce any chance that the person you were addressing it to was likely to take seriously a thing you had to say.
Have you ever prayed to God?

Yes. I've prayed to most of the more current configurations of gawds. I've prayed that they will protect me from those who follow them.

Genesis 12:3 GOD'S PROMISE TO THE HEBREWS/ISRAEL/JEWS (proof of God)

New International Version (©2011)
I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you."

New Living Translation (©2007)
I will bless those who bless you and curse those who treat you with contempt. All the families on earth will be blessed through you."

English Standard Version (©2001)
I will bless those who bless you, and him who dishonors you I will curse, and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
And I will bless those who bless you, And the one who curses you I will curse. And in you all the families of the earth will be blessed."

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Holman Christian Standard Bible (©2009)
I will bless those who bless you, I will curse those who treat you with contempt, and all the peoples on earth will be blessed through you.

International Standard Version (©2012)
I'll bless those who bless you, but I'll curse the one who curses you, and through you all the people of the earth will be blessed."

NET Bible (©2006)
I will bless those who bless you, but the one who treats you lightly I must curse, and all the families of the earth will bless one another by your name."

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you, I will curse. Through you every family on earth will be blessed."

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
And I will bless them that bless you, and curse him that curses you: and in you shall all families of the earth be blessed.

American King James Version
And I will bless them that bless you, and curse him that curses you: and in you shall all families of the earth be blessed.

American Standard Version
and I will bless them that bless thee, and him that curseth thee will I curse: and in thee shall all the families of the earth be blessed.

Douay-Rheims Bible
I will bless them that bless thee, and curse them that curse thee, and IN THEE shall all the kindred of the earth be blessed:

Darby Bible Translation
And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee; and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

English Revised Version
and I will bless them that bless thee, and him that curseth thee will I curse: and in thee shall all the families of the earth be blessed.

Webster's Bible Translation
And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

World English Bible
I will bless those who bless you, and I will curse him who curses you. All of the families of the earth will be blessed in you."

Young's Literal Translation
And I bless those blessing thee, and him who is disesteeming thee I curse, and blessed in thee have been all families of the ground.'

Nothing in your litany of quotes from the various bibles is of any consequence other than to demonstrate you can cut and paste from the various bibles. We know the bibles were written by men. It is mere dogma. That is why it is so prone to error. You post these "quotes", believing that they were authored by a supernatural entity when we know that they were authored by superstitious men who had a vested interest in manipulating the thoughts and actions of even more deeply superstitious people. Your certainly of these supernatural agents cripples your ability to even perceive your own mistakes. It is a great way of managing your own security. Too bad it's not also a great way of pursuing truth.

Noah couldn't have put 2 of every animal on a boat plus food for 40 days, it's a physical impossibility.

Where is the Bible wrong? Show me the mistakes. You have not proven the Bible incorrect and you cannot prove that there is no God. I would say I do not rant. I have verses that support what I say. What exactly do you have that proves what you believe? I find you disrespectful and not positive. Example: When I talk of Mormonism I do not make fun. I do not say "gawds" and "bibles." I write the "book of Mormon." And though I do not believe that book is of God, I am polite and try to not insult. You are totally opposite, but I can clearly see the reason for your disparaging remarks. That in of itself proves the difference between a spiritual person and a material one.

Noah couldn't have put 2 of every animal on a boat plus food for 40 days, it's a physical impossibility.

Actually, Noah was told to include 7 pairs of some kinds. And Noah and the animals were in the ark for a year. But you have not proven that such is impossible --- just because you say so... God applied man in writing His Word. God applies man in doing mission work. In this way God matures the faith of His elect. They learn to depend on God for guidance. And God does guide, but that is something you are not aware of yet.

Actually, Noah was told to include 7 pairs of some kinds. And Noah and the animals were in the ark for over a year. Noah entered the ark in the 600th year of his life, on the 17th day of the 2nd month (Genesis 7:11-13). Noah left the ark on the 27th day of the 2nd month of the following year (Genesis 8:14-15). Therefore, assuming a lunar calendar of 360 days, Noah was on the ark for approximately 370 days.
But you have not proven that such is impossible --- just because you say so... God applied man in writing His Word. God applies man in doing mission work. In this way God matures the faith of His elect. They learn to depend on God for guidance. And God does guide, but that is something you are not aware of yet. Lets face the fact that the Bible states that Jesus fed 5000 people with 5 small loaves of bread and 2 fishes. I certainly feel that God could feed an ark full of animals and 8 individuals and they had 100 years to prepare for the Flood...

Last edited:
Where is the Bible wrong? Show me the mistakes.
The Bibles are frequently wrong, inconsistent and contain logical errors and omissions. If you do a search, you can find many web sites that authoritatively describe those errors.

I’m not the one who is insisting that the bibles are to be taken literally as others are suggesting. The clear language of the bibles, that often requires rather lengthy and often contradictory rationalizations and ad hoc explanations to avoid tripping over the logical errors, contradictions and omissions is not of my doing. Such gyrations would never have been necessary had not apologists insisted the bibles to be a technical scientific / historical reference textbook rather than a religious document with nothing scientific to say.

In this way christian apologists have been hoist by their own petard.

You have not proven the Bible incorrect and you cannot prove that there is no God.
I have in fact proven the bibles are incorrect and further, have proven there are no gawds. Prove I haven’t.

I would say I do not rant. I have verses that support what I say.
I have verses from Homer’s Illiad that prove what I say.

What exactly do you have that proves what you believe? I find you disrespectful and not positive. Example: When I talk of Mormonism I do not make fun. I do not say "gawds" and "bibles." I write the "book of Mormon." And though I do not believe that book is of God, I am polite and try to not insult.
Perhaps you missed it, but your earlier post referenced several bibles and many references to commentaries on bibles. Why is it disparaging to reference the bibles you have referenced?

So you acknowledge the uselessness of your response. Good for you.

The need for your concurrent personal attack on the questioner is, however, still a mystery.

You are totally opposite, but I can clearly see the reason for your disparaging remarks. That in of itself proves the difference between a spiritual person and a material one.
As to your self-serving and foolishly framed notion that as a fundie Christian, you hold some special moral /ethical advantage, should I assume that this is the standard rhetorical bomb fundies hurl whenever choosing to tell someone "how superior you are because of your religion"? If you are honestly such a one note wonder then perhaps one post per thread should be your quota so as not to be seen as hopelessly redundant.

Where is the Bible wrong? Show me the mistakes. You have not proven the Bible incorrect and you cannot prove that there is no God. I would say I do not rant. I have verses that support what I say. What exactly do you have that proves what you believe? I find you disrespectful and not positive. Example: When I talk of Mormonism I do not make fun. I do not say "gawds" and "bibles." I write the "book of Mormon." And though I do not believe that book is of God, I am polite and try to not insult. You are totally opposite, but I can clearly see the reason for your disparaging remarks. That in of itself proves the difference between a spiritual person and a material one.

The issue has nothing to do with the bible being ‘wrong.’

The issue is the fact that the bible is fiction, written by men, completely devoid of legal, secular authority.

Actually, Noah was told to include 7 pairs of some kinds. And Noah and the animals were in the ark for over a year. Noah entered the ark in the 600th year of his life, on the 17th day of the 2nd month (Genesis 7:11-13). Noah left the ark on the 27th day of the 2nd month of the following year (Genesis 8:14-15). Therefore, assuming a lunar calendar of 360 days, Noah was on the ark for approximately 370 days.
But you have not proven that such is impossible --- just because you say so... God applied man in writing His Word. God applies man in doing mission work. In this way God matures the faith of His elect. They learn to depend on God for guidance. And God does guide, but that is something you are not aware of yet. Lets face the fact that the Bible states that Jesus fed 5000 people with 5 small loaves of bread and 2 fishes. I certainly feel that God could feed an ark full of animals and 8 individuals and they had 100 years to prepare for the Flood...
8.7 million species today, times at least 2 is 17.4 million animals that he collected from around the world and put on a boat too small to hold them and food for 360 days.

Jesus didn't feed all those people with 5 loaves of bread, that's made up too. Sorry, please try again.
How many species on Earth? About 8.7 million, new estimate says

Forum List

Back