Religious Books Worth Reading

presonorek

Gold Member
Jun 7, 2015
Alabama
I am trying to compile a list of twelve necessary books that I should read multiple times throughout my life to become an unofficial expert on the subject of religion. My list is a little short. Help me out with some good suggestions. This is what I have so far:

HCSB Bible
Book of Mormon
Bhagavad Gita
Institutes of the Christian Religion
Book of Order (PCUSA)
The Satanic Bible
Qu’ran (probably read it only once)

Is anybody familiar with any of the older books on Puritan theology? They say Charles Spurgeon read scores of books on Puritan theology for fun as a young child. Even though Charles Spurgeon had no formal theological training they say he was highly educated.

I read the Satanic Bible; very boring.

This one looks intriguing:

1617208643444.png

To become an unofficial expert on religion requires education in atheism. Otherwise, it’s like fucking to end love, because xianity, for example, secretes atheism once the prisoner experiences the essence of its violent drug and does something about it to free themselves.

I am trying to compile a list of twelve necessary books that I should read multiple times throughout my life to become an unofficial expert on the subject of religion. My list is a little short. Help me out with some good suggestions. This is what I have so far:

HCSB Bible
Book of Mormon
Bhagavad Gita
Book of Order (PCUSA)
The Satanic Bible

Is anybody familiar with any of the older books on Puritan theology? They say Charles Spurgeon read scores of books on Puritan theology for fun as a young child. Even though Charles Spurgeon had no formal theological training they say he was highly educated.

Better off dumping religion instead as it is made up fable that only delusionists would gladly waste their lives following.

Why not honorably live in the real world instead?

HCSB Bible
Book of Mormon
Bhagavad Gita
Book of Order (PCUSA)
The Satanic Bible

Better off dumping religion instead as it is made up fable that only delusionists would gladly waste their lives following.

I am a full blown atheist. Being an atheist doesn’t require me to be a dogmatically close minded moron. Have you ever seen the Vatican? Have you ever seen the Mormon temples? Those are funded by organized humans. Religion is obviously a source of magnificent power. Just because I do not believe in an invisible talking man doesn’t mean that I do not believe in the tangible results of humans who believe in an invisible talking man. Atheist does not equate to being a moron as you imply. I am insulted that you feel I’m obligated to being a completely mindless imbecile that is unobservant of reality just because I am an atheist. Some atheist have brains. They aren’t all mindless idiots. Don’t bulk me in with those anti religious zealous fools. I’m not that kind of atheist. I will hone the power of religion to my advantage sir. To laugh at religion is folly my kind sir. Go away. Your religion is worse than the religion of Christians.

The fool says in his heart there is no God. Psalms 14:1

Maybe God doesn’t exist in the way a chair or a tree may exist but God does exist inside the spirit of humans much in the same way as an emotion or a thought resides inside of humans. Thoughts and emotions aren’t tangible but there is evidence that thoughts and feelings are real things. God is like that. We see crystal clear evidence of how He motivates humans. Entire nations were born. Entire nations were slaughtered through the power of God.

Yes. You can dig a hole with your bare hands but there are other tools available that make digging a hole easier.

Yes. You can live life without religion but it is a tool that makes life much easier.

Last edited:

HCSB Bible
Book of Mormon
Bhagavad Gita
Book of Order (PCUSA)
The Satanic Bible

Sure, Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals is a must read.

Also the book Marx wrote.

That is, if you really want to understand the most successful religion of the modern era.

HCSB Bible
Book of Mormon
Bhagavad Gita
Book of Order (PCUSA)
The Satanic Bible

Sure, Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals is a must read.

Also the book Marx wrote.

That is, if you really want to understand the most successful religion of the modern era.

Attachments

• A98A3F90-9B80-47EA-AB8A-4D136D884926.jpeg
    A98A3F90-9B80-47EA-AB8A-4D136D884926.jpeg
    212.7 KB · Views: 28

HCSB Bible
Book of Mormon
Bhagavad Gita
Book of Order (PCUSA)
The Satanic Bible

I am a full blown atheist. Being an atheist doesn’t require me to be a dogmatically close minded moron. Have you ever seen the Vatican? Have you ever seen the Mormon temples? Those are funded by organized humans. Religion is obviously a source of magnificent power. Just because I do not believe in an invisible talking man doesn’t mean that I do not believe in the tangible results of humans who believe in an invisible talking man. Atheist does not equate to being a moron as you imply. I am insulted that you feel I’m obligated to being a completely mindless imbecile that is unobservant of reality just because I am an atheist. Some atheist have brains. They aren’t all mindless idiots. Don’t bulk me in with those anti religious zealous fools. I’m not that kind of atheist. I will hone the power of religion to my advantage sir. To laugh at religion is folly my kind sir. Go away. Your religion is worse than the religion of Christians.

Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!

I was a DEACON in a Church, owned 14 different bibles a couple were rare copies, owned Strongs Exhaustive Concordance that was for the king James bible, gave bible lessons and visited the homes of old people helping them. Gave it all up August 1990, been free ever since, no religion at all either since real Atheists are free thinking individuals.

No you are NOT an Atheist, you are a bald faced liar, Atheists would not spend hours reading numerous religious texts, that is what religionists do. I know you are full of shit since your lie is stupid and exposes what I personally know it to be a lie since Atheists don't want to read a bunch of religious crap they gave up or were Atheists from day one., life is precious wouldn't waste it reading all that religious shit they don't accept at all.

You can't help it but you destroyed yourself when you several times claimed you are atheist, yet post this as an attack on me:

The word Atheos (Atheist) means...... LINK

:cuckoo:

HCSB Bible
Book of Mormon
Bhagavad Gita
Book of Order (PCUSA)
The Satanic Bible

Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!

I was a DEACON in a Church, owned 14 different bibles a couple were rare copies, owned Strongs Exhaustive Concordance that was for the king James bible, gave bible lessons and visited the homes of old people helping them. Gave it all up August 1990, been free ever since, no religion at all either since real Atheists are free thinking individuals.

No you are NOT an Atheist, you are a bald faced liar, Atheists would not spend hours reading numerous religious texts, that is what religionists do. I know you are full of shit since your lie is stupid and exposes what I personally know it to be a lie since Atheists don't want to read a bunch of religious crap they gave up or were Atheists from day one., life is precious wouldn't waste it reading all that religious shit they don't accept at all.

You can't help it but you destroyed yourself when you several times claimed you are atheist, yet post this as an attack on me:

I guess you can define the word however you want. I do not believe there is a magic man that created the universe. I do not believe there is a magic man that answers prayers. It is not my desire to prove you the inner thoughts within my head. My desire is to obtain suggestions of books that would broaden my understanding of what motivates people to build temples of excessive beauty and majesty. I want to read books that motivate people to dedicate every waking moment of their life to a cause that gives them no benefit.

Do you have any books that you would suggest?

HCSB Bible
Book of Mormon
Bhagavad Gita
Book of Order (PCUSA)
The Satanic Bible

Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!

I guess you can define the word however you want. I do not believe there is a magic man that created the universe. I do not believe there is a magic man that answers prayers. It is not my desire to prove you the inner thoughts within my head. My desire is to obtain suggestions of books that would broaden my understanding of what motivates people to build temples of excessive beauty and majesty. I want to read books that motivate people to dedicate every waking moment of their life to a cause that gives them no benefit.

I do, but they are probably all banned by now thanks to the Left.

Oh well, so long as you are good little Leftist everything will be Ok.

Keep reading that dribble you had in your hand cuz that's all you are now.

HCSB Bible
Book of Mormon
Bhagavad Gita
Book of Order (PCUSA)
The Satanic Bible

Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!

Those are two different words.

Attachments

• F9EEF513-FEFE-4D6F-B406-23B5326B915F.jpeg
    F9EEF513-FEFE-4D6F-B406-23B5326B915F.jpeg
    114.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 4B3DC172-FBCE-4D20-A69B-B1579764EA43.jpeg
    4B3DC172-FBCE-4D20-A69B-B1579764EA43.jpeg
    26.6 KB · Views: 30

HCSB Bible
Book of Mormon
Bhagavad Gita
Book of Order (PCUSA)
The Satanic Bible

Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!

I do, but they are probably all banned by now thanks to the Left.

You might be surprised. This is America. Just because Amazon doesn’t sell it doesn’t mean it can’t be found.

What are the titles of the books you were going to recommend? I will check and see if they got banned yet. If a book was truly banned then I certainly want to read that one. It must have great power if they want to take it out of my hands.

HCSB Bible
Book of Mormon
Bhagavad Gita
Book of Order (PCUSA)
The Satanic Bible

Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!

I can do better than that, read books about church/religion programming people from infancy..... the young learn religion from their parents, which goes back thousands of years in every generation.

My children are NOT getting the programming at all, which is why they have no interest in religion. I don't try to make them Atheists either, I just leave it alone altogether, they are free to pursue religion if they want to, they don't want it.

Without that programming from day one, religion would fade away....

Here are three books you can read, I have these three in my library:

The Age of Reason by Thomas Paine

The Discovery of Freedom by Rose Wilder Lane

The Bigots of Biscobel by Ev Oman

HCSB Bible
Book of Mormon
Bhagavad Gita
Book of Order (PCUSA)
The Satanic Bible

Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!

I can do better than that, read books about church/religion programming people from infancy..... the young learn religion from their parents, which goes back thousands of years in every generation.

My children are NOT getting the programming at all, which is why they have no interest in religion. I don't try to make them Atheists either, I just leave it alone altogether, they are free to pursue religion if they want to, they don't want it.

Have you ever heard of The God Virus by Darrel Ray ?

At one time I owned a copy of The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins but I was overwhelmed by the enormity of it. It may be bigger than the Bible. I was too overwhelmed to read it.

HCSB Bible
Book of Mormon
Bhagavad Gita
Book of Order (PCUSA)
The Satanic Bible

Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!

At one time I owned a copy of The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins but I was overwhelmed by the enormity of it. It may be bigger than the Bible. I was too overwhelmed to read it.

Yeah I have but already know that problem first hand, heck it is vivid in Chem Engineers replies about obvious bible errors in another thread.

I stay away from Richard Dawkings stuff, have better things to do, going to buy veggie plants for my Garden today which has been getting planted bit by bit (have a deep green thumb) it part of doing better things.

HCSB Bible
Book of Mormon
Bhagavad Gita
Book of Order (PCUSA)
The Satanic Bible

Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!

Got one better, from the ROOT of the word atheos:

The etymological root for the word atheism originated before the 5th century BCE from the ancient Greek ἄθεος (atheos), meaning "without god(s)"

HCSB Bible
Book of Mormon
Bhagavad Gita
Book of Order (PCUSA)
The Satanic Bible

Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!

By the way I see that The God Virus author is well educated on this topic:

Biography
Dr. Darrel W. Ray is author of four books, two on organizational team issues, The God Virus: How Religion Infects Our Lives and Culture which explores the social-psychology of religion and his latest book, Sex and God: How Religion Distorts Sexuality. He has been a psychologist for over 30 years, practicing counseling and clinical psychology for 10 years then moved into organizational psychology and consulting. He has been a student of religion most of his life and holds a MA degree in religion as well as a BA in Sociology/Anthropology and a Doctorate in psychology.

LINK

HCSB Bible
Book of Mormon
Bhagavad Gita
Book of Order (PCUSA)
The Satanic Bible

Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!

Got one better, from the ROOT of the word atheos:

The etymological root for the word atheism originated before the 5th century BCE from the ancient Greek ἄθεος (atheos), meaning "without god(s)"

I am not an atheos but I do consider myself an atheist. This is based on the definition of atheos from the link you sent me.

Forum List

Back